Sixth Sense

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To the other members, Himchan always stare into blank spaces. They are already used to it, so does Himchan. He is used to 'them' whom always appear out of nowhere; especially the dark. Some will walk by past him, some will stare back at him with certain facial expressions while some will even talk to him. It was a lot worse when he first discovered his gift when he was as young as 7 years old.

 

*******************

It was midnight when Himchan suddenly woken up by an irritating sound that disturbed his sweet dream; he have no idea his sweet dream was about to turn nightmare.

 

"Pssst!"

 

7-years-old-Himchan furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"I'm trying to sleep noona!" He was confident it must be his older sister. Himchan shifted to the right and ignores her.

 

"Pssst!!" This time followed by a giggle. How annoying! Himchan actually sat up on his bed because it was too loud. Himchan frowned, scratching the non-itching back of his head in distress.

 

"What do you want?!" Himchan cried and yawn at the same time with his eyes still closed. He just wanted to sleep off the weekend. He went to bed just few minutes ago after finishing his homework. Well, he actually went outside to play with his friends first until his mother scolded him for not putting school first before the playground.

 

He was sure he heard another giggle. Sounds like a little girl's giggle; it was a bit high pitched. Himchan forces himself to get out of the bed and walk towards the voice. Himchan rubbed his eyes and when he opened them, he just found out he followed the voice to the window. That made his eyes widen because Himchan's room is on the second floor. Is it possible that someone climbed up to his window.. or fly?! No way!

 

Himchan took one step back and tried to figure out what just happened. He then looked out the window but it was too dark, he almost cannot see anything. Only 2 streetlights lit the road. The rest was pitch black. He looked at his digital clock on his bedside table, it was 1.03 AM. Himchan then felt goosebumps all of a sudden and he surely do not want to continue this. Tears are pooling in his eyes although he was not sure what just disturbed his sleep. Himchan tried to run back to his bed but he felt someone caught his ankle, which causes him to fall flat on his stomach.

 

He saw it.

 

Under his bed.

 

What he thought was a little girl's voice waking him up turns out belongs to a wrinkly old lady under his bed.

 

She smiles from ear to ear.

 

Long black fingernails.

 

Pointy wrinkly nose.

 

Red eyes.

 

Long white hair.

 

Himchan is scarred for life. He screamed all his heart out and his tears are flowing crazily. The old lady found it funny and she laughs. Her laughter is so annoying that Himchan closes both of his ears with his small palms.

 

"Himchan?! Are you okay?!" Both of his parents stormed into his room. His mother ran towards him and embraces him in a hug in order to calm him down while his father was holding a bat as a weapon in case there was an intruder.

 

The old lady was still there. Looking at the 3 of them. Himchan cries harder because the old lady starts to crawl her way out of under his bed.

 

"Appa!" Himchan cried his heart out, pointing his index finger to the old lady. The old lady's smile widen, showing her mouldy teeth. But both of his parents cannot see anything. His father then the lights.

 

The old lady screamed in pain and crawled back to under the bed. Himchan begged his parents to let him sleep with them but his parents thought Himchan was only having a nightmare, that Himchan was only imagining things.

 

"You need to be brave, Himchan. There is nothing there," his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter