Let me go

If you love me

I'm sorry, I wrote this in 10 minutes when I was super emotional.


6 words is all it took to break Jongdae's heart. Just 6 little words.

"Will you sing at my wedding?" Yixing asked him over the phone.

He had agreed numbly before he even realised what he had agreed to.

 

"Why did you do that?!" Minseok scolded him once he found out.

"I don't know." Jongdae said as he banged his head on the table.

"Stop that!"

"No!" he said stubbornly. "If I cause myself brain damage then I won't have to go and perform at his wedding."

Minseok got up and physically restrained Jongdae from trying to achieve that because the man actually sounded serious. "Why don't you just call and tell him you can't do it?"

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because I've never refused a request from him." he said quietly.

Minseok holds Jongdae and lets him cry into his sweater until he falls asleep.

 

They both fly out to China for the wedding. It seemed like Yixing had invited not only the previous EXO members but pretty much everybody in the kpop industry not to mention everyone he's ever worked with. It's a big wedding and Jongdae feels claustrophobic.

"I need air." He says to Minseok as he pulls at his tie. It's too tight and it's strangling him. He's 2 seconds away from ripping it off and burning it in one of the fancy flame torches Yixing and his bride has chosen as decorations.

"It's an outdoor wedding." Minseok points out.

"I don't care, I need more air!" Jongdae practically screams at Minseok, forgetting that there are other people in the near vicinity and certainly forgetting that Minseok is older than him.

"Jongdae! Minseok hyung!" Yixing calls out to them.

He walks towards them with a beautiful woman in tow. Jongdae looks at her and he dies a little bit inside. She's everything he's not. She's skinny but with curves in just the right places with pale glowing skin, soft lips, shy eyes, quiet and demure presence.

As if sensing his dongsaeng's spiral into despair, Minseok pinches him hard enough to be brought back to the present.

"I'm so glad you could make it." Yixing says.

And he really does seem happy to see them. Jongdae's heart clenches at the appearance of the dimples and clenches a little more when the dimples become deeper when Yixing glances at his bride. Yixing's introducing her to them but Jongdae couldn't care less. He's just staring at Yixing with his beautiful black hair styled up, that tuxedo that fits him like a second skin, his accented Korean and the way his presence fills that hole in Jongdae's heart that he didn't know he had.

"She's a singer too." Yixing says.

Jongdae's never been conceited about his singing abilities but jealousy is an ugly thing. He is a 100% sure that she will never be able to match his singing abilities. Then he begins to wonder if she's the one that's singing on Yixing's demos now. Or helping him write lyrics. Or offering him support when the right melodies aren't coming to Xing. Or forcefully dragging him away from his laptop so he gets enough rest. Or offering suggestions on what to add or to take away to make the perfect song.

Thank God for Minseok because he manages to stop Jongdae before he throws himself on the bride and causes chaos. Instead he makes Jongdae bow to the newlyweds and offer them congratulations.

"I need a drink." he says once Yixing and his bride walk off.

Minseok doesn't protest or point out that he's already had 7 glasses of champagne. Instead he keeps sober so that there'll be someone to stop Jongdae from causing trouble at the wedding and to drive him back to the hotel.

 

He's pretty smashed, he's not sure how many glasses he's had now but he knows he can't stand straight without aid.

"He never told Yixing, did he?" Luhan asks Minseok.

Minseok shakes his head. "Yixing doesn't like men, he didn't want to make it awkward between them."

"Poor Jongdae."

A coordinator comes over soon to inform Jongdae that he is to sing in 10 minutes.

"He can barely stand, how is he going to sing?" Yifan asked.

"I can sing!!! I can sing better than she ever will sing a song!!!! All the songs!!" Jongdae yells.

"He'll be fine, we'll just hold him up, don't underestimate Jongdae." Minseok says.

"I can't believe you let him get this drunk."

"Hey! The love of his life is marrying someone else because Jongdae doesn't have the right plumbing downstairs, don't lie you'd be this drunk too Yifan, Kevin, Kris, whatever you're calling yourself now a days."

 

Minseok stands to Jongdae's right, Luhan to his left and Yifan behind him so that they can all support Jongdae. Zitao stands with them too just to complete the whole set. Everyone thinks it's adorable but only a handful of people understand the turmoil Jongdae's in.

Jongdae's grips the mic, stares at Yixing and confesses. Confesses to him how much he loves him, how much he needs him and how much he misses him. He confesses that he's been in love with him all this time and how much it hurts that Yixing doesn't reciprocate his love. He confesses that he hates the idea of him marrying someone that isn't him, to a start a family with someone that isn't him and to grow old with someone that isn't him. He confesses though song and there isn't a dry eye in the house when he's finished. Everyone claps at the beautiful love song and only a handful of people clap because Jongdae finally found the courage to confess his feelings to Yixing.

"That was a really beautiful song Jongdae, thank you." Yixing says earnestly. "And thanks for the backing vocals Lu ge, Fan ge, Umin hyung and Taozi."

"Of course hyung, I love you." Jongdae sways towards Yixing but Minseok holds him back.

"I love you guys too." He replies before leaving Jongdae and the rest.

"But not the way I love you." Jongdae whispers after him. "Take me home Minseok hyung please."

 

Jongdae throws himself into his work and his company is pleased. He does multiple movies, dramas and musicals and even releases 2 albums in one year. His friends and family are concerned but he can't bring himself to stop.

One day he receives a message from Yixing. Attached is a picture of him and his newborn daughter. Yixing's eyes are so full of love and happiness. Jongdae puts the phone down and decides that it's probably time to move on. If you love someone, you should let them go.