chap 3

A different side of you and me

'I think.. I've already fallen for Jeongguk'

 

 

"This is giving me a real headache! I can't believe that you actually got into a fight with a customer" the manage, Taehyung's uncle scold, sitting down on his metal chair.

"This is not about who's right or wrong anymore!" he point at Jeongguk directly whose facing away from, completely ignoring and not listening to whatever he's saying. "Hey Jeongguk! Are you listening?" he raise his voice.

'No.. it's because of me, that's why Jeongguk-' Taehyung thought as he stare down on the floor.

"Let me ask you again, what was the reason?" Jeongguk stay silence, not giving in but at least he's facing the manager now. "Are you not planning to tell me?"

Jeongguk doesn't say anything and keep his emotionless but serious face.

'All because of me--' Taehyung thought, blaming himself as he glance over at Jeongguk, nervous creep inside his stomach.

"..Then you leave me no choice" the manager sigh, shaking his head in disapproval. "I'll have to ask you to stop working from today---"

Taehyung flinch slightly at his uncle's comment, "No! It's not like that uncle!!" he yell out with his eyes shut tight, interrupting the manager and surprise Jeongguk. "Jeongguk didn't do anything wrong!"

"Hey, it's okay" Jeongguk mutter as he turn his attention to Taehyung.

"No! It's not okay!" Taehyung spat back, raising his voice.

"T-The one who had a problem with those people... was me. Not Jeongguk!" Taehyung explain, finding himself stutter. "Jeongguk was just helping me" he add.

"..I was always hiding at home.. Being able to work like that today, was all thanks for Jeongguk. Working with him made me feel very happy, he helped me so much" Taehyung exclaim feeling his face burning hot. He never talk this much before, let alone his feelings. "So... So please.. please don't dismiss him. I beg of you!" with that, he bow a full 90 degree.

 

--

 

"Eh~? You didn't get sacked!?" Hoseok made an 'o' shape with his mouth before filling it with a cigarette. "I was thinking you would definitely get fired"

"Yeah, I also thought I was a goner" Jeongguk admit, opening his soda can.

"Maybe it's cause that guy didn't go flying with your kick" Hoseok laugh, "That must be it!"

"Jeongguk" Taehyung mutter, not too quiet but enough for Jeongguk to hear, "Um, that is.. t-thank you"

"Nah.. I just couldn't take it anymore and kicked him without thinking. It is you actually who helped me and I was really glad when you said all that stuff" Jeongguk chuckle, hitting Taehyung chest playfully as an 'thanks.' "Thanks a lot man"

'I really..' Taehyung smile and look at Jeongguk in awe, 'I really really do like you'

'But,' Taehyung stop his thought, a jolt of anxiety pass him, 'If I want to continue being friends with him like this. These feelings.. I must never let him know'

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung just stare at Jeongguk's back and a chatty Hoseok from a few feets away, 'It's okay like this' he reassure himself, not noticing that Jeongguk had turn around to face the latter. 'Like this is already enough..'

"You---" Jeongguk said, grabbing onto Taehyung's wrist, "---Are a little liar!"

"Eh?"

Before Taehyung can grasp the situation, Jeongguk's making out with him. Traching his hand down Taehyung's torso with a devilish grin on his face, "W-wait.. ah"

"Ngh.. haa.. AH--"

 

 

Taehyung eyes fling open in horror, his face flush red and his mouth hanging open with drool.

Something's wet is press against his ear, Taehyung turn his face sideway, finding the kitten staring at him demanding food. "Huh? You?"

Picking up the kitten and sit up properly, as soon as he finish wiping the kitten spit off his ear, he notice something strange.. or more specific, wet and sticky below.

'Wha-- oh my god' Taehyung thought fluster, 'I can't believe this!?'

--

'What am I doing..' Taehyung thought, feeling extremely guilty and ashamed as he wash his boxer. 'Dreaming of that.. kind of thing'

The thought of Jeongguk kissing Taehyung passionately cross the latter's mind, causing him to blush.

That kind of thing--is impossible.

 

--

 

Taehyung reach his arm out to grab a hair gel off the shelves. He didn't notice another hand was reaching for the same thing he want to grab until he collide their hands together.

Taehyung stiffen up at the touch and quickly retract his hand right away, eyes widen and his face flush a nice, barely noticeable, crimson red.

"Ah sorry," Jeongguk notice Taehyung, holding onto the hair gel, "You wanna use this?"

"N-No need!" Taehyung reply right away, a little more loud then usual. "You can use it first!"

Jeongguk doesn't say anything beside shrugging at Taehyung's strange behaviors and continue with his work.

'Our hands only just touch a little' Taehyung thought, remembering the touch and his hands linger for Jeongguk's. 'Ahh... Seriously..' Taehyung sigh in defeat, shaking his hand hoping that the linger feeling my go away. His face start to feel hot and he turn his back onto Jeongguk, 'I need to calm down' he reassure himself, doing his best not to get caught on his tomato face and his wild thoughts that are unecessary.

Jeongguk stare at Taehyung with curisity, whose still in his own thought and fluster, eventually gives up and return his attention back to work. Taehyung then steal a glance back at Jeongguk, whose assisting the customers and scratch the back of his head as he open the cashier machine to grab the change.

 

--

 

Jeongguk grab his backpack, swinging it over his shoulder and let out a yawn, ready to go home and take a long bath or a quick shower then hit the hay.

He then notice the sound behind him, taking a glance over his shoulder, finding Taehyung shaking his head violently with his cheeks puff out, whispering "No!" to himself repeatedly.

Jeongguk didn't comment on Taehyung weird behavior that happen for the whole day and just kept silent. As they walk back home, nearing to the split road, where they usually depart from each other and walk different direction.

"I'll be going then, bye" Jeongguk said as he turn left.

"Ah okay then, good bye" Taehyung reply turning right.

Jeongguk slow down his steps as he walk away from Taehyung. He decided to walk a couple more steps before turning his body back suddenly, srartling Taehyung whose starting at the latter over his shoulder.

Taehyung face flush completely red in embarrassment within a second, his mouth hang open but doesn't say anything.

"..Taehyung"

"EH?!" Taehyung shriek, a little too loud and was unnecessary, "Ah, yes?" he said clearing his throat.

"See ya tomorrow" Jeongguk wave, causing Taehyung eye's widen with sparkle in them, or so it look like.

"See you tomorrow!" Taehyung hum and wave back happily. Jeongguk swear he sees flower and sense happy aura around Taehyung. With a bright rectangle smile, Taehyung turn around and run off humming to a song. Leaving Jeongguk slightly confuse and slightly aware of the situation.

 

--

 

'Hmm~~ maybe..' Jeongguk thought using his straw to poke a hole through his strawberry milk carton box, 'Could I be thinking too much..?' taking a sip of the milk, he make his way back to class, walking away from the vending machine.

"Ah!"

A voice call out above but Jeongguk was too immerse in his thought to even hear the voice, continuing his walking.

Suddenly something drop down from above making a loud 'CLANK' sound then slide across the floor, continuing causing the 'clanking' noise until it stop sliding. Jeongguk flinch at the object and jump aside, barely dodging it and yell "WHA-" holding to his milk carton for dear life because he does not enjoy the thought of cleaning up his favorite milk.

"So dangerious! That was so damn close" Jeongguk growl, one hand holding the milk carton while the other clutch onto his chest, trying his best to calm down his racing heart beat. "Who the hell did this?!" he mumble to himself, walking over to the object and pick it up. "Keys?" Jeongguk stare at the pair of keys then look around his surrounding to find the god damn culprit.

"Ah! Sorry about it! I accidentally dropped 'em" a voice apologize from above, catching Jeongguk's attention. "Could you please throw it u---" the voice stop and the person jerk backward the moment they realize that it was Jeongguk. He had caramel hair and chubby cheeks, muscles arms show through his school uniform.. no other than Jimin.

'That guy is..' Jeongguk thought trying his best to remember who the hell he is, his face darken as he remember the events of who Jimin is and Jimin's face gone pale. Jeongguk notice Jimin gulp, he beckon the other with a threatening you-come-down-here-now look. Jimin doesn't exactly say anything but he does get a bad feeling.

 

 

Jeongguk waited for a few minutes until he sees Jimin jogging toward him.

"Here" Jeongguk hand over Jimn his keys.

"Uh.. T-Thank you.." Jimin mumble, holding his palm out to retrieve the keys, not daring to make any contact.

"And I should 'thank' you for last time" Jeongguk said with a grin plaster over his face, dropping the keys onto Jimin;s palm as the other tense up with Jeongguk's comment. "You should've heard from Namjoon"

"Erm, Taehyung.. is he alright?"

"Why do you care?" Jeongguk tilt his head, "Do you still think you even have the right to care?"

"I heard everything about what you guys did to him, and the one I want to send flying with a kick the most is you" Jeongguk grin grew wider as he notice how much Jimin's trying his best to shrink away. "The rotten guy hiding behind that innocent mask"

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?" Jimin yell out of frustration suddenly, "He.." he trail off but start again, "I treated him as a friend, and yet he was lookinga t me with such disgusting thoughts" Jeongguk doesn't say anything but he can notice Jimin gritting his teeth, trying his best to stay calm. "T-The one who betrayed our friendship first was Taehyung!"

"I was.. I was also.. being put through hell for that rumor!" Jimin clench his hands into a fist. He clench it so hard that his knuckles turn white and start to shake from no blood circulation, "And I'm not even---"

Jimin look down on the floor, hiding his face, "Altho' I knew what Namjoon and the rest were doing was too much..--- but it was all Taehyung's own fault!"

"He had it coming!! He only had himself to blame!" Jimin raise his voice, louder than his usual voice but he only raise his voice when he want to get his message across. "I've got nothing to do with it!"

Jeongguk doesn't say anything for the next few minutes, waiting for Jimin to finish talking and he was.

"You really are a scumbag" Jeongguk said with a monotone, he step forward and grab Jimin's shirt collar, ready to beat the living out of him. As Jeongguk raise Jimin off the ground, Jimin doens't struggle or try to escape, it's like he's a corpse. Jimin look down at Jeongguk biting his bottom lip and his eyebrow furrow together, not angrily or anything, more of a pathetic look.

"Bah! Forget it" Jeongguk tsk, letting go of Jimin and drop him on the ground. Jimin lost balance but didn't fall on his , "You better watch out" Jeongguk warn.

"..You too"

"Huh?"

"Maybe you're still only friends now, but wait till he start looking at in that way! Let's see how you take it!" Jimin fix his shirt collar and take a few steps back, "Then you will know how I feel!!" with that he ran off, leaving Jeongguk behind.

'Well---' Jeongguk thought, scratching the back of his head as he watch Jimin disappearing around the hallway corner, 'He probably.. already does see me in that way'