Four

X Degrees of Separation

4.

Kim Sungkyu shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the restaurant, having sat in the exact same posture for the past fifteen minutes that his back was starting to ache. He peered towards the door before eyeing the time on his watch again. He should’ve never made that stupid bet with Nam Woohyun and Lee Sungyeol if he knew he was going to lose, now he was forced to attend this set-up those pabos had eagerly planned for him with a rumbling stomach and a date who was MIA.

 

Guess punctuality isn’t valued any longer…

 

As Sungkyu contemplated the many wrong life choices he had made in his life (befriending those two idiots was one of them), his vision registered that of a person that had just entered through the door, eyes fleeting around the restaurant before settling on him.

 

Great, what a joke.

 

His knew his friends were dumb, but he didn’t know their stupidity had invaded their brains this much they actually set him up with aunderage kid man.

 

Sungkyu had known he was bi-ual for a period of time now, and while he enjoyed the curves a woman’s body possessed, it also pleased him to admire the defined muscles and lean abs on a man. The exclusive kind of masculinity that could only be exuded from a man would make his face heat and his heart race.

 

The question was ‘How did his friends know he liked men too?’

 

He decided then and there that he would add this moment as the worst life choice he had committed as he stayed rooted to his chair, losing the opportunity to bolt out the door while he could and now he was left to survey the male that was walking towards him.

 

The male’s attire, a sweater with bold patterns splashed across the centre, a long sleeved shirt tied around his waist and skinny jeans which hugged his legs, further attested Sungkyu’s beliefs that his friends had sent a juvenile his way.

 

The face and physique in front of him was also nothing like the figures from Sungkyu’s dreams. While Sungkyu had always imagined he would be attracted to someone with mature features, this guy had boyish charms that made him look no more than twenty years old. Round eyes, button nose, and his lips…. Okay fine his lips looked extremely kissable if only he would stop displaying that shy smile every now and then.

 

Unknown to twenty seven years old Kim Sungkyu, his pheromones had started their work the moment he was struck by cupid’s arrow.

 

Hi, you’re waiting for someone right? I think that’s me… Can I sit down?

 

The young male blinked earnestly as he dropped the question.

 

Yeah... sure... Just to be clear, you're not underage are you?

 

What started as an awkward first encounter with name and age introductions (Lee Howon was twenty four thank god) in order soon melted away into a two-way conversation with easy banter and endless chatters. Somehow their flow of topics would enable Howon to find out that Sungkyu sings and for Sungkyu to acquire the knowledge that Howon dances. They would even find out that they had attended the same kindergarten back when they were young, and again the same university, and they would laugh at how they probably would have met each other earlier if fate had played out their cards a different way. What they would not know was that Sungkyu was the reason for Howon’s fall back when he was three, and Howon was the reason Sungkyu could walk home warm that winter afternoon. But hey, it is in these unknowns that makes each persons’ lives so unpredictable yet interesting.

 

Later on they would also figure out that they were not meant to be each other’s dates at all. Sungkyu’s friends, through all their insanity, had actually decided to be proper and decent for once, setting him up with a female date, which meant Sungkyu had left the girl hanging in the restaurant for a few hours cursing Woohyun and Sungyeol to the ground. Howon’s own friend, Jang Dongwoo whom Sungkyu would get acquainted with really well later on, had set him up with a male, but he had got the time wrong and pushed Howon to arrive at the restaurant an hour early. The look of genuine surprise their friends gave them while they recounted how they met was enough to wipe off any initial thoughts Sungkyu had on pranking his friends because hey they only meant well right?

 

Approximately four more dates later, Sungkyu would grin in satisfaction when he realised that Howon’s built was nothing like he had initially imagined. Howon was thin, yes, but well-defined abs commanded his body. He was not bulky, but his muscles were firm and protruded nicely around him.

 

On his all-too-small single sized bed, Sungkyu would smile adoringly as he glanced at the sight of a panting male underneath him, face flushed as he attempted to regain his breathing. Howon would trail butterfly kisses around his boyfriend’s neck, and Sungkyu would flash him a playful grin before returning the favour, making his markings in the form of red hickes along that sensitive zone above his collarbone before capturing his lips in a wild kiss.

 

Scrap that list of worst life choices he had mentally compiled in his head, him staying rooted in his chair all those nights ago while Lee Howon approached him had got to be hands-down the best decision he had ever made in his life.

 

Sungkyu had scored himself the perfect package. The Howon who idolised him, big baby Howon whom he could shower his unconditional love towards; Howon who would occasionally turn into a beast in bed awaiting Sungkyu’s taming, the Howon whom he loves and who loves him back.

 

This is the story of two men who almost never got to meet, but thankfully, fate had in its twisted way pulled them together. As they say, the force is strong on this one!  

 

 

---------------------------------

Author's Note: Lol at the Star Wars reference. Howon didn't sit through that whole movie marathon all those nights ago without some takeaway!

Hogyu is dead, and so is this story... Nah, I'm just kidding but Hogyu interactions have been rare and few recently + lo-anlurui and I have been spazzing over Wooya so much I'm gonna focus on my other story now. 

This was never meant to be a long story anyway! 

Extra Note: Voting for MAMA awards have started!! INFINITE's been nominated for a couple of awards and it'd mean the world to them and to us if they win right! Help them achieve those wins guys -> M Wave

Comments are appreciated. Thank you!