Dream

A Piece of Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had a dream.

Your small figure's shadow covered the ground as you ran around the field with that signature grin on your face. You felt cheeky that night and so you decided to play a game. I would run around in order to catch you but I would never run out of breath, I guess it really was a dream.

Your eyes sparkled along with the night sky as we stared into each other's eyes. We laid on the grass, observing the celestial beings on top of our heads. You waved your hand around the air, trying to show me a constellation but my eyes stayed stuck on your beautiful face.

I helped you up and you dragged me to a familiar place. You made me cover my eyes as we went there but once we entered our destination I knew immediately where we were.

The tree looked different. It looked a bit old and weary, other branches looked like it would fall off too soon by the way they seemed to be hanging. But on the trunk, the same thing remained. It was a carved "J <3 K" and I smiled, remembering the day I carved it. You scoffed and commented that it was cheesy and cliche, however I shook my head and disagreed, remembering to keep my smile up.

You then took me to a lake nearby. I don't remember seeing that before but I went along with it since the smile on your lips was the most precious thing for me.

We sat next to each other near the lake, keeping our feet from getting wet. You talked about your day as I listened intently. I nodded at your stories and laughed at your jokes. You never seem to run out of stories, I don't remember much of what you said as most of them were quite irrelevant for me, but everything you said; you made them sound so interesting. I don't know how you do it.

We stopped by the fairy floss cart that stopped by oh-so-conveniently. We got what we normally bought which was the blue floss. We walked around the field aimlessly, one hand interlocked with each other, and the other hand holding our sugary treats.

You tell me more stories as we munch on our snacks. Your laughs that I remember secretly were heard again, and that smile that was memorized in my brain was seen. I love your smile.

We soon end up in another game of tag. I was the one chasing after you. You ran as swift as you possibily could away from me as your smile grew bigger and bigger, I always knew running made you happy, and so I kept a safe distance from you, making sure I wouldn't catch up to you just yet. Eventually I did by locking you in a warm embrace, securing you in my arms, holding you tight so that you know I never want to let go. We fall on the grass with you on top of me and your giggles were heard. You stand up and run again as you didn't like being "it", I sat up to watch you run aimlessly and giggle with glee,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter