Stage Disaster

Stage Disaster

Lisa and Tina and I were on the stage doing some last minute touch ups on BTS’s hair and makeup before their rehearsal. We quickly finished up and headed off the stage, letting the boys do their final preparations before their rehearsal began. We watched the boys perform happily, cheering them on loudly as they executed their dance moves, singing and rapping practically flawlessly.  Once their rehearsal was over, the boys all stood on the stage chatting about what parts needed to be worked on before the performance later that night. Lisa and Tina were chatting excitedly while I quietly watched Taehyung.

 

I felt myself drawn to the cute boy from the first time I met him and before I knew it, I had fallen for him. His smile, his playful nature, his amazing voice, his kindness, his dancing, his smile... I already said that, oh well, his smile really is adorable. We have become pretty close since I started working with Big Hit almost six months ago. He always has me do his makeup and I relish the time with him. We chat often, although not as often as I would like, but I understand that he is often busy with his activities. I haven’t told any of this to Lisa or Tina, knowing that they would immediately assume that he likes me too. I’m not so sure. Taehyung is super friendly with almost everyone and I’m too afraid of losing my friendship with him to find out.

 

I felt my breath catch in my chest when he turned to me and flashed that to die for smile at me. I gave him a small wave which he returned before Hoseok threw his arms around his shoulders to get his attention. I was about to turn back to Lisa and Tina (in an attempt to stop my shameless staring before I get caught) when I heard a loud snapping noise. I looked around for the source of the noise and noticed with horror that part of the set was wobbling. I frantically looked at BTS, but none of them seemed to have noticed the noise. They were too busy laughing at something.

 

The set started to lean forward, and without thinking, I ran forward, startling Tina and Lisa who called after me, but I didn’t answer them. The BTS boys turned around with confused expression at hearing Lisa and Tina’s cries and saw me running towards them. Taehyung was standing slightly behind the others, right in the path of the falling set. Everything seemed to turn into slow motion. He looked really confused as I ran right towards him. He opened his mouth, I assume to ask what the heck I was doing but before he could even get a single word out, I roughly pushed him backwards. Jin and Yoongi caught him as the set crashed down on top of me.

 

I out for a couple of seconds as my head bounced off of the stage floor. I was so stunned that I didn’t make a sound. Suddenly I heard Taehyung’s voice right beside me. “Victoria? Vic!? Are you ok? Can you hear me? Say something!” he shouted frantically as he shook my shoulders. The shaking was making me feel ill and I let out a groan in protest, my eyebrows furrowing at my throbbing headache. “Taehyung…” was all I managed to mutter, I really wanted to tell him to stop shaking me, but only that one word made it past my lips.

 

“I’m here. I’m here.” He said as he swept my hair away from my face. I groaned again and tried to move but my legs wouldn’t cooperate. I was on my stomach and tried to look down at my torso and legs and saw parts of the set covering my body. Taehyung followed my gaze and seemed to notice the set for the first time. “Someone help!” he cried, looking around at all the staff members, his voice seemed to bring the staff back to their senses. They all rushed forward and pulled the set up as Taehyung pulled me free. I repressed the urge to swear loudly and stuck to cursing a blue streak in my head.

 

He pulled my into his arms, “Vic, can you hear me?” he said holding me close. My eyebrows were furrowed in pain, being pulled free hurt more than I thought it would. I slowly opened my eyes and looked into Taehyung’s panic filled eyes, “Are you ok?” I asked making Taehyung let out a laugh in, what I assume was, disbelief, “That should be my question. What were you thinking?” he said as he looked me over for injuries. I winced as his hand found a cut on my thigh, it wasn’t serious but Taehyung paled at the blood staining my jeans and his hand. “I didn’t think.” I said as I attempted to laugh but all I managed was a weak chuckle, my headache steadily getting worse. By this time Lisa and Tina were by our sides, and they were crying… loudly. “You idiot! You could have died!” Lisa wailed as Namjoon patted her shoulder gently. Tina was as pale as a ghost as she just stared at me, her hands shaking.

 

I tried to sit up but Taehyung held me tighter against his chest. “Don’t try to move.” He scolded gently as the first aider ran up to us, shooing everyone away. “She needs space and air. She’ll be fine.” He said as he opened his first aid kit. Taehyung held me tightly as I was checked over for injuries. The first aider listed off my injuries as a bump on the head, a cut on my thigh and a twisted ankle. “It doesn’t look too serious but I still think you should go to hospital.” The first-aider said as he packed his things away. “I think I’ll be ok…” I said, not happy with the idea of a hospital visit, but my protests were cut short by Taehyung’s hard stare, “If he says you need to go to the hospital then you’re going to the hospital. End of discussion. I’ll take you.”

 

I shook my head which only made me dizzy. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to let the dizziness pass, “No, its ok. You still have a schedule. I can’t bother you. Your work comes first.” Taehyung sighed loudly, “Now is not the time for you to be stubborn.” He said, his voice hard but his eyes full of concern. Before I could argue, Taehyung’s manager came up to them. “Taehyung, I’ll take her to the hospital myself. You need to do this performance ok? I’ll make sure she’s ok.”

 

Taehyung bit his lip then sighed in frustration as Namjoon patted his shoulder in a comforting way. He nodded as Lisa and Tina helped me to my feet. “We’ll go too.” Their determined looks stopped BTS’s manager from protesting. “We’ll take good care of her.” They said looking at Taehyung, who looked really upset. He could only nod as they slowly helped me off the stage.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

For the whole performance Taehyung could only think about Victoria. He messed up a few times in the choreography and almost missed some of his lines in the songs. Usually Namjoon would have scolded him for being distracted, but he could sense that the younger man was truly upset about what had happened after their rehearsal.

 

After their performance, Namjoon sat beside Taehyung back at their practice room, Taehyung made no reaction to acknowledge the other man. He just stared at his phone, willing it to ring with a message or a call from Victoria saying that she was ok. “You really care about her, don’t you?” Namjoon asked. Taehyung nodded without realising it. Namjoon stared at the younger boy for a few moments, “Have you told her?” Taehyung shook his head. “I don’t know how she feels about me.” He muttered quietly, letting his head fall back against the wall with a loud thud making Namjoon wince at the sound. Taehyung let out a loud sigh. Namjoon rolled his eyes and pushed Taehyung gently, “She literally dove across the stage to save you. You know that old saying? ‘Actions speak louder than words?’” Taehyung sighed loudly. “I don’t know what to do.” He said miserably. His phone beeped loudly and he almost dropped his phone in surprise. He quickly opened the message.

 

Hey. That’s me got the all clear from the hospital. Nothing serious. :D Xxx

 

He sighed in relief at the message before typing back.

 

Hey, thanks for letting me know. Did they let you go home?

Do you need anything? Oh, and I never got to say this earlier… Thank you for saving me.

 

“How is she?” Namjoon asked noticing the relief on Taehyung’s face. “The doctor said it’s nothing to worry about.” He said with a weak smile. His phone beeped as another message came through.

 

Haha~ no need to thank me! I just wish I’d looked a bit more heroic! Yeah they let me come home. It took forever for me to convince Lisa and Tina to go back home! I should have gotten them to bring me food first tho haha~ xx

 

Namjoon read the message over Taehyung’s shoulder. “Go take her some food.” He said startling Taehyung. “But we’re supposed to go straight to the dorm. Plus I don’t know where she lives.” Namjoon smiled, “Never underestimate your wise and amazing leader.” After typing on his phone for a few minutes he passed it to Taehyung, “That’s her address. Its only fifteen minutes away from here.” Taehyung looked up at Namjoon questioningly. “Just go, quickly.” Namjoon said as he gently elbowed the younger man. Taehyung grinned at him, “Thanks, hyung.” He said before wrapped the older rapper in a tight hug. He quickly copied the address into his phone and ran out of the door.

 

He stopped by a convenience store on his way and quickly made his way to Victoria’s apartment. When he reached the door he froze. What will she think of me suddenly turning up at her door in practically the middle of the night? He shook his head in an attempt to rid himself of those type of thoughts and quickly knocked the door before he could change his mind. He heard Victoria’s voice from inside and felt his palms turn sweaty with nerves.

 

She opened the door and saw a nervous looking Taehyung standing there. Taehyung quickly took in her appearance. She had changed into a pair of loose shorts and an oversized BTS t-shirt, her hair was thrown up into a messy bun. “Taehyung! What are you doing here?” she asked curiously. He held up the bag from the convenience store, “You said you were hungry.” He said with a sheepish grin. Victoria returned his grin and hopped aside to let him in. He took his shoes off and put them away neatly and looked around Victoria’s apartment. It was small and neat, photos covering every wall and frames dotted around the apartment of friends and family. The apartment had a very cosy and homely feel, he liked it instantly. “Sorry about the mess.” Victoria said with an embarrassed smile, “I wasn’t expecting company. Do you want something to drink?” she started hobbling to the kitchen. Taehyung dropped the bag from the store and rushed in front of her and crouched down. “Jump on.”

 

Victoria froze, “W-what?” she mentally slapped herself for how shocked she sounded. Taehyung let out a noise of frustration before leaning back and grabbing her hand. He pulled her against his back and wrapped her arms around his neck before standing up. She let out a small yelp at the sudden movement and tightly grasped his sweatshirt as he grabbed her thighs and held her tightly against him.

 

“You shouldn’t be walking about with that ankle.” He scolded as he took her to the couch and put her down gently. Victoria felt a blush stain her cheeks and when he gently put her on the sofa, she prayed that he didn’t notice. He went and grabbed the bag by the door and brought it to her small coffee table before taking a seat on the couch next to her. “I wasn’t sure what you liked so I grabbed loads of things.” He said as he started emptying the bag onto the table.  When he pulled out a bag of her favourite kimchi chips she smiled, “Those are my favourites!” she said happily as Taehyung handed her the bag.

 

They ate in silence for a while before Victoria spoke. “So, how did you know my address?” she asked curiously. Taehyung chuckled quietly, “Namjoon hyung.” Victoria nodded knowingly, “I should have known. He probably texted Lisa, I swear there’s something going on between those two.” Taehyung’s eyes lit up, “You think so too? All the guys swear they are dating but he always denies it.”

 

Victoria smiled, “I know they like each other. They just need to confess.” Victoria suddenly caught Taehyung’s eyes and they stared at each other for a moment before she looked away and concentrated on her chips. Taehyung cleared his throat, his gaze never leaving Victoria. Without thinking, he reached up and moved her hair behind her ear. She froze at the intimate touch, her breath catching in . Taehyung stared at her intently, Victoria could feel a blush once again rising to her face under his stare. “Victoria?” she felt like electricity was flowing through her veins as he whispered her name. She turned his gaze to meet his, her blue eyes meeting his brown ones. His fingers still lingered by her ear and they slowly brushed down her jawline. “Why did you rush out like that today? You could have been more seriously hurt.”

 

She let out a deep breath, her eyes still locked with his, “I didn’t want you to get hurt. I panicked. So I ran out…” she trailed off, his eyes never leaving hers. She felt her blush deepen. He sighed gently. “I didn’t know what to think when you ran towards me like that. I never expected that you’d be saving me like that. When I realised what happened… when I saw you lying there. Everything just froze. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t breathe. All I could focus on was you.” He changed his position so that he was kneeling next to her.

 

She now had to look up to see his lovely eyes, “I was terrified.” He continued. “I just thought what if you never woke up? What if I’d just lost my chance to tell you how I feel?” Victoria’s breath caught in at his words, her chest tightened almost painfully in anticipation. “What do you feel?” she said, her words barely a whisper. He raised his hand and cupped her face, “I like you Victoria. I don’t know when it started. Maybe it was love at first sight? But all I know is, I want to be with you.”

 

Victoria’s face split into a grin, “Taehyung.” She whispered as he leaned down and pressed his lips gently to hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he placed his hands on either side of her on the couch, the top half of his body hovering over hers. He gently tugged on her bottom lip with his teeth before his tongue explored . One of her hands moved up to tangle in his hair, the other now wrapped around his back as she pulled him closer. They kissed until their need for air became too strong. He pulled away just enough so that he could rest his forehead against hers. They were breathing hard as they grinned at each other. “I’m glad Namjoon hyung told me to come here.” He said as he planted another gentle kiss against her lips. “Me too.” She added as she returned the kiss. “Me too.”