1/1

paint

wow wow prepare for the overused word "cute"

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh.”

 

Baekhyun panicked. He was was just minding his own business, perched on the top step of a steel stepping ladder and a table right by it with a bucket of light blue, specifically Alice Blue, paint on top.

He was painting the art room since the art teacher asked if he could do him the favor of painting the art room after school, and Baekhyun, being the teacher's pet that he was, decided to accept “for the fun of it”, and, of course, because there wouldn’t be anybody there, because it was spring, and at Kure High School during this season, nobody stays after school, even teachers (unless they just procrastinated and/or forgot to set up something for the next day).

 

For that exact reason, Baekhyun was bewildered because he just spilled unwashable paint on some student.

 

“WhoAh okay are you okay, are you okay?” Baekhyun poured out, flustered, putting emphasis on the A of ‘whoah’ since it was one of his habits.

 

Baekhyun looked at the student, who now was dripping in paint. He decided that he was kind of cute, even though he had paint all over him. Forget that, he was cuter with the paint on him (even if Baekhyun’s never seen the boy before). The cute boy had fluffy brown hair, so fluffy that it gave Baekhyun the urge to ruffle it and caused him to smile a bit.

 

“Oh. Yeah, that’s okay!” The student replied, snapping Baekhyun out of his gaze at him. “Um, if you don’t mind me asking, what’s your name?”

 

Baekhyun was hugely surprised, since nobody asked for his name, much less be friends with him. He mentally slapped himself, because of course the poor student isn’t trying to befriend him.

 

Baekhyun, you know he’s just asking for your name, it could be to.. threaten you to pay for his clothes! Or.. befri- No Baekhyun, we already went over this-

 

Unfortunately for Baekhyun, his face gave away his internal conflict and the student that was still standing there dripping in paint, cracked a smile because Baekhyun just looked oh-so-cute.

 

“Hey, my name’s Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol. It’s nice to meet you, even if you haven’t told me your name and stuff,” the student said to Baekhyun, who yet again, snapped out of his gaze, but this time, flushed a little in his cheeks.

 

“My name’s Byun Baekhyun! I’m sorry that I spilled paint on your clothes, it’s not washable, that didn’T mEan to come out I’m sorry wait are you new no wonder you asked for my name I see I see do I have to buy clothes for you or or or like pay for them at least oh my god I’m still sorry you’re cute though did you know that RIGHT BYE!” Baekhyun shouted the last two words and ran out the door, but not long after coming back, throwing a wad of 20,000 won on the floor, and saying another string of apologies while running out of the door again.

 

“Wait, did he just call me cute?” Chanyeol asked to himself out loud, his smiling gradually getting larger (than it already was with Baekhyun rushing out all that word vomit that wasn’t word vomit to him and just really adorable).

 

“NO!” came a shout from the hallway, then footsteps going away to the parking lot.

 

asoicndhbv. How did he hear that oh goodness what a cutie pie, Chanyeol thought to himself, fidgeting internally.

 

Byun Baekhyun! A cute name to match a cute guy. I’ll have to remember that if I’m going to be friends with him! Yaay, my first friend in this school!

 

Chanyeol then realized,

 

“But what about the walls being painted?”