Chapter 3

Living Together

"Waffle!" Wonwoo hugged you from behind, practically tackling you as he did so. "Oof, Jeon. Get off of me! Someone might see, and it's embarrassing." You slumped in his grip as he nuzzled your cheek with his nose. "That's no way to treat your pancake, waffle." Sighing, you attempted to continue walking. Wonwoo held onto you as you shuffled towards your house, and smiled. "Hey waffle?" You continued shuffling forward, and asked, "What?"

"Will you go on a date with me?"


5 hours later, Wonwoo knocked on your door. "Are you ready, waffle? Halloween doesn't wait for anyone." Your room's door opened a little, and you poked your head out. "Are you sure it's okay to wear this? I mean, I've never done this before." "I'm sure you look fine, waffle. Come on, Seungcheol hyung's waiting for us downstairs." You stepped out, covering your face with your hands. Wonwoo's jaw dropped seeing your costume. "You look amazing, waffle." He slipped his hand into yours and tugged you down the stairs and out the door. (Not before your mom insisted on taking a photo of you two together)

Opening the car door for you, Wonwoo smiled and hurried you in. He sat next to you and closed the door, and Seungcheol drove off. "Hey there, I'm Seungcheol. I take it your Wonwoo's date, then?" You nodded, poking Wonwoo's hand with your finger. "Well, I'm Joshua Hong, nice to meet you." The guy sitting on your right greeted, and he was dressed like a priest. "They know all about you, really. I talk about you all the time.." Wonwoo blushed, twiddling his thumbs. You smiled, sliding your hand into his. "Very cute, Jeon." Joshua grinned, and took out his phone. "You guys make a cute couple."


Seungcheol stopped and parked the car, and all of you got out. "Ready for this?" Wonwoo smiled. "Always ready, come on!" Wonwoo had brought you as his date to a carnival. He wanted to go see the haunted house, and you were excited to see what it looked like. He shook his head as you pulled him around, looking for the haunted house. After finding the haunted house, Wonwoo and you started lining up. The line wasn't too long, but it had a decent amount of people. "Oh, Hoshi, Woozi!" Two people directly infront turned around and smiled. "Wonwoo! This must be her, eh?" Hoshi nudged Wonwoo, and Woozi smirked evilly. Wonwoo nodded, pulling you closer to him. "This is her." He leaned down and whispered into your ear, "I know they're handsome."

"But you're not allowed to fall for them, okay? Only me."


After Woozi and Hoshi went in, you squeezed Wonwoo's hand. "This is so exciting. It's my first time going to a haunted house!" Wonwoo patted your head with his free hand, "I'm sure it'll be fun." Soon enough, you were both shoved into the entrance of the haunted house. "Wonwoo, this is so cool!" You walked around the room, looking at all the props. "Wonwoo?"

He was curled up in a ball in a corner, and you laughed. Running over to him, you pulled him up. "Come on, silly. I'll protect you." Smiling at him, you pulled him forward, deeper into the attraction. In more ways than one, really. He clung to you tightly, as you laughed at the scarers in their costumes. You navigated the maze inside, and finally managed to get out.

Wonwoo was awfully pale, and you held his hands in yours. "Hey, pancake. Are you okay? Let's go sit down." Leading him over to a bench, you sat him down and patted his back, as he buried his head in the crook of your neck. He sighed heavily, and mumbled out something. "I'm sorry, waffle. I got scared and didn't protect you." You pushed him upright and brushed his cheeks with your hands. "Look here, Jeon Wonwoo. It's okay. I think you're manly. You're a huge part of my life now, and I wouldn't replace you for anything."

Then he tackled you.


"Thanks for taking me on this date, Wonwoo. I had lots of fun together with you." You smiled, as you walked towards your house's porch. He smiled back, hugging you tightly. "Thank you for coming with me. And for protecting me." You laughed, and pulled him to the door. "You're welcome, pancake." "So, will you go on another date with me soon?"

"I'd love to."