A Good Life

Enlistment Drabbles

Rating/Warning : none

Pardon the lateness. Will try to catch up to all of my fics one by one.


Week 3 (Oct. 26th 2015)

 

 

A Good Life

 

Donghae was fond of Hyukjae. They had been going out for almost a year and he really liked the time they had spent together so far. Hyukjae was comfortable to be with. He was funny and always indulged Donghae’s childish whims. He rarely lost his temper, preferring to talk everything out like adults and avoided raising his voice even when he was annoyed. Donghae never saw Hyukjae got angry but he always saw Hyukjae with a smile on his lips. Donghae knew he was lucky to have Hyukjae and he planned on kept being lucky for years to come.

One morning, Donghae woke up alone in bed. He rolled over and found the other side of the bed devoid of Hyukjae. He pulled the other man’s pillow to him and inhaled. Hyukjae’s unique scent filled his lungs; it was an intoxicating mix of strawberry, sweat and Hyukjae.

He heard the clinking of glass and sat up in bed. The fragrance of cooked rice along with the smell of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the slightly opened bedroom door. Donghae got up and made his way to the bathroom.

The bathroom still smelled of Hyukjae’s strawberry scented shampoo and Donghae had a small smile on his face as he emptied his bladder. He brushed his teeth and washed his face. He had the day off so he foregone shower for later.

When Donghae walked out of the bedroom and into the dining room, Hyukjae had already set the newspaper and coffee on the table.

Then Donghae caught sight of Hyukjae.

The other man was standing in front of the stove, stirring a pot of boiling soup. He was wearing one of Donghae’s old shirt, the light blue with white stripes one. And he was wearing the pink frilly apron Donghae got him as a prank gift on Valentine. His almond eyes were soft and he had a serene smile on his plump lips.

The delicious smell of soup, fragrant white rice, rich coffee and the sunlight streaming though the kitchen’s windows painted a perfect picture of domesticity. And in the center of it all, stood Hyukjae.

And the love Donghae had for this man came rushing through him. It whispered in his ears, caressed his skin and embraced his heart. It filled his soul with sweet sweet emotions, brought tears of joy to his eyes and he trembled with the need to have Hyukjae in his arms.

His body moved without his conscious thought and Donghae found himself hugging the living daylights out of Hyukjae.

“I love you. I love you I love you I love you.” He chanted into the shell of Hyukjae’s ear.

If Hyukjae was surprised by the sudden hug and confession, he didn’t show it. He only put down the ladle and turned off the stove before he leaned back into Donghae’s strong chest.

“Hmm. I love you too.” He hummed as his hands came up to encircle Donghae’s neck.

And it was a good morning, a good day and a good life that Donghae and Hyukjae were living in.