Four

Rush

">

Wonho was sitting on the couch watching television when someone started pounding on his door which startled him out of his trance. He stood up and scratched his stomach as he made his was over to the door with the person continuously banging on the door relentlessly.

“Chill out!” Wonho called out, completely annoyed by this person and he was praying it was one of his friends because otherwise he might just have to punch them in the face. He flung open the door and saw I.M standing there, panting and with a crazed look in his eyes. His friend pushed past him and forcefully entered his apartment. “Yo Changkyun, what’s wrong?” Wonho asked as he saw his friend storm into his living room and throw all of the garbage that was piled on the table, onto his semi-clean floor. “What’s your issue?! Are you high or something?” Wonho was starting to get angry and was seconds away from forcibly removing I.M from his apartment.

“Where are your car keys?” I.M asked with a shaking voice. Wonho just pointed to the entertainment system and I.M went over to and pulled some car keys from an empty mug that was sitting on it. I.M then went over to Wonho and forced the keys into his hands. “Get your shoes on.” He then walked back out leaving a trail of destruction in his path. Wonho stepped out onto the hallway still confused as he watched I.M go over to the elevator and impatiently hit the call button.

“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what the Hell is going on with you.” Wonho said and I.M just continued to stare at the closed doors.

“They took her.” I.M said while sniffling to hold back the tears that have been trying to force their way past his eyes. Ever since he heard Borah’s scream that’s all he could hear. Over and over again all he could hear was her calling out for him and there was nothing he could do to help.

“Her? Her Who?” Wonho could tell something serious was happening but he was in such a daze since I.M’s dramatic entrance that he couldn’t keep all of his thoughts in a straight line.

“Borah! iKon took Borah and they are taking her to the Han River!” I.M yelled at him, not caring that everyone else living on that floor must have been furious about the loud noises. Wonho didn’t hesitant and stormed back into his apartment where the door slammed behind him. I.M sighed and looked at the elevator as the doors opened in front of him. He stepped inside and hung his head in defeat. Lately he had been acting like a jerk but he didn’t think it was bad enough that he friends would abandon him. Before the doors to the elevator could close, a hand shot out and forced them open again. Wonho slid past the doors in a jacket and had his shoes on while twirling his key keys around his finger.

“Let’s go kick some .” Wonho had a giant, child-like smile on his face as they rode the elevator down to the underground garage. While the climbed into Wonho’s car, they called up the other guys and told them to meet them down at the Han River. Twenty minutes later they arrived in a parking lot with only two other cars which they were sure was iKon’s because they recognised them from the many times they drove around their neighbourhood. Shownu, Hyungwon and Kihyun were the next ones to show up in one of Shownu’s cars and then they angrily stood around.

“I can’t wait anymore.” I.M complained as he grew frustrated that two of his friends weren’t showing up.

“Here they come.” Shownu pointed off into the darkness of the night. They saw Jooheon peddling on a bike with Minhyuk standing on the back pegs. Kihyun let out a little chuckle when he saw the two boys slowly coming towards them.

“A bike? Really?” Wonho asked as they came to a stop. Minhyuk casually jumped off this Jooheon was panting and mumbling like a crazy person about how exhausted he was. Without giving him time to recover, I.M stormed away with his hyungs close behind him. It took them five minutes to find iKon who were drinking beers and hanging out on a low wall by the walking path. As they approached I.M realised that Borah was nowhere in sight.

“They finally showed up!” Chanwoo called out excitedly and B.I looked over at them with a goof smile on his face.

“It’s good to see you guys. What brings you to our neck of the woods?” B.I stood up and approached them. Jooheon held I.M back as Shownu stepped forward to talk to iKon’s leader.

“Where’s Borah?” He coldly asked and B.I smacked his hand onto his shoulder like they were good friends.

“Sit down. Have a drink with us.” B.I said trying to pull Shownu over to his group who were sitting back and having a food time. Shownu knocked away B.I’s hand and glared at the other man.

“Just hand Borah over Hanbin, you’re acting like an idiot.” Shownu said and B.I lost his smile and looked over to his boys who sat up a little straighter in their spots. B.I rubbed his lips and let out a little chuckle as he looked back directly at I.M.

“Fine, but you need to teach your woman to watch .” B.I said as Junhoe and Donghyuk walked around the low wall and picked something up. The boys all watched as they led Borah out from behind the wall. She had tape over and the more she came out into the light they could see that she had the beginning of a black eye and dried blood under her nose. I.M looked like he was about to ose his mind and had to be physically held back by Hyungwon and Jooheon.

“B.I YOU BASTARD!” I.M screamed in rage as he looked to the iKon boys who were just smiling proudly at their work. Shownu suddenly drew back his fist and punched B.I square in the face sending the other man tumbling backwards onto the pathway. All of iKon jumped to their feet and walked over to B.I who sat up laughing from the shock of the punch. B.I wiped the blood from his lip and looked up at Shownu who was glaring down at him.

“You never hit a woman you piece of .” Shownu growled through his teeth.

“You better step back.” Bobby got into Shownu’s face and tried to intimidate the other group’s leader but he didn’t even flinch. Shownu just looked back at Hyungwon and nodded his head. They let go of I.M who took off running at Bobby and drop kicked him. The brawl started after that as the boys were throwing punches and slamming each other to the ground to try and over power the other. Kihyun and Minhyuk lunged at Junheo and Donghyuk who threw Borah to the ground so she could protect herself. Borah watched in fear as I.M and Bobby were throwing wicked punches at each other and she could hear I.M grunting in pain as Bobby trapped him in a head lock and began wailing on him. She ripped the tape off of and with any courage she had left she ran towards Bobby and threw herself onto his back and covered his eyes with her hands.

WHAT THE HELL?” Bobby yelled and tried to claw Borah’s hands off of his face but it wasn’t working as she clung on to try and help I.M. After struggling for a few seconds Bobby had to let go of I.M to try and get Borah off of him. “Get off me!” Bobby managed to throw Borah off of his back and she landed on the ground with a pained yelp.

“Yo!” I.M called out to get Bobby’s attention. As the other boy looked over, I.M punched him in the jaw hard enough that he managed to knock Bobby out. His body flopped to the ground and Borah was shaking with adrenaline as I.M reached out and helped her stand on her feet. “Are you okay?” I.M asked as he gently placed his hand on the side of her face to keep her from looking at the chaos going on around her.

“Y-Yeah…I guess.” Borah said and she watched a little of the anger inside of I.M calm down as he looked at her.

“Okay, you stay here. I will be back in a minute.” He lightly the top of her head before going off to help Kihyun who was struggling with Junhoe. With the added help they easily over powered him and then helped out Minhyuk who were getting absolutely destroyed. Borah crouched away by the wall and covered her ears so she didn’t have to hear the disturbing noises that were coming from the brawl. Every once in a while she would have to close her eyes because she didn’t want to see people spitting out blood or crumping to the ground like rag dolls. After five minutes the world suddenly went completely still and Borah looked around to see that the boys of iKon were crawling on the ground and groaning in pain. Shownu and the other guys didn’t look that much better but they were at least standing, for the most part.

“Let’s get out of here!” Shownu said after he spit out some blood that had gathered in his mouth after splitting his lip open. I.M quickly went over to Borah, took her hand and then ran off with her while his friends struggled to keep up. Jooheon had Minhyuk on his back as they ran to the parking lot where their cars were parked. I.M and Borah were the first ones to make it to the cars and stood there panting as they looked off and could see his friends making their way slowly towards them.

“Thank you.” Borah said which caught I.M off guard. He nodded his head and kicked a pebble that was sitting by his foot. He didn’t know why he became shy all of a sudden but being around Borah made him unable to function properly as a human. “You saved me…” Borah continued on as she saw that I.M was struggling to talk.

“I had to.” I.M replied and he could see the disappointment on Borah’s face. She felt like a complete burden now and almost wished to be back with the iKon guys so she didn’t have to trouble him. I.M just smirked and put his hands in his pockets. “I wasn’t going to let the girl I like be treated badly by anyone.” Borah could feel her cheeks burning as she heard I.M’s confession. “Besides it was super fun to drop kick Bobby like that.” I.M cutely laughed and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly as he looked to see his friends were only a few feet away. Borah confidently took two large steps towards I.M and quickly placed a kiss upon his lips. When she pulled away Borah could feel butterflies flying around in her stomach as she shyly stood there unable to look him in the eyes.

“I like you too.” Borah confessed and I.M was standing as still as a statue as he let the fact wash over him that his crush stole his first kiss in the most adorable way ever. I.M was blushing like crazy as the guys reached the cars and pilled inside. Wonho, Kihyun, I.M and Borah got in one car while Shownu, Minhyuk, Hyungwon and Jooheon got into the other.

“What about my bike?” Jooheon cried out and out of frustration Shownu got out of the car, picked up the bike and threw it further into the parking lot with a loud clang and the familiar sound of metal breaking.

“I’ll get you a damn car, now get in before the police show up you idiot.” Shownu yelled at him and without any reply Jooheon got into the back seat with a groggy Minhyuk. Wonho peeled out of the parking lot with the sound of squealing tires and the smell of burning plastic overwhelming Borah as she sat, terrified in the back of the car. She felt I.M reach over and take her hand, lacing their fingers together. He gently squeezed her hand in reassurance that everything was going to be okay. She tightly held back and couldn’t hide the smile on her face as they drove away together, safe and together. Finally. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------