Thirteen

Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob watched from behind the throngs of dancing people, with only his eyes and fringe visible if people were to look at him. His palms were slightly moist, out of nervousness perhaps. Many students passed by him, saying hello to him in the process, but he didn't react as his eyes and mind were focused at only two students that were a distance away. 


 


 

He had arrived at the ball late as his parents were insistent that he was completely fine before he was being granted his few hours out of the hospital. They were glued to him after he woke up from the surgery and he barely had some private time together with Junhyung, much less Doojoon and Hyunseung. They were even more persistent to send him to the ball and watch him enter the ballroom before they finally left. 


 


 

Giving a little sigh, he watched the exchange between the two students he had been fixated on for the past few minutes. They didn't even noticed he was there. 


 


 

"Yoseob oppa?"


 


 

"Gayoon!"


 


 

"Oh gosh, you're fine! Thank goodness! I missed you so much!" The brown eyed girl hugged him tightly, her eyes turning slightly wet due to the relief and happiness. News of Yoseob's successful operation had spread the moment Doojoon and Hyunseung returned to school after the smaller male had woken up a week later but nobody saw him and everybody had missed him dearly. 


 


 

"Good to know someone still do..." The smaller male whispered softly, a tad bitterly in fact. However, Gayoon didn't catch his words but was invited to a dance by her crush which Yoseob readily pushed her away for when she looked torn between catching up with him or dancing with her crush. 


 


 

He wandered off to the drinks section and stared at the whole array of sweet drinks available. Doctor Leo had stated that he was allowed to have a cup or two so he tentatively reached for one and took a slow sip. 


 


 

"Indulging already, Seobie?"


 


 

"Doojoonie!"


 


 

"Mr and Mrs Yang are hiding somewhere, watching you, right?" The cat eyed male's eyes darted around suddenly, as if in search of the sticky parents.


 


 

Yoseob giggled and shook his head, "they finally let me go, for a little while." 


 


 

"Great", Doojoon took two steps forward and pulled Yoseob into a tight embrace, "I've never really had the time to tell you how grateful I am that the operation was success! You really did us proud! Although that one week of coma you did wasn't funny at all."

 



 

"It wasn't like I chose to be in a coma", Yoseob pouted. "Doctor Leo said that the induced coma was necessary for my body to slowly get used to the new valve." 



 

 

Ruffling his head and pulling him away, hands still resting on his shoulders, Doojoon grinned, "of course. Anyway, why aren't you with Junhyung? You've been awake for two weeks but because of your parents and him planning this ball, you two barely met right!"

 

 

Yoseob gave a little smile while half-heartedly pointing to his back and Doojoon frowned as he saw how forced it was. "He's over there with Kikwang. They seem to be chatting happily so I didn't want to disturb them. Where's Seungie by the way?"



 

 

The cat eyed male furrowed his brows, "He's super late for I don't know what reason but I don't care. Let's stick to the focus point. You're jealous, aren't you?"

 

 



"How could I ever have the right to be? I mean... I don't know. Doojoonie... Maybe all these while, it really was just pity. Maybe I shouldn't have recovered..."



 

 

"I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you again. Do you not remember how he tried to convince you to do the surgery and the way he poured his soul out to Dongwoon? Even me, the most heartless of us three, was touched by him! How could you ever doubt his feelings?"

 



 

"Doojoonie, you don't know him. He's such a nice nice nice guy. He's so kind and sweet... And he will do anything for anyone. So I wouldn't be surprised if he... He was with me just because... I... I don't know... Kikwang is his ideal type..." Yoseob broke off sadly as he took another sip of his drink. Gosh, it was so damn sickeningly sweet. 

 

 



"Seobie, you have to... Oh never mind. He's coming over."

 



 

"Oh no no no, Doojoonie no, I can't face him. I don't know what to say to him." Yoseob stuttered as he saw Junhyung walking quickly over to them. He scrambled and hid behind Doojoon's back, holding on to his best friend's shirt, using him as a shield.



 

 

"Yoseob?" The taller male asked, the look of confusion shining on his face. "Why are you hiding behind Doojoon? When did you arrive? Why didn't you tell me? I told you to call me once you're here, I've been waiting."

 

 



"This boy here saw you and Kikwang talking to one another and was getting all jealous and insecure." 



 

 

Yoseob pinched Doojoon's arm angrily, upset that he was being exposed so easily. "I wasn't! I was just thirsty so I came to get a drink first."



 

 

A hurt look flashed across Junhyung's face as he sighed and silently gestured for Doojoon to leave the two alone. Yoseob stood on his feet, fiddling with his fingers nervously as Junhyung stared hard at him. There was no Doojoon to hide him from Junhyung anymore. 

 

 



"Is it true?"

 



 

"Hmmm?"

 



 

"That you were jealous and insecure?"

 

 



The smaller male started drawing circles on the floor with his right toe, "maybe."

 

 



Junhyung gave a little whine of frustration which Yoseob found really cute but in such a situation, chose to keep quiet and not talk about that yet. The taller male wrapped his fingers around his wrists and pulled him close, fastening Yoseob's arms around his own waist. The smaller male blushed, aware of the stares they were getting, but allowed his arms to remain where Junhyung had placed them, hugging the taller male. 

 



 

One of Junhyung's hands was around Yoseob's shoulder, pressing the petite male close to him, while the other was cupping his tinted pink cheek. "The surgery was for your heart wasn't it? Why did they remove your brain then?"

 

 



"What?"



 

 

"You have such silly and ridiculous thoughts that I'm pretty sure they took away your brain, making you unable to think." 

 



 

Yoseob pouted before slamming his face into Junhyung's chest, "it's your fault. Who told you to be flirting with Kikwang while you should be waiting for your boyfriend's arrival?"

 



 

The taller male placed his chin on the soft bed of hair under it, "I wasn't flirting. In fact, I was receiving a lecture from him. He was telling me how I should have picked you up from the hospital no matter how your parents insisted because that's how balls usually works. I told him that your parents should have picked me up too then as a joke and boy did he rage. My ears are still ringing from all that lecturing."

 



 

Junhyung felt a slight tremor on his chest and the next moment, a pair of amused dark orbs were staring up at him, "you completely deserved it. Kikwang, Doojoonie and Seungie will always be on my side, just you remember that."



 

 

"I object. Do you not remember how Doojoon just told me about your silly jealousy just moments ago?"

 



 

"He will suffer for that, I swear."

 

 



Junhyung laughed as the smaller male growled angrily. What usually sounded threatening and fierce when done by others merely sounded like a puppy barking softy. His heart swelled at the little one being so adorable and he rubbed his nose against his button nose lovingly. "even when you are being this feisty, you instill no fear."

 

 



In mocked outrage, Yoseob narrowed his eyes at the taller male, "you are taking care of Silva on your own. I hope she bites all your stuff and bites you everywhere."

 



 

"I'll leave the biting of my body to you", Junhyung winked cheekily at Yoseob as the smaller male flushed a crimson red immediately at his words. The taller male chuckled, letting his laughter die down before tightening his hold of him, whispering seriously "I've missed you." 

 

 



"So have I..."

 



 

"Have I told you how thankful I am about you making through such a tough and long surgery?"

 

 



"Yeah you did, the moment I opened my eyes. My parents had to shovel you away to have some time with me. It probably is because you were all over me when I woke up that they latched themselves to me for the past two weeks. It was unfair for their son to see someone else other than them first when their son had just finished a surgery."

 

 



Junhyung smiled into Yoseob's hair, "I did feel bad about that but I couldn't help it. Anyway, they had you for the past two weeks and because of school and your limited visiting hours, I'm sorry I couldn't spend much time with you. Did that made you feel insecure?"

 



 

"Maybe..." Yoseob hummed into Junhyung's neck, "I was expecting to see more of you after the surgery."

 

 



"I know, I wanted to see more of you too. But the ball, you know I'm planning it for you. I want it to be perfect for you."

 



 

The smaller male peeped over his boyfriend's shoulders and grinned toothily as he took in the sight of whole ballroom properly for the first time that night, "and it is perfect. It's so beautiful!"

 

 



"You are beautiful", Junhyung whispered huskily into Yoseob's ears before gently pulling him to the dance floor. Right at that moment, a melodious piano piece played and Junhyung's voice filled the whole ballroom.

 

 



'Do I love you because you're beautiful,
Or are yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter