Labels and Letters

Love Mail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I. Labels and Letters

 

Kyungsoo loaded the crate of parcels onto his bicycle before cycling to his destinations.

 

It was the third house down the lane that made Kyungsoo's spine jolt. He was starting to recognize the white window grills and the small bell that sat above the metallic gate. It wasn't a surprise, though, he practically came every day, without fail. Sometimes, he would even arrive earlier than the usual delivery time, leaving time for himself to loiter outside the house, ridiculous questions filling his mind. Would this house be excruciating tidy or appalling unkempt?

 

It was then Kyungsoo brought his stiff hands to graze over the button on the speaker and rang the doorbell. 

 

"Yes?"

"Mail!"

"Ah, I'll be right out!"

 

*

 

"Soo-yah!" Arms were wrapped around his neck with screams of a certain human being that practically walks on clouds and rainbows, not forgetting his cologne that smelt like Baby Johnsons — Byun Baekhyun. Kyungsoo struggled a little, definitely unable to balance, before harshly stepping on the latter's foot and removing the arms around him. Baekhyun stepped away, pouting.

 

"Soo, so have you started a conversation with Mister Parcel?"

 

"I spoke to him—"

 

"Yeah, yeah." Baekhyun mocked as he plunged his hands into the pockets of his summer uniform. "Over his house's speaker, that is." Indeed. Kyungsoo exhaled.

 

"Hey you're even on the verge of rejecting Chanyeol for a guy you've never talked to, Soo, did you not scrub your scalp when you're in the shower?"

 

"I d—"

 

"Oh no, you don't! There's definitely leeches my dear Kyungsoo's brain cells!" Baekhyun mimicked a dying whale, with his hands reaching for Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo scoffed irritably at his partner's horrible exaggeration. "Well then, much to your disappointment, I, Kyungsoo, actually do scrub my scalp in the shower."

 

"A-ah, see! Scrubbing away all the nutrients that have yet to reach your brain!"

 

"Ting Ting!" This time, Kyungsoo mimicked the mail room's bell. "Ah, isn't that the 'off work' bell?" He really didn't see the need to always bicker with Baekhyun, he'll always find the most unarguable statements and the bickerings are of utter ridic. Kyungsoo walked towards his seat and grabbed his backpack to throw it carelessly over his shoulder. "Adios!"

 

*

 

Right now, Kyungsoo was reaching a pivotal point of desperation with his thirst for attention, attention from the bronzed male. It was driving him insane, every part of him dies to talk to him, but Kyungsoo's emotions was a wrecker.

 

Kyungsoo's hands were gripping tightly onto the floral decorated parcel, Kim Kai, the parcel's label read. Seconds before Kai came to the door, Kyungsoo made sure to his fingers then running them through his hair. He was ready. 

 

"Hey," Both boys greeted in unison before cracking into trails of laughter.

 

Silence followed.

 

"A-ah, so here's your parcel!" 

 

"Thanks..." Kai trailed his words with a long drag, trying to get the mail boy's name. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter