Groceries

Enlistment Drabbles

Rating/Warning : none

 


 

Donghae stepped out of the shower and put on a blue shirt and a pair of washed out jeans. After making sure his hair wasn’t too messy, he grabbed his phone and wallet and strolled out of the house. He walked down the two blocks and entered the family market with a smile at the door greeter.

He pushed the cart, leisurely going through the aisles while his eyes perusing the goods on the shelves. He stopped now and then to grab the things he needed.

Shampoo, tooth paste, ah- the shower gel was 10% off.

Loaf of bread, a baguette, some apples and pears, he was torn between guava or lychee juice, but in the end he picked the pomegranates one. It was good to try out new taste.

There was a ‘Buy 1 Free 1!’ sign above the canned goods, so he decided to get 2 canned chicken and 2 canned tuna, studiously checking the expiration date before placing the cans on his cart. He could make tuna sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Tomatoes, potatoes, lettuce. What else? Oh, onions! He planned to make spaghetti for tonight’s dinner.

Too bad the meat section had no beef meat at the moment, only some chicken fillet and pork chops. Maybe he should get some shrimps instead, oglio e olio didn’t sound too bad.

He was queuing at the checkout counter when his phone beeped, signaling an oncoming message.

 

From: Hyuk <3

I’m gonna be home early today. Do you need me to pick up anything?

 

He typed a quick reply.

 

To: Hyuk <3

Can you get me some minced beef? I’m making spaghetti tonight but they’re out on the family market.

 

The reply came within a minute.

 

From: Hyuk <3

Sure. I’ll see you tonight. I love you.

 

Donghae smiled.

 

To: Hyuk <3

Thanks babe. I love you too.