Boundaries

FIGG: Home Is Where You Are (Chatroom Special: TaengSic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been way too long since the two of them had felt this way — the first kiss. As they pulled away, pretty reluctantly, Taeyeon had much difficulty keeping her gaze off the ground. She just had no idea where was she supposed to look, not when she was dead sure that she was still blushing from the aftertaste on her lips left behind by her girlf— Right. So, what were they now? The awkward silence between them was more than just uncomfortable. Should she just kiss her again? Maybe that would kill the awkwardness. Actually, should she say something? Just, anything? Maybe she should just pretend that the kiss never happened. No, that might upset Jessica. Oh right. Play it cool. Nothing is going to be better than to—

 

"Uh..."

 

Jessica's voice broke her train of thoughts, and even though she was trying her hardest to prevent herself from looking at the girl before, she found herself lifting her gaze automatically to meet the owner of the voice. Taeyeon was sure that she blushed even harder when her very eyes took in the sight before her. How was it that she only just realised how beautiful and breath-taking Jessica was? She lost herself in that second. Lost in Jessica's beauty. Lost in Jessica's eyes. So lost.

 

And Jessica found her.

 

"Stop being awkward..." Jessica muttered, a hand awkwardly raised, ironically, to rub her nape. "W-we're adults. It's normal to...to..."

 

It was Jessica's cuteness that eased that tension in the air, because Taeyeon found herself chuckling while she continued where the girl left off, "To kiss."

 

"Well, y-yeah! To...kiss." The slightly taller girl nodded way too enthusiastically. Even a blind person would be able to tell how shy she was at that moment, especially by the way she was shuffling her feet nervously.

 

"Hmm..." Taeyeon abruptly hummed and Jessica froze. What...?

 

The latter kept her eyes fixed on the other, her jaw falling slack just a little, without her knowing. "What is it...?"

 

The girl heaved a sigh, her eyelashes fluttering while she fumbled over the right words to say. Were there really even right words to begin? "I just..." she began hesitantly. "I was just wondering if I could do that again."

 

Oh.

 

But really, was that even a question? A small grin crept its way to Jessica's face as she her lips. She held the shorter girl's gaze affectionately, her eyes almost sparkling. With what, she didn't know. She didn't answer immediately. Instead, she let her slender fingers curl themselves around Taeyeon's petite wrist and with a soft tug, she pulled her along to sit down on one of the steps.

 

Now hip against hip, Jessica slid her hand downwards to slot her digits in between the girl's, but still she kept silent. Unable to stand the silence for even a second longer, Taeyeon turned just a bit to face the girl more comfortably. "S-so...?"

 

Jessica kept her eyes on the wall opposite her, even though she could feel that intensity from the fellow singer's stare. She exhales softly, and then she spoke. "So I'll answer that later. Let's talk about something else first. And don't tell me to look at you because I can't."

 

A crease forming immediately between Taeyeon's brows, she chewed on her bottom lip, a million thoughts racing through her mind at that instant. She just couldn't fathom out the reason behind Jesisca's tone. Still, she complied. "Okay. Let's talk, then. What do you want to talk about?"

 

As sile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter