Chapter 3

The World's Most Wanted

Surprisingly, Luhan found himself drifting in and out of sleep. But each time he woke up, the horror of what was awaiting him became even more evident in his mind and he'd panic till his now depleted energy didn't allow of it.

It must've only been a day since Sehun was here and Luhan silently wondered how long it even took to do a god damn blood test.

If it was going to take as long as it had taken for his captors to realise he needed food too; he wasn't so sure if he could make it this time.

But as much as he yearned for food and water, the aching reminder that Sehun was probably going to kill him the next time he set foot in this room made him wish that he'd continue to be left alone like this.

There weren't even anymore tears he could shed; he'd cried himself dry. And though he couldn't see it, he was certain his eyes were an unrecognisable, bloated red mess.

Definitely not pretty for a last image. But then again he probably wasn't going to die prettily either. Swollen eyes wouldn't make a difference at all.

He tilted his head up to the light bulb hanging above him, his only source of light in the otherwise pitch black room.

It blinded his eyes a little, making his eyes squint as he stared forlornly at his only source of warmth and comfort.

He was a child made for the sun. He wasn't supposed to be kept here in the dark like this.

He shut his eyes and felt the slight warmth on his cheeks. Memories of home coming back to him in forms he couldn't explain. But they all felt so real to him.

He wanted to go home.

His parents were probably worried sick over him and the thought of them getting a call from the police, saying that they'd found their son's body abandoned somewhere far away -it made his heart shatter to think how'd they react.

He didn't want to hurt his parents in any way. What excuse of a son would he be?

Though, he was almost certain that he was going to die without ever getting the chance to say goodbye. At times like this, it was only wishful thinking on his part.

Wetness began filing down his cheeks once more and Luhan didn't know where he'd even get the moisture to cry again. Maybe his body knew how much he missed home.

But his arms and legs were tied -he couldn't even breathe properly. He couldn't run away even if he'd trird.

Plus, he would never make it past his eleven captors. Something told him that they wouldn't even hesitate to put a bullet through his skull.

But then something else made him think twice, images from how Sehun had apologised and seemed genuinely guilty for letting him starve appeared in his mind.

The boy wasn't all that evil Luhan thought. And he'd suddenly felt a surge of guilt when he recalled what he had said to him the day before.

"You look no older than I am, how are you already this...this twisted?"         

Even though his reaction had been nonchalant and he didn't seem offended at all.

"What. I disgust you?"

It still made Luhan wish he could take back his words.

He remembered how something seemed to show in the boy's eyes when he told him that he cared. Almost like he was surprised.

And he figured Sehun probably never had enough people to tell him that they cared. Maybe that's why he turned out this way.

Maybe the others were just like him. In this cruel world, it isn't so hard to get lost and misguided…right?

Wait-

His train of thoughts came to an abrupt halt and he questioned all that he'd just thought of in his mind.

Why was he defending them?

He furrowed his brows as he tried to make sense with himself.

They kidnapped him. He was their hostage now. He shouldn't be trying to empathise with them because what they're doing is wrong.

And they may very well be the cause of his death.

Almost as if he'd read his mind, the door clanked open and Luhan's heart flipped when he saw Sehun standing there, gazing intently at him.

His face was void of emotion but even more so than his usual expression.

He stood there for a good minute, both staring each other down; except as the seconds passed, Luhan felt his gaze b with fear while Sehun didn't seem to blink at all.

"You're going to kill me, aren't you?" He said, trying to sound brave but there was no denying the fear laced in his voice.

Sehun didn't reply. Luhan watched as his hands slipped into the back of his jeans and reappeared with a crescent shaped dagger.

He slowly advanced towards him, all the while maintaining his icy gaze.

Luhan didn't know what to do anymore. He had long given up on any hope.

When Sehun was just an arm's reach away from him, he swallowed and felt a tear running down his cheek.

"Do it..." He muttered, forcing a teary smile. "I want to go home."

He watched as Sehun lifted the knife over his head, staring down at him with absolutely nothing in his eyes.

And Luhan closed his eyes.

He heard the knife swishing through the air, aiming for his beating heart. But he didn't feel any pain.

His eyes flew open and found the ropes that were once wrapped around his body cut cleanly in half.

The sudden relief from the tension forced a sigh out of Luhan.

He blinked at him confusedly and the other boy only gestured for him to stand.

Luhan didn't dare to question his actions so he wordlessly stood up, only to find the weight of his body suddenly becoming too much for his legs to handle.

His legs buckled and he fell into a pile on the floor, face landing smack on the concrete ground.

"Are you trying to be funny here?"

"N-No..."

"Then get up."

"I can't."

Luhan tried to push himself up again but his legs just wouldn't seem to cooperate. The time he'd spend tied down to that chair must've temporarily cut off his blood supply to his legs.

He heard Sehun sigh and could almost feel him rolling his eyes as he put his knife away and kneeled down beside him.

"God, you're so damn troublesome."

He felt Sehun's arms circling his waist and behind his knees before he got lifted up to his chest in a swift motion.

His heart paced as he realised how compromising his position was; being carried bridal style by another man.

Without warning, Sehun started walking out of the room and Luhan finally got to see what was beyond these four walls.

Though, he was sorely disappointed when he was greeted by an endless corridor of pipes and metal grilles on both his sides.

"Where are you taking me?"

He looked up to Sehun who made no motion to look at him, only staring straight ahead.

"You'll find out soon."

"Aren't you going to kill me?"

A soft chuckle escaped him.

"Do you think I would bother carrying you to your death?"

It took a while for his words to finally sink in but when it did, Luhan felt as if a huge load was lifted off his shoulders and suddenly Sehun's arms didn't seem so cold to touch anymore.

"But don't get too used to this, princess. I'm only doing this coz your blood showed a match," he muttered, looking down and shooting him a crooked smile. "I'm not your knight in shining armour."  

Luhan couldn't help but question why was he abnormally nice for a kidnapper?

And just why couldn't he bring himself to hate him?

They went through a series of twist and turns and Luhan understood why Sehun rarely came to see him -the place was like a maze.

And judging from the lack of sunlight and windows, they were in some underground hideout, far away from being detected.

He was half surprised that the boy hadn't asked him to drag himself ten minutes into the walk. He didn't even show the slightest signs of fatigue.

Finally, something obstructed their path and Luhan diverted his gaze from Sehun's face to a door with a toilet sign drilled onto it.

He turned back and gave him his 'are you kidding me' look.

"What?" Sehun answered sheepishly. "I thought you might like a shower."

"Why are you doing this? Why now?"

"Cuz you stink. Does that answer all your questions?"

Luhan wanted to argue on whose fault it actually was but caught sight of the ammunition jingling from his belt and decided against it.

He nodded slowly and Sehun motioned for him to get the door. He did and they entered a spacious room and Luhan was horrified to see that the showers were all out in the open.

"Can you walk now? Or do I need to bath you too," Sehun questioned sarcastically.

"Put me down."

"I guess not..."

He lowered him till his feet touched the ground but only released his grip on him when he was sure Luhan wouldn't fall over.

The shorter boy glanced around him and headed for the shower furthest away.

He stopped by the showerhead and looked back to find Sehun still standing there.

"Could you...you know?"

Luhan made a gesture for him to leave but the other stood his ground.

"I gotta keep watch on you at all times princess...Trust me. I'm not interested in seeing you bathe either."

"But..."

"Do you want to shower or not?" Sehun snapped which made Luhan flinch.

Turning away from him, Luhan in a deep breath and started to peel off his filthy clothes.

He kept his boxers on though, willing to let Sehun see everything but that. He the shower and started to wash himself down, the warm water feeling like heaven on his skin.

He kept his eyes transfixed on his own body, thinking that he'd be even more embarrassed to see Sehun's reaction as he showered.

His ribs jutted out of his skin in a way that made him wish that he had his little tummy fat back. And his thighs no longer had the extra fat that'd clung to them stubbornly

The more he took in the changes to his body, the more self-conscious he got. So much so that he tried to get it over quickly and then hurried to put his clothes back on.

Once he pulled his sweater over his now petite frame, he turned around to head back to Sehun but found himself pinned back against the wall.

Before he could register his shock, Sehun was already pressed against him, face inches away from his.

Luhan's eyes widened and he felt his heart beating faster at the sudden proximity. His hands were pinned on both sides of the wall and he felt Sehun's warm breath against his cheeks.

"Now that you can walk..."

He whispered, smirking at Luhan's flustered expression.

"I wouldn't want you running away from me."

Luhan heard a click and glanced up to find that he had handcuffed his right hand to his.

With one hand, Sehun pushed himself off him and dangled both their hands up in the air.

"You can't blame me for being too careful right?"

"You know I can't run away even if I tried..."

"Glad you understand. Now let's get you back."

As much as he dreaded being out here with his captor, Luhan didn't want to return to his cell either.

The two walked side by side and though Luhan lagged behind a little at times, the handcuffs along with Sehun's brute force was enough to make him keep up.

"How long are you planning to keep me here?"

"Not much longer."

"R-Really?"

Luhan's face lit up a little and he felt his heart soar.

"Don't get too happy princess...once we hand you over, the President can do anything he wants with you and chances are he'll probably get rid of you-" Sehun had spoken before he could stop himself.

After a long pause and with no reply from the boy behind him, Sehun paused in his steps and turned to face him.

Luhan had gone tight lipped and expressionless. And Sehun pitied him a little.

"Look...I'm sorry."

Luhan met his gaze and what looked like surprise glinted in his eyes but then looked away just as fast.

"Is sorry really the only thing you can tell me?" He croaked, biting down on his quivering lips.

And to Sehun's alarm, he saw that the glint in his eyes were actually from the tears building up.

He didn't know what to do other than just standing there and watch him cry.

There was a part of him that wanted to comfort the boy but he didn't know how. Besides, he was in this state because of him.

If anything, he must've hated him.

"Stop crying."

Luhan didn't seem to hear him, tears still streaming from his eyes.

"I said stop crying."

He raised his voice a little. There was no way he couldn't have heard that. But the boy ignored him.

Frustrated and guilty at the same time, Sehun hesitated a bit before he did something he never thought he'd do.

Closing the distance between them, he pulled the boy into his arms.

"Please stop crying,” he said, lips brushing against his ears.

He felt Luhan tense up in his arms. His tears from before stained his collar.

And his breath hitched in his throat when he felt the boy’s hands on his back.

Pulling away, he kept his arms on his waist and stared into his teary yet strangely captivating eyes.

All sorts of emotions were running through Luhan's mind and it clouded his better thinking.

He yearned to be comforted, to be told that everything was going to be okay.

And in that moment, Sehun was the only who could do that for him.

Without hesitating, he took a long look of his face before pressing his lips to his.

A sharp gasp escaped from the taller boy's mouth but was immediately silenced by Luhan's lips moving against his.

Sehun didn't respond at first, unable to process the suddenness of the whole situation.

But after a while, Luhan felt him kissing back.

His heart paced as he explored every inch of his captor's lips, his fingers digging into his jet black hair. He moaned when he felt the other boy biting on his lip, begging for entrance and when he did, Sehun's tongue slipped in as he deepened the kiss.

His arms held Luhan's petite frame close to his as the latter leaned against the wall and it was frustrating how perfect their bodies fit together.

Sehun's lips had worked its way to his neck, peppering kisses on his soft skin. He focused on a particular patch of skin that made Luhan draw a sharp intake of breath and on it till he was sure he left a mark.

The empty hallways were filled with their gasps and panting. Occasionally, a few whispers of their names.

Luhan slipped his fingers under the boy's shirt, feeling his perfectly toned abs and tugged at the ends of it, begging for him to take it off.

"S-Sehun..."

He chuckled at how needy the boy looked and cupped his pretty face in his hands.

Sehun found it fascinating how his two eyes could hold so much emotion. As if he'd experienced everything in this world.

He leaned forward, wanting to press their lips together again but then caught sight of their cuffed hands.

His heart died as he let his mind take over.

It was then he finally realised what he was doing.

And he shouldn't be doing this.

This was wrong.

He pulled his face away from his, watching as Luhan's eyes grew big and confused, and dropped his hands from his face.

His gaze pierced into his with a look that Luhan couldn't decipher and he felt himself slowly getting confused as well.

He avoided his gaze and turned back to the direction they were headed to before and muttered grimly, "We have to go."

Sehun silently hoped that the boy wouldn't ask any questions -and thankfully he didn't.

Luhan moved away from the wall and stood beside him wordlessly. The two then made their way down the aisle with no words or looks exchanged.

The long journey back seemed even longer than usual, and Luhan was glad when they finally reached the metal door; contrary to what he thought before.

Sehun unlocked the cuffs that bounded their hands together and waited as Luhan entered the room before making a motion to close the door.

Though not before he heard the other say.

"You can't save me...can you?"

Sehun's face peeked between the door, expression somewhat strained.

"I'm not your knight in shining armour, princess."

 

 

A/N: Here's a new chapter guys! ^^ This one I was a little conflicted to write about coz I really wanted some action for Hunhan but didn't want this to be pwp so yeah...I tried. Please tell me if there's anything you didn't like so far or if there's anything you did like in the comments! Till next time, thanks for reading :D