Chapter 2

Her Unexpected Surprises

 

 

Class was over and it was finally recess time. Sohee tagged behind the crowd of students who were making their way out of the classroom. When she made it out and was about to head to the cafeteria, a familiar figure who passed by caught her attention. She stopped on her tracks and turned her head to the direction of his back facing her.

She shooked her head and was about to proceed with what she planned to do from the beginning.

"Hanbin!"

Right when Sohee was about to turn around, a boy bumped into her causing her to squeal and stumble but luckily he was quick enough to catch her before she could fall.

"Woah, sorry! Didn't see you there. Are you alright?"

The sudden actions had gave her brain a little suprise but it quickly recovered for her to reply him, "Y-Yeah, thanks!"

The boy smiled as his small eyes turned into crescent moons, a cute mole under his right eye. He looked like a kindergarten kid stucked in a high school guy's body, "If that's so then I'll leave now because I have to catch on someone. Sorry!"

She shrugged, "It's okay."

He nodded before turning his back at her and running to the direction he was about to head, "Hey, Hanbin! Wait for me!"

Sohee watched as both figures slowly disappeared from her sight.

"So, he's Hanbin's friend." She thought out loud without even realizing it.

She shooked her head before heading to the cafeteria like she planned.

 

Minae slowly took bites on her bread while patiently waiting for her best friend to finally appear. Back then, it was only the both of them having lunch together but seems like this year will be a bit different because now they have F(x) joining their usual lunch date.

"Oh, look! There's Sohee!" Luna waved her hand so that she could see them.

Sohee was lost for a moment, trying to look for Minae everywhere in the cafeteria. It was probably because she was used to having only the both of them on one table and she had forgotten that they'll from now on have lunch with the group.

She approached the table and settled herself with the tray in her hands at the empty spot right next Minae. She greeted the group and they happily replied back.

"I saved you a seat." Minae told her before taking a huge bite on her bread.

Sohee gave her a smile and thanked her for the seat.

"So, anything interesting happened today?" Soojung asked. She didn't specifically mentioned to who the question was for, so Jinri went first.

"I came in late for my first class but since it was the first day the teacher let me off the hook."

"Why were you even late?"

"Because I forgot to bring one of my books for the class. I realized that when I was about to reach the class door, so I had to run all way back to my locker-"

While Jinri went on with her whole story, Sohee was busy enjoying her lunch that she didn't catch up with most of the conversations. Oh boy, was she so hungry after listening to the non-stop literatures from her classes.

"Sohee!" Minae gave her a small nudge on the arm.

"What?"

"It's your turn."

"Oh," Sohee swallowed her rice before looking back at them, "Well nothing really happened other then getting homeworks on the first day."

Soojung raised a brow, "That's it? Nothing else?"

She shooked her head before swallowing another spoon of rice.

Minae huffed, "There's nothing really to expect from Sohee. She's always trying to stay out of troubles, get good grades and making sure to stay out of relationships."

"Don't we all have our own goals?" Sohee voiced out.

"But not everyone would actually stay loyal with their goals, especially your third goal." Luna shooked her head.

"Sohee's a miss goody two shoes. Mehrong!" Soojung said, playfully poking her tongue out at her as everyone else except for Sohee joined her.

Sohee scoffed, "Say whatever you want. I'm still keeping my goals."

Minae smirked, "We'll see about that."

Sohee could tell that Minae was already thinking of plans to ruin her "stay out of any relationships" goal and maybe even the first one. She was already determined to do just as according to her goals this year.

But little did she know, life had plenty of suprising plans for her to share with someone.

 

The final bell rang, signalling the students that it was time to head home. 

Sohee packed her stuffs into her bag before carrying it on her back and heading out of the class. Minae was already waiting for her outside of the room, leaning on the wall with her arms crossed.

"Hey!" Sohee greeted. 

"Hey!" Minae stood up from her pose and headed next to her with a smile, "Let's go."

The both of them then headed out of the school. Minae talked about how boring her classes were and where there was a cute guy who asked for her number in class but she messed it all up when she said that she shared the number with her grandma.

"I was really nervous, okay?! And I just had to mess it all up!!"

Sohee couldn't help but laugh  so hard. She couldn't believe Minae would mess up something like that, poor her for losing the chance to finally date a cute guy.

"Still, I get he's cute and all but have you really fallen head over heels for him?" 

Minae shook her head, "Honestly, I was only interested with his looks but no- I didn't gave him my number because of his looks but I thought maybe when we start talking and get to know each other more then maybe we'll learn something to like each other?"

"You're starting to talk like in one of those dramas, you know that?" Sohee snorted.

"Oh, Sohee. You just don't get it but that's probably because you haven't found the right one yet." Minae sighed.

Yet.

That word rang in her head repeatedly and started to have her mind elsewhere when Minae went back on about her messed up love life story.

It's not that Sohee never experienced those kind of things, she actually had but forgotten how it all felt like. The last time she had those kind of things happened to her was in elementery school which is probably the reason why she doesn't remember how those goody feelings- (like how Minae would like to call it) even felt like anymore.

"Woah!" Someone suddenly bumped into her from the back but he didn't look back and kept on walking, Sohee became unstable and was already stumbling backwards and was about to fall until a pair of arms caught her from the back.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!!" Minae shouted at the guy who bumped into her.

"Are you alright?" That voice...

Sohee looked up to face with the guy who had saved her from the fall. She was then faced with a very familiar baby face and crescent moon shaped eyes. She gaped and couldn't get any words to come out from her lips.

"Well, it's you again," He chuckled with an amused face, "What is this? Fate?"

Fate? That word sounds kind of funny to her.

The sound of Minae clearing out made Sohee realized in what situation she was in right now, quickly she got off from his arms and stood properly while facing him.

"Thanks for saving me again I guess," She nodded at him.

He shrugged, "It's nothing."

Sohee looked down at his name tag, "Kim..."

"Jinhwan!" 

The both of them turned their attention towards the voice which actually belonged to a familiar person. There was Hanbin standing a few meters away and looking at them with his most famous blank face. 

"Well, seems like I have to go catch up on someone again." The guy named Jinhwan said, giving her his angelic eyesmile, "If we ever end up like this again, then there must be something very special about you that fate wanted us to keep accidentally meeting each other. See you around, Sohee."

He winked at her before running off to where his friend at. Sohee watched as he ran to him, her eyes later made contact with Hanbin's blank expression that was actually staring back at her.

She didn't really felt the chills like how the rumors had it but they were right about how cold he is towards everyone. One of the evindences would be the part when he bumped into her and didn't even apologize nor spare a glance.

Sohee was first to look away but ended up facing with Minae who had her eyes narrowed at her.

"And you said nothing happened when we had that talk with F(x)," Minae leaned her face closer with arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, "Explain?"

Sohee shrugged, "It's really nothing. We just happened to bump into each other twice today."

"He knows your name though."

She actually didn't realize the weird fact about Jinhwan knowing her name.

"He probably found out from my name tag." Sohee started walking to the direction of her house while Minae still stayed on her pose.

"But, Sohee... you're not wearing your name tag today, remember?"

She then stopped in her track right after she realized that Minae was right. She forgot to wear her name tag today because she was in a hurry to school.

Then how the hell did he-

 


The first day of the finals got delayed because of the haze going on in the states, hopefully tomorrow will go well. I have english test tomorrow so yeah I guess this chapter was a revision? LOL

I somehow find it fun to write about f(x) when they talk together in groups with Minae and Sohee. Probably because I imagine their conversations like the ones I'd usually have with my friends in school? Also, now I've revealed Jinhwan and so far you guys know that Jinhwan and Bobby are Hanbin's best friends. Bobby still haven't made an appearance yet but he deffinitely will pretty soon (;

Other ikon members will be revealed real soon in the future updates. I will go back studying now, have a nice day o/