One

Rush

">

“Just go talk to her you big chicken.” Jooheon kicked the chair out from underneath I.M’s feet, startling the younger boy from his trance. I.M cursed at his friend under his breath and went back to looking at the girl across the street from them. For the past two months he had been crushing on her hard but has never been able to work up the courage to walk over and introduce himself. Usually confidence is never a problem the problematic child who has had multiple run-ins with the law; most end up with him getting in trouble for his bigmouth.

“It’s not that easy dude.” I.M shot back at Jooheon who just rolled his eyes and went back to munching on the food he had taken from his friend Shownu’s bag.

“Doesn’t she go to school with you Changkyun?” Wonho asked as he brought his head out of the hood of a car he was working on. Most of the guys that I.M was friends with were a few years older than him and had already graduated high school, but they all caused trouble with him and let him hide out at Wonho’s family auto shop that just so happened to be across the street from a small food stall that was the workplace of his crush. I.M nodded his head to Wonho’s question and he quickly looked away from Borah, his crush, who he had thought was now looking at him.

“Aigoo~ Baby I.M has a crush~” Minhyuk came running up behind I.M and hugged him from behind and awkwardly set his head on his shoulder.

“Get off.” I.M growled through his teeth and Minhyuk only stopped when Kihyun came over and pulled him away. I.M could remember the first time he really saw Borah at school. Although he had been going for three years, he never really looked around until that fateful afternoon. As per usual, I.M was skipping class and was hiding in the back of the school by the track. He and a few other guys were smoking and laughing at the other stupid kids for actually attending classes and participating in gym class. They heard someone yelp and fall to the ground and the guys obnoxiously laughed at the girl who had tripped and seemingly hurt her knee. Another girl ran up beside her and knelt down to see if she was alright. The girl had long, black hair that was pulled into a pony tail. Her cheeks were flushed and her large eyes sparkled as she happily spoke to the other girl whom she was helping back to her feet. The girl with a bad knee limped off to complete her lap and the kind hearted Borah looked over to I.M and the other boys with a blank expression. It was the first time in forever that I.M’s heart raced as they looked at each for a few fleeting seconds before she took off running.

“Who was that?” I.M asked another guy who informed him that she was Kim Borah. She was one of the top five students in the whole school and was the class vice president. She was everything that he despised and everything that he wanted at the same time. Since then he had been seeing her everywhere. They passed each other in the hallways, sat only a table apart during lunch and even took the same bus home where she would get off at the stop before him.

“If you don’t go talk to her than I’ll send Hyungwon over.” Jooheon threatened as he brought I.M out of his memories. They both looked over to a blond boy sitting off to the side that was reading a comic book and had a lollipop stick hanging out of his mouth. Hyungwon was the most handsome member of their little gang and was a notorious playboy. He had the physical appearance of a prince with his long, straight nose, sweet eyes and charming smile; but he also was cruel and emotionless to most of the people in his life and he didn’t care about the people that he would hurt.

“Talk to whom?” Hyungwon asked as he lowered his comic book to find out what people were saying. Normally Hyungwon was quiet mysterious but whenever someone mentioned his name he suddenly became very talkative and self-centred. Hyungwon knew he was handsome and was proud of it.

“Changkyun’s girlfriend.” Wonho pointed over to Borah and now all of the boys were looking over to her.

“She’s not my girlfriend.”  I.M was embarrassed and just wanted them to move on to a different topic but no one would seem to drop it.

“She’s cute.” Hyungwon said. As soon as I.M heard those words out of his friends’ mouth, he knew he was in trouble. Hyungwon then stood up, set his comic book on his seat and casually strolled across the street.

“Hyung….Hyung!” I.M called out to Hyungwon who completely ignored him and went over to Borah’s food stall. He angrily stood up with clenched fists and watched Hyungwon effortlessly talk to Borah who laughed at what he said and tucked her hair behind her ear.

“Oh, she must like what he’s saying.” Minhyuk laughed and hit Shownu’s shoulder which made him flinch and hit his head off the roof of the car he was working on and groan in pain. I.M saw how Borah looked at Hyungwon and he kicked his chair off in Minhyuk’s direction.

“This is stupid.” I.M muttered before marching across the street with Jooheon following after him; there was no way he was going to miss I.M bubbling like an idiot in front of a girl. Borah had stepped aside to get something as I.M approached Hyungwon. “Hyung, what the Hell do you think you’re doing?” I.M grabbed Hyungwon’s collar and glared at him which just made his hyung smugly smirk in his face. Before he could punch Hyungwon in the face, Borah’s sweet voice cut in.

“Here is your order.” She said while handing Hyungwon two drinks and a container for some food. Borah looked between I.M and Hyungwon with a worried expression which made I.M quickly let go of his hyung.

“Thanks. Borah here was just telling me how she goes to Seviat high school just like you.” Hyungwon said as he took the food and drinks in his hands, passing one of them to I.M who shyly took it.

“I…uh….yeah.” I.M said looking at Borah who was innocently smiling back at him.

“Yeah, we were in the same class together last year.” Borah said and I.M’s heart rate automatically picked up. He just nodded his head, not sure if he could put together a full sentence. Hyungwon and Jooheon could see that I.M was struggling and it was entertaining for them because he was usually the loudmouth of the gang.

“We should head back over.” Hyungwon said as he nudged I.M. “I got food for everyone else but since I know you don’t like spicy food I just got you strawberry juice instead for your sensitive little stomach.” Hyungwon purposefully was trying to embarrass I.M and it was working. He was glaring at his hyung with fire in his eyes as he saw a slight smile pull at the corner of Borah’s lips. Jooheon had to pull I.M away before he really punched someone. “We’ll see you around.” The three then walked back across the street to the awaiting men who were all standing around.

“What’s she like?” Kihyun asked as they came back.

“She’s even prettier up close.” Hyungwon said and almost as if he could predict it, I.M grabbed his collar again and was about to pour his drink all over his head.

“Changkyun, stop it. She’s looking.” Wonho spoke up and I.M looked over and was shocked to see that Borah was looking at him with a shy smile on her face. He lowered his drink and let go of Hyungwon’s shirt as the two of them seemed to have a staring contest from across the street.

“I want to meet her.” Shownu muttered as he spun a wrench around in his hand. Borah was the first to look away and it was only because the sound of a blaring stereo system filled the street. Everyone looked to see where it was coming from and spotted three cars slowly rolling down the street. I.M and all of his friends stopped what they were doing and were standing on alert as the car windows rolled down on the side facing them and familiar faces stuck out to them.

“It’s iKon.” Wonho sternly said as he picked a hammer up off the ground from beside the car he and Shownu were working on.

“Sup boys?” Junhoe yelled from the car and all of the boys were just silently glaring at him. The guys of iKon laughed and drove off while yelling obscene things and giving them the middle finger. Once the cars were gone I.M looked over towards Borah and saw that she was standing up from behind the counter where she must have been hiding.

“I hate those guys.” Jooheon said as he sat back down in his seat and grabbed some of the food that Hyungwon had bought from Borah.

“Same.” I.M replied and sat beside him, too ashamed to look back at Borah because he knew that she must have been scared of him as well. There wasn’t much of a different between iKon and Monsta X, his gang, except for the fact that iKon went looking for trouble while for Monsta X trouble just fell into their laps. I.M stayed at the auto shop until Borah closed up the stall and headed home. “I’m going to get going.” I.M said a few minutes after she left and none of the guys thought anything of it because they knew that he had school the next day and truthfully I.M wanted to go to school the next day. He felt that after being introduced today, thanks to Hyungwon, which means he might have more courage and try to talk to her. He had no idea what he was going to say, but he just didn’t want her to be afraid of him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

(B.I, Bobby, Jinhwan / Junhoe, Yunhyeong, Donghyuk, Chanwoo)

 

 

*I have this whole story typed up. It's only going to be aboue 3-4 chapters long. I'm not going to upload it all at once. There will be a few days between chapter updates*