Chapter 5

You Are, To Me

"I'm right, aren't I? You're a girl." he continues. "'How's oppa?' I heard you."

I gulped and said nothing. He grins and pushes himself off the wall. He opens the door and I grab his arm, pulling him back which had him slam the door shut.

"You're not going to say anything, right?!" I ask him. "Only my managers knows about this!"

"Why'd you even debut as a guy?" he asks me, removing his arm from my grasp roughly. It seemed to have made him angry. I'm not surprised. I basically lied to him about something he would have never guessed.

"My manager chose me off the sidewalk to audition, so I auditioned. Everyone assumed I was a guy at first glance, even you guys. I told my manager I was a girl, but he told me to stay as a male for the sake of his job and the entertainment. Also because President kept looking for a guy singer to debut." I told him, with a begging tone in my voice. ChangKyun looked at me, not believing what I was saying at first. He then sighs and turns his back to me. He doesn't say anything and walks back into the dorm. I followed after him, nervous, and everyone inside stared at us. I was so close to crying.

"What happened? We just saw the door open and then slam shut. MinHyuk almost dropped his ramen." HoSeok says, looking at the two of us.

"I have news." ChangKyun says. I look at him with my eyes wide. I step in front of him and already, a tear fell and streamed down my cheek. I could tell that my eyes showed desperation and fear, but his face stayed serious. I was about to go on my knees, to beg him not to tell them. Then, he grins.

"What? They're your friends as well. They should also know, not me." he says, sounding super cheerful. I didn't know what was going on, but tears kept falling. I turned around quickly and ran into my room, slamming the door. I sit on my bed and bury my face in my hands. I tried hard not to cry, only sniffs came out. I wiped my tears and a minute later, I hear the door open.

"Go away ChangKyun!" I said, assuming it was him.

"Rude." he says. I was right, it was him. He doesn't listen to me and sits on KiHyun's bed. "Come on. Why are you crying?"

"Why am I crying?! You told them, didn't you?!" I shouted at him. He laughs and I look at him confused.

"Of course I didn't. Well, I told them that you were moving out." he says.

"Moving out?!" I shout. He sighs and nods.

"We can't have a girl in this dorm, whether they know you are one or not. So you're going out tomorrow morning. I'll tell your manager as well." he says, calmly. I just stared at the ground. I couldn't believe this just happened.

"I thought you were going to tell them. I didn't want you to because I know they'll hate me if they found out." I said, my voice breaking.

"I know about you. Do I hate you?" he says. I look at him.

"You hated me before you even knew."

"Wow, do you really see me like that?" he says, his face looking slightly annoyed. "And the fact you're a girl makes me seem more like a bad person."

I just sighed.

"Is everything okay?" KiHyun says, walking in. "Everyone's worried because it looked like Jimin was about to burst into tears."

"I'm fine. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning." I say. "My uh...hyung...came, so I'll stay with him since I hardly see him."

KiHyun sighed and gave me a comforting smile. He then leaves the room.

"Wait, you said your brother was leaving in two days? Well, I heard your phone conversation." ChangKyun says.

"Well, thanks to you I can go see him now. But ugh, I have my debut performance the day after he elaves." I groan, laying down on my bead. I hear ChangKyun mutter something to himself.

"Okay! Fine! Stay here." he says. I quickly sit up and look at him. He's avoiding eye contact. I smile and get up and quickly hug him tight.

"Thank you!" I kept repeating, over and over again. I was hugging him so tight that I probably ended up crushing his bones.

"I'll tell them your brother just refused." he says. I kept hugging him and stopped when I realized how our position was. I looked down at him and noticed my arms were wrapped around his neck and my body in between his legs. My eyes widened and I pushed myself away from him, falling back onto my bed. We both averted eye contact, and ChangKyun cleared his throat.

"I can't believe that we've been living with a girl for the past month." he says. We still didn't make eye contact.

"You're sharing a room with hyung too. How does he notice?" he continues. He gets up and walks out the room.

"Jimin is staying." I hear him say. I walk out the room as well. "His brother doesn't want to be in the way of his career."

MinHyuk quickly got up and ran to me, hugging me as soon as he saw me. He shouted with joy since I'm staying. I started to laugh. I looked over at ChangKyun and he's giving me a weird look. Maybe because he now knows I'm a girl, but everyone else still sees me as a guy.

 

I got to hang out with my brother before he went back home in America. When he heard that I debuted as a male, he wouldn't stop laughing. I showed him my music video and he was surprised that I acted perfectly as a guy. He even said I was better looking than he was. I told him that in publib, I'll have to call him hyung, and he cringed. But he said he'll get used to it just for m.e

Right now, I'm waiting backstage for my debut performance. HoSeok tried calming me down, saying I have it easier than many. I'm not dancing, just singing, unlike most idols. 

They weren't backstage with me, but they called me about every 10 minutes, asking if I was okay and giving me advice.

I finally go on stage and I get introduced. I see my now fans in the front section, with small posters with my name on it.

I start singing and at first I was kind of shaky, but I got used to it. I sang like if I've been singing on stage my entire life. When I finished, they all cheered and I walked off proudly.

My manager gave me a huge hug.

"I can't thank you enough! Are you okay with this? Pretending to be a guy? You're not sad?" he asks me quietly. I shrugged. I mean, I guess I can try and live a double life. If I ever wanted to quit, I could just grow my hair out. Or I could use a wig and dress girl. I'm naturally into guy stuff, so it'd be a bit hard.

"You really saved my job though. Ah, be prepared. You are the main piece of this entertainment. The president will be making you busy, since you're being famous very quick and bringing money and popularity to the entertainment. His main focus is going to be you." he tells me.

 

I quickly arrive back at the dorms and the first thing I see is Monsta X standing together near the table that's filled with food.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"They decided to waste food on you." ChangKyun says with no emotion at all.

"It's not a waste!" MinHyul shouts. JooHeon grabs my arm and pulls me to the table. We all ate together.

"You performed well." KiHyun tells me. I swallow my food and give him a smile.

"Thanks. I was really nervous."

"It didn't show. You did really well!" HyunWoo adds. I just smile, and continue eating.

"It wasn't that great." ChangKyun says. Everyone glared at him.

"What are you talking about? For one month of training, that was amazing!" HyungWon shotus, ruffling my hair. I chuckled and thank him. ChangKyun scoffs and looks away, not touching his food.

"You know what's amazing? The whole one month she's been here." ChangKyun says. We both quickly looked at each other with wide eyes. We knew that he said 'she'.

"She?" KiHyun asks. I kept looking at ChangKyun. He was in his own world for a second before speaking.

"Yeah! She! You know that girl you guys keep calling my girlfriend? She's been here for one month already." he says very fast.

"Oh really? Wow, that is amazing since none of us even knew." MinHyuk says, buying it. "But since when did you care?"

"I don't!" ChangKyun shotued. Everyone laughed. I can't believe we got away with that so easily.

I walked up to ChangKyun and grabbed his arm, dragging him to my room. I locked the doro and stood in front of him with my arms crossed. He looks at me as if he doesn't know what's going on. I smacked the back of his head.

"Ow!" he says, rubbing it.

"Be more careful with what you say!" I shout. He scoffs, which made me groan. I looked around the room. "I swear because of you I'm going to be figured out!"

"Okay, no one is going to suspect you're a girl after I said that." he says. I shook my head and messed up my hair in anger, even though I don't know why I'm so frustrated.

We both hear a knock on the door.

"Guys!" We hear KiHyun shout. I go to open the door but tripped on a cable on the floor. To stop myself from falling, I grabbed ChangKyun who was right in front of me by reflex. He didn't keep his balance, causing him to walk backwards and slam his own body against the door. We both looked at each other for a while and then I realized he was holding my waist, to catch me from falling down. I push myself off him and open the door. KiHyun both gave us weird looks.

"ChangKyun, uhm, we have an interview to go to tomorrow. President-Woo told us that it's going to be about our comeback. Oh, and for some reason they want to interview us about Jimin." he says.

"Me?!" I shout.

"I don't know why, but they're going to ask us about you." he says, and then shrugs before he leaves the room.

 

**ChangKyun's P.O.V**

It was midnight and everyone was gone in their rooms, either sleeping or probably on their phones. I was just sitting alone in the living room. As I was about to get up and go to sleep myself, I see KiHyun walk out his room. He looks at me, a bit taken by surprise. He then got himself back together and walked towards me.

"I thought you'd be awake, but I didn't expect you to be out here. You nearly gave me a heart attack, considering how dark it is." he says.

"Sorry hyung." I tell him.

"Anyways, I wanted to ask you something." he says. "You know abuot Jimin, don't you?"

"I know about Jimin?" I say, confused.

"Yeah, you know who she is, right?" he says, whispering and emphasizing the word 'she'. My eyes grew wide when I realized that's what he meant, and he laughed softly.

"I found out yesterday." I start explaining. "Wait, since when did you-"

"I knew since the first day I trained her. Her hands were soft and small, and she didn't allow me to touch her chest when she said she was feeling some chest pains. She even blushed and got very flustered. Only a girl would act that way towards a guy." he says.

"So you two share a room together, and you knew the entire time?" I say, and he nods while grinning.

"Also, since you know as well who she is, I'm going to tell you this secret that you won't be able to tell anyone, even if you wanted to. Because if you do, it'll ruin not only Jimin's career, but the relationship between our group. And I know you care about both." he says, walking closer to me. "I...like...Jimin."

He smiles at me and walks back to his room. I didn't know how to respond or even think about the way he was acting just now. I shook my head. Hyung never acts this way; he probably really does like her. I shook my head again, and walked into my room, going to sleep.