The silent treatment!

It is never-ending

Kyuhyun’s P.O.V

 

An assortment of food items ranging from starters to main courses greeted us when we made our entrance into the small yet dainty outlet. Many people had already come for their meals with their families and friends.

 

I could tell with the look on their faces that they were surprised and shocked beyond words upon seeing us in the flesh and were more than excited for the live broadcast that was about to happen in a couple of minutes on account of our 10th anniversary comeback. A mukbang of sorts. Now that was something suggested by our very own resident funny man a.k.a Choi Siwon.

 

Oh how I had wished to be a part of one since childhood! And I have my boyfriend to thank for that. Not that I was gonna admit that out loud. Oh no..no..no…

 

Let me see how far this little silent treatment goes before I have him on his knees. Sadistic, I know. Because it was time for me to dust off and don my ‘evil maknae’ cloak again.

 

Maybe it’ll teach him a thing or two about cancelling our date, not once or twice but a whole bunch of it just ‘coz of his stupid drama shoot.

 

Now its not often that I play the ever understanding better half. But this situation was stretching out way too thin. I couldn’t remember the last time we went out or had one of our heart-to-heart talks while cuddling in bed. Thinking of how he’d been taking our personal time for granted fills me up with such irrational rage. Especially when there was so little time left before his enlistment.

 

Without further ado, we proceeded to take our seats. I saw a tall shadow hovering above me as I took mine. He had a distant forlorn look in his eyes.

 

Oh no mister! That aint working on me anymore!

 

“Oh uh Siwon-ah I wanna sit next to Kyu if u don’t mind!” said a rather jumpy Donghae.

 

Even the heavens are on my side today! Thanks Donghae-hyung, you’re indeed my favorite after all!

 

As I mentally prepared myself to thank Donghae for this gesture later, I could see Siwon’s eyes literally spewing out tiny little embers. Ooh! This is working. Now all it needed was some fuel.

 

“Of course not Donghae-hyung. Come take your seat!” I chirped at him. I could almost hear Siwon’s seething. He clearly wasn’t enjoying this little cat and mouse game I got going here. Well the ball was in his court now. Lets see how hard a nut he was to crack before we were through with this broadcast.

 

“Ah! Giving him the classic silent treatment huh! Great going Kyuhyun-ah!” Donghae cheered me on.

 

“Has it ever worked for you?” I asked him. It was weird even for me to believe that Donghae, who can’t stay put in one spot for more than 5 seconds, who cant live without Hyukjae could actually accomplish such a feat.

 

“Has it ever worked? You ask! Hyukjae’s a putty when it comes to my silent treatment!” Donghae said as he sipped his mojito and made an awful expression.

 

“Whoa this is terrible!” he exclaimed.

 

What a wuss!

 

“Well there’s something I didn’t know about Hyukjae!” I said as I kept the conversation going hoping to get some advice from Donghae. Now that I think about it I never knew in all my life that the day would come when I would be sitting listening to Donghae’s advice.

 

“Hmm. As a matter of fact, we’re currently in the middle of one as we speak!” he said.

 

Well that explains why he switched seats with Siwon!

 

“So care to tell me whats the real deal between you and horsie?” he prodded. So I told him the entire story behind our silent warfare.

 

“Oh so that’s what’s happened! Hey what do you say we both strike a deal!?” Donghae asked. Now that piqued my interest.

 

“Why don’t we both help each other out? Judging by Siwon’s pathetic looking face, I’d say you’re on the right track.” Donghae said. For once in life I admit that he was making some sense.

 

“What exactly do you have in mind?” I asked out of curiosity.

 

“Well you don’t mind a little…um…touching do you?” he said while his hand gripped my shoulder firmly. I stared nervously in Siwon’s direction. And boy! If looks could kill, Donghae would have been to hell and back a thousand times already.

 

Oh yeah! I am most definitely on the right track!

 

“Show me your worst hyung!” I smiled and noticed a mischievous glint in Donghae’s eyes as he locked his gaze at Hyukjae. Meanwhile Hyukjae was keeping himself preoccupied by talking to Teukie-hyung animatedly. And now it was time to execute our plan.

 

“This is for all those poor defenseless ukes who have had to put up with their seme’s ty behavior. Lets show the world our real power!” he sounded dramatic and a little over the top.

 

“Umm….you do realize that just because you use that tone doesn’t necessarily make it any less self deprecatory.” I dead-panned at my pumped up hyung.

 

“Tut..tut…..tut….Let me have my moment here. Anyway lets seal the deal!”He said while he raised his glass of mojito up for a toast.

 

Without further ado, I clanked my glass against it and took a sip.

 

“Bleh! You’re right. This tastes like pesticide!”I expressed dramatically as my favorite hyung winked in response.

 

Within a few minutes, the broadcast was underway. The whole premise became noisy with people chattering away, bowls and plates clanking, cat-calls, wolf-whistling and what not. Siwon’s body language suggested that he was genuinely desperately trying to wean me off of this silent treatment and for a moment I felt sorry for him for putting him through this.

 

Well you asked for it buddy!

 

He was in fact, trying every rule in the book to woo me all along the broadcast. Anymore and he’d be making it obvious for our viewers. You know there are times when you just absolutely adore the attention your boyfriend gives you and there are times when it gets borderline creepy and over-bearing. Well..he was getting there!

 

For a moment we both looked at each other while he was painstakingly cutting bite sized pieces of meat and placing it on the hot grill and serving it to me afterwards. If he would have given me half as much attention last week things wouldn’t have gotten this far.

 

I could feel a chip on my resolve and quickly regained my cold and brutal avatar.

 

Things were going smoothly when Heechul suddenly mentioned Donghae’s muscles. Donghae whispered into my ears.

 

“Feel me up Kyuhyun-ah” Oh! I got his drift.

 

“Whew! Donghae hyung! I don’t think anyone has a perfect body as you do!” I shocked myself with how fake my voice sounded. It sounded even more disgusting than that repulsive glass of green liquid I guzzled by mistake a few minutes ago. It literally made my gut wrench.

 

I know I said that out loud but really who could rival Siwon’s rippling pecs and rock hard six packs. But of course it was just my “Siwon” starved system tempting me in a sinful way.

 

Meanwhile Hyukjae was staring daggers at me. Oh! The monkey’s finally getting there! Now that I think about it I completely forgot to ask the reason why Donghae was giving him the silent treatment in the first place!

 

But as I was about to ask him about it, I felt something creep up my leg. My breath hitched as I bent down and saw Siwon’s leg rubbing my calf.

 

Talk about desperate. He was suffering and he was suffering big time. He wordlessly pleaded with his eyes and I nodded in disagreement and firmly stomped at his feet. He yelped and banged his leg against the table.

 

“Are you ok Siwon?” Teukie-hyung asked from across the table.

 

“Y..ya…Just smashed a bug.” He weakly said as he caressed his aching foot.

 

The next session of the broadcast had the members voice out their grievances, if there were any against any of the other members. I particularly had one fresh memory about Yesung hyung being a total jerk. It was not often he did that to me but sometimes he is quite thick-headed and doesn’t realize that he hurts people. Unintentionally of course.

 

As I dramatically narrated the story with the most pathetic looking expression on my face, I visibly saw Yesung-hyung’s eyes mellowing down. Immediately everyone came to my aid, patting my back, ruffling my hair. Siwon even held my hand and it could have gone unnoticed if it wasn’t for Donghae hyung pointing it out. And then the most awkward thing happened for which I could have smacked the daylights out of Donghae.

 

He held my hand close to his chest and kissed it a couple times. Hyukjae was seething beyond imagination. I’d always envisioned him to be a composed person. Who would’ve thought even he could be riled up. Donghae just knew where and how to push his buttons.

 

As this drama subsided, I looked around for Siwon but he was nowhere to be found.

 

“*cough* Restroom.” Donghae added. I looked at him as he urged me to get the hell out of there.

 

“Its time to put him out of his misery!” He said and patted my back. And I intended to do just that.

 

The restroom door creaked and the sound reverberated off the walls as Siwon leaned onto the wash basin with much effect. Damn! How does everything that he does end up like in a movie!?

 

“Well you won. Congratulations. You’ve decimated your opponent just like that!” He snapped his fingers and looked at me, standing tall with his hands on his slim waist. For once I resisted the urge to run and jump into his welcoming arms. Here he was, my stud-muffin in all his glory with his gelled up hair gleaming in the dim restroom lighting.

 

I stayed silent. Just looking at him.

 

“Donghae was all over you and you didn’t stop him. I play footsie and I get clobbered!” he said in a weak defeated tone. And it ached me all over.

 

“I said I was sorry. I tried hard to reschedule my shoot, but the producer just wouldn’t ing listen to me! What more could I do?”He said and I was still putting up my defiant façade, letting him pour his frustrations out without interruption. Siwon wasn’t the swearing type to the point he makes faces when I swear in public. Listening to him swear, I knew he’d been hurt where it hurt him the most.

 

“You big idiot!”my walls came crumbling down as I leapt forward and kissed him square on the lips. His strong arms held me by my waist as he reciprocated after a moment’s hesitation.

 

God I missed this!

 

His rough calloused hands ran up and down my back till one of them settled at the small of my back and the other one got tangled in my hair.

 

His cologne. His minty-fresh breath. The after-shave. It took me to another world, a world where we both were the only ones who existed.

 

I reluctantly pried my lips off his as he set me down on the floor. Wait! He actually lifted me off the ground? When did that happen?

 

“I missed you so ing much!” he said as both our foreheads touched.

 

“Swearing doesn’t suit you! So just drop it if you’re doing it to look cool!”I said and giggled at his childish behavior.

 

“How about we ditch this broadcast and head home! You’ve got some making up to do after what you put me through for the past week!” he said and lifted me again in his arms as I squeaked. A girly squeak! I mentally face-palmed at my apparent unmanly gesture.

 

“Oh I can hardly wait lover! But the broadcast is almost over so just hold it down for a while longer!” I winked at him as he shamelessly gawked at me.

 

“Oh and Donghae hyung and I were just acting. He said he’d help me out with this if I helped him in return.” I confessed.

 

“Oh really?” Siwon said.

 

After our little escapade in the restroom, we got back and joined the others at the table as the broadcast reached its final leg.

 

“Say that was a rather long bathroom break!” Donghae teased me.

 

“You know I would’ve driven my fist into your face for that jibe if it wasn’t for that pretty face. And the fact that you’re my favorite hyung!” I said and took my seat.

 

From across the table, Siwon smiled and blew a kiss in my direction. It did certain things to my system. Beautiful things!

 

“Soooo I assume things are back to normal!” Donghae said.

 

“Yup.” I agreed.

 

“So you guys are doing it tonight?” he asked again.

 

“Oh yeah!” I replied. Donghae and I shared the same wavelength when it came to things -wise.

 

“Hyung I forgot to ask you the reason why you were fighting with Hyukjae-hyung in the first place!” I asked him.

 

“Oh he just got KO-ed before he blew me when we were doing ‘it’ last night!” he said with such normalcy in his voice.

 

“Th…that’s it?” I felt utterly scandalized. I cant believe I had to put up with all his touchy-feely drama just for this.

 

“What do you mean ‘that’s it’? As a responsible seme you’re supposed to attend to your uke’s whims and fancies without question. He just got what he deserved!” Donghae said and bit into the last piece of meat on his plate.

 

“You’re petty hyung. With a capital P!” I exclaimed before the program drew to a close.

 

 


 

A/N:

Ola! My babies! How have you all been?

Long time huh!

Well a lot has happened since the last time I updated!

I just got caught between a rock and a hard place guys and I’m deeply sorry for this unannounced hiatus!

Completed my training in Cognizant Technology solutions and now I am officially employed. Whoopie!

Finally had time for myself after a crazy 5 months. So yeah! This piece just had to be revived before it rotted away in my PC.

Its my hilarious take on Wonkyu’s interaction all throughout their mukbang after their comeback with “Devil”!

I just hope you guys like it! Please give it loads and love. And by love I mean commenting on my latest update!

See you soon with another fresh update! Till then stay tuned!

Have a nice day everyone!