Chapter 1

The World's Most Wanted

“Are you sure he’s the one?”

“He has to be. If not we’d have dodge all those damn bullets for nothing.”

“And if he isn’t?”

“We’ll kill him. Just like how we always do.”

“Brilliant."

“Hey I think he’s waking up!”

“Gather round guys! Sleeping beauty’s finally done with his slumber.”

Luhan awoke to his world in darkness. The blindfold tied tightly around his eyes made it hard to breathe and despite how clueless he usually was –he knew he wasn’t alone.

“H-Help…” He breathed, throat raw from not drinking any water for god knows how many days.

His pleas were met with laughter and murmurs all around him and it made him so uneasy to feel this cornered and outnumbered.

“P-Please…help me…”

A few more comments that he couldn’t make out were made and then followed by the sounds of chairs being drawn back and a ray of light shining dimly through his blindfold.

He heard footsteps and felt someone coming his way.

And in a split second, his blindfold was torn away from his eyes and there stood two men in front of him. Both eyeing him like he was a prized jewel.

The boy who had taken off his blindfold knelt down before him, meeting his gaze with a crooked smile that Luhan knew he couldn’t trust.

“Rise and shine princess.”

Luhan stared warily at him, face far too close to his for his liking and started to stutter.

“W-Who…Who are you?”

“That’s not important. What’s important is that you answer all our questions or I’ll have to ruin that pretty face of yours.”

 “Here’s the first question.” The taller of the two stepped forward and gently pushed the other boy aside. “Who are you?”

“I’m Luhan.”

“And who does that make you?”

“I…I don’t know…”

The man chuckled and shook his blond head amusedly.

“Tell me what’s so valuable about you that’s making us hold you hostage. After all, we don’t just kidnap anybody.”

 Luhan remained silent, not knowing what to say because the truth was he didn't know what they wanted him for. His family wasn't rich, neither were they important.

"Come on work with me," the blond pressed on, smiling just a little too sweetly that made Luhan think he was taunting him instead.

But that smile soon grew into a thin line the longer he held his silence and he got up and shook his head in regret.

"I guess we'll have to make you talk then."

The blond headed back into the dim shadows and signalled for the young boy from before to take over.

Luhan watched in bated breath as he strolled forward, footsteps echoing off the concrete. It was only when he was close enough to the single bulb that hung from the ceiling above him did Luhan notice the awfully sharp knife that hung from his fingertips.

The boy stopped before him and bent forward, grazing his knife just above his skin.

"I really don't like doing this you know," he sighed, tracing his pale skin teasingly. "But I guess I'll have to if you don't talk."

Luhan trembled as he felt the cool metal run along his cheeks, meeting the boy's cold gaze with his dilated pupils.

Seeing how terrified he was only made the young boy chuckle and Luhan thought that a boy his age shouldn't be capable of doing this sort of thing. But from how his hands skilfully graced the knife across his skin -he knew this wasn't his first time.

"What do you want from me?" he asked, lips trembling violently.

"I just need you to tell me one thing. Are you or are you not the illegitimate son of the US President?"

"What?"

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I said. Are you the biological son of the President of the United States?"

Luhan wanted to laugh but he figured he'd send that knife to his abdomen if he did.

Him? The son of the President of the United States? He was merely a boy that had just graduated from a neighbourhood university. And his father was by no means the leader of fifty states.

"I'm not. I come from a freaking town with a population of sixty! And my father owns a diner, not a country."

A hint of surprise flashed across the boy's face and he eyed him tensely as if trying to figure out if he was lying or not.

But from the way his eyes were filled with confusion, there was definitely no room for deceit. Turning to look back at his partner, he said, "You were right about your theory, Kris. They were so desperate not to let this out that they even kept him out on the secret too."

Kris smiled and folded his arms smugly.

"Just like the President to keep all his secrets nice and tight, ain't it? But I guess he wasn't being careful enough this time."

"He underestimated us," the boy said before turning back to Luhan. "And I'm afraid...that's gonna cost him very, very dearly."

He flinched when he felt the knife on his skin again and bit on his lip to resist from moving around too much.

"J-Just who are you all?" Luhan burst, confusion and anger etched on his face.

The boy stared at him as he contemplated whether or not to tell him but then relented.

"Since you've told us what we wanted to know, I guess it's only fair we tell you what you want to know."

He got up and beckoned for the others to step forward from the shadows and when they did, Luhan counted that there was about eleven of them; all of which looked no older than he was.

"We collectively go by the name of 'Exo'. I'm sure you've heard about us."

Luhan gulped. That explained why they all looked so familiar.

Exo.

The organisation comprised of the world's most wanted kidnappers.

And he was their hostage now.

"Looks like he has," the second tallest said, eliciting laughter from the shorter, more petite boy beside him.

"But you don't have to be scared so long as you listen to whatever we say," Kris added.

"Yeah we don't bite unless you bite first of course."

Laughter broke out.

Luhan couldn't believe that the eleven men standing in front of him were all wanted criminals. Some of them looked even younger than he was but the guns and ammunition hanging from their belts suggested that they were far from kids their age.

Kris gave a loud yawn and stretched his arms. Without a word, he started to make his way out of the door at the other end of the room.

"I'll leave our princess here in your hands, Sehun."

The young boy wanted to protest but Kris was already too far off to hear him and the other boys that trailed off behind him all chuckled and offered sympathetic pats on his shoulder when they passed.

He scowled and slipped his knife into a compartment on his belt before turning back to look at Luhan distastefully which made him sink deeper into the chair he was tied to.

"You heard what they said," Sehun muttered. "Try anything funny and I'll make sure you never leave this room."

Luhan nodded meekly and watched as the other settled himself down against a wall, staring at the ceiling absently.

His face, Luhan noticed, looked much softer than before when he was taunting him with a knife. Almost kinder in a way.

He stared at him in silence and for some reason couldn’t seem to tear his eyes away from him, not even when the other noticed him staring and glared back at him coldly.

“What are you staring at?”

“N-Nothing,” he said and promptly averted his gaze, feeling the tip of his nose going red even though he knew embarrassment was the last thing that he should be feeling now.

“Tsk.” The inky-haired boy slumped back against the wall and began playing with his knife.

“If you hate being here so much, why don’t you just join the others? It’s not like I can escape or anything…I don't think I'm capable of that with all these ropes on my body.”

“Oh shut up.”

“You’re ing rude you know.”

“And you’re not in the position to be scolding me.”

“So what?”

“So what?” A grin formed on Sehun’s lips as he got up and started making his way to him.

 He held his knife out in front of Luhan’s face, close enough for him to see his own reflection, and grabbed his chin and tilted it up roughly, eliciting a soft yelp from the older boy.

“So what you ask?” He whispered, his knife tracing the shape of Luhan’s lips. “I can do anything I want with you...you know that right?”

Luhan tried to resist but his grip on him was impossibly hard and he didn’t know where he’d gotten the sudden surge of courage to say, “You can’t do anything to me -I’m the President’s son right? If I die you’ll never get what you want!”

“I never said anything about you being dead. But I can make you wish you were.”

“Why?” Luhan gasped, tears forming in his eyes as he looked at him in exasperation. “You look no older than I am, how are you already this…this twisted?”

Sehun scoffed and dug his fingers deeper into his skin.

 “What. I disgust you?”

“No…” Luhan replied, gaze softening. “You make me worry for how...your life's gonna turn out...”

His words made something show through Sehun’s cold eyes for a second, almost like surprise. But it was soon replaced by his usual stoic gaze except this time -there was a hint of anger.

“I’d worry about myself if I were you,” he spat and released his grip on his jaw.

The sudden relief from the tension on his chin made Luhan choke on his breath as he watched Sehun disappear into the shadows and returning with the blindfold from earlier.

With a swift motion, he wrapped it around his two eyes, plunging his world back into darkness. Luhan hissed as he felt the boy tying the fabric tighter than necessary so that he couldn’t even open his eyes to see anything anymore.

Two hands rested on his shoulders; Luhan felt his hot breath blowing at the corner of his neck.

“Sleep tight my princess."

 

A/N: okay this is by far the most randomest fic I've ever come up with but I got inspired to do this when i heard One Direction's song Stockholm Syndrome -omfg that song is absolute perfection- but yeah hope it'll turn out as epic as I imagined it to be. A simple comment or subscribe is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!