Coats and Calls

Love Mail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II. Coats and Calls

 

It wasn't even half-past six before Kyungsoo was stationed outside Kai's unit, arms shivering at the horribly cool wind whispering at him. He pulls Chanyeol's windbreaker closer to him and dissolves inside it. 

 

Kyungsoo wandered outside Kai's unit, trying to keep warm by moving around. He had no choice other than waiting till 7, the usual delivery time slot after seeing that nobody came to answer the door. 

 

It was really cold, not forgetting the fact that Kyungsoo misplaced his coat during lunch, causing him to suffer from the cold weather. However, Kyungsoo would've been colder without Chanyeol's windbreaker that surrounded his body, radiating warmth.

 

 

 

Baekhyun sat beside Kyungsoo in the study hall with Chanyeol seated at the back of the two.

 

"Remind me how you're going to Gangnam-Do later?" Baekhyun whispered, with his hand supporting his head in a sarcastically thinking position. Kyungsoo had his head hung low, remembering his awful mistake misplacing his coat. He could only walk to Gangnam-Do as buses were unable to pass through expensive districts. "I can send you!" Chanyeol's voice chirped from behind the two. Baekhyun eyes widened at his words before getting several shushes from the surrounding students, only to return to his worksheets. Kyungsoo, however, only glared at Chanyeol's seemingly stupid idea before turning his back to Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol owns an Audi R8 Couper in jet black, definitely a flashy car but he bought it with his 2 weeks worth of pocket money because Kyungsoo was raving over it the other day in class. He remembered how Kyungsoo exclaimed dreamily while pointing at the magazine cover, "Baek! That's the R8 that has been appearing on televisions and almost everywhere! It's my dream car, you know." It was safe to say that Chanyeol would do anything to get Kyungsoo's attention, even buying a car. 

 

It'll definitely be Chanyeol's pleasure to assist in Kyungsoo's situation. Being Chanyeol, he harassed Kyungsoo for the subsequent classes before getting a black eye, admitting to defeat. And still, egoistical Kyungsoo didn't want to accept Chanyeol's help. It was during Math class when Chanyeol stealthily slid his windbreaker into Kyungsoo's bag when he left for the toilet. Even knowing that Chanyeol was immensely afraid of being cold, he was still willing to give his only source of warmth to Kyungsoo. And that was how much Chanyeol liked Kyungsoo. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo's stood outside Kai's apartment with his parcel in his arms. He tried reaching for the doorbell a couple of times only to retract his hands diffidently. In short, Kyungsoo's obsession with Kim Kai was bringing him unnecessary emotions. Kyungsoo was never afraid of anything, he recalled the time his psychotic Kindergarten classmate who fished out a chopper from his bag and then reaching to position the chopper around Kyungsoo's neck. Panic engulfed the poor teacher as her feet was rooted to the ground. Kyungsoo obviously weren't the least shaken as he quickly took charge of the situation by grabbing the kindergarten boy's arm gingerly as he courageously turned around to twist his arm. The chopper fell on the floor with a loud clatter. He also remembered how anxious Chanyeol was when he reentered the classroom as he saw the chopper on the floor. Chanyeol was smaller than Kyungsoo back then, a little fat too. The clumsy Chanyeol dropped his favorite robot only to rush to Kyungsoo's side to question the situation. Recalling these fond memories, Kyungsoo chuckled a little eerily with his shoulders propping up at every chuckle.  

 

"It must be so cold! Get in, quick!"

 

Kyungsoo was hastily shoved into Kai's house by an old lady which he assumed was Kai's mother. Kyungsoo was indeed standing awkwardly outside the lady's house, laughing like there was no tomorrow at nothing, holding a box that may seem like a bomb. Anyone would've freaked out at such a sight right? But why was this lady inviting him into her house? 

 

Kyungsoo sat uncomfortably on the couch, hands tucked under his thighs, letting out sighs of cold breath vapors. It wasn't an everyday thing that Kyungsoo would be led into the recipients' houses. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter