Chapter 1

You Are, To Me

I don't know how or why it ended up like this, but it did. And I'm completely happy about it. It's funny how in just a year, this all happened. And nobody but 7 guys plus a few, know about it.

***

"When are you going to stop being a tomboy?" my best friend, Yoo ChaeMin, asks. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I never went dress, make-up, or high-heel shopping with you. Man, you've gotten so into your tomboy phase that even some girls mistaken you as a guy." she says. "Remember last week, when the young waitress lowered the price of our food because of you?"

I laughed.

"Some people even think you're my boyfriend, Soo Jimin! Your name is both feminine and male-like! It's hard to clear misunderstandings like that!" she adds. I laugh even harder, and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm hungry. Let's go out to eat." I said. "Maybe I'll get the next female waitress to lower the price."

She rolls her eyes but then accepts my offer. We quickly got ready and left our apartment.

 

After we ate, we saw a crowd of girls surrounding a building. I got curious and decided to check it out for myself.

"Oh? Is there a celebrity here? All these girls are holding posters and signs." ChaeMin asks, following after me. I tried to read the names on the posters.

"Lim...ChangKyun? Yoo...KiHyun?? Lee...JooHeon?!" I read. My eyes widened up when I realized who those names were. I read another sign. "Mon...sta...X!"

"Ch-ChaeMin...they're here for Monsta X." I stuttered. I tried to look over the fans, and I hear ChaeMin chuckle.

"Man, you really are in love with them. You should just become a singer and befriend them. You're voice is amazing and I'm sure if you audition for the entertainment, they would totally accept you." she says.

"Is his voice really nice?" we hear someone say behind us. We turned around and saw a man with a suit, standing before us.

"Oh, amazing!" ChaeMin tells him.

"Okay. You then, come with me." the man says, walking away. I stood, confused.

"Follow!" he shouts. I panicked and looked at ChaeMin. She just shrugged and told me to just go, so I did. I noticed her following behind me just in case something bad happened.

We walked into this huge building and into a huge room. Before me was three people.

One guy, who looked confused. A lady, who raised her eyebrows as soon as she saw me. And, another man who looked annoyed and stressed out.

"President, trust me on this one. This guy can sing amazingly, and I promise you that he'll be good for the entertainment." the man who brought me here said. The man who looked confused sighs.

"Fine. I'll only let you do this one more time. If he is no good, then you're fired." he says. I barely realized that they kept saying "he". They all think I'm a guy. I thought ChaeMin was overreacting when she said people think I'm a male as soon as they see me, but I guess not.

"Please, sing for them. For me." the man says with a whisper. I looked at the three people for a while, not knowing what's going on. He doesn't know how I even sing. But then, I ended up singing a ballad song just to get this all over with. I sang a verse and a chorus, and then they stopped me.

"He's amazing. Go and get him trained quickly. We need him to debut as soon as the next month hits." The president shouts with joy. "Oh! What's your name young man?"

"Uh...Uhm...Soo Jimin?" I say. I was about to mention how I was not a boy, but then the lady stood up.

"Ah, finally. Our company needed a new fresh face of a male solo artist. We have so many groups and female artists, a male one is just what we needed. And with that voice, too. Welcome Jimin."

I nodded, and the man pulled me out.

"Thank you! You saved my life! My job! And I even got you a chance to become an artist! You're going to debut as an idol! And so soon!" he shouts, hugging me.

"But...but...I'm a girl." I told him quietly. He stopped cheering and slowly let go of me. His eyes were wide.

"A...a...a girl?" he whispers. I nodded my head. "But you sure give off a manly vibe, and how you look! That explains your voice. I thought you were just one of those guys who could hit high notes and sound so graceful. Oh, please don't come clean to them! Don't give up this offer! They'll kick you out and fire me if they find out that you're actually a girl. They're not looking for that right now! Please, for my job! And this company!" he shouts at me, going onto his knees. My eyes widened, seeing how serious he was about this. "I'll be your manager! So you won't have to worry about being figured out!"

"I..." I start, but stop as soon as I see 8 guys walking towards us. My "manager" quickly stood up as he noticed where I was looking. One of them was the president, the other was...Monsta X. I froze up.

"Jimin! Ah, Soo Jimin! Meet these guys! They'll be helping you with your training for the next month for your debut." the president says. "Go on guys. Introduce yourselves."

One by one, they said their names with a smile, until you reached ChangKyun. He just sighed and went, "I.M."

"I am...?" I said, forgetting that I.M was his stage name. I was so used to calling him by ChangKyun that I didn't realize. He scoffed and looked straight at me.

"I...M. That's my name. I'm guessing you don't know us." he states.

"Ah, ChangKyun-ah!" MinHyuk shouts. "Aish, ignore him. That's his stage name, I.M. His real name is Lim ChangKyun and-"

"Don't bother." ChangKyun says, cutting him off mid-sentence. MinHyuk slightly nodded and rolled his eyes.

"Ah, okay! Okay! First things first! Since I added you in our company out of nowhere, we don't really have a place for you to stay. So I decided that you will be staying with them, until we can get you a place." the president says. All of our eyes widened. "You guys have an extra room right?"

"No. We gave it to KiHyun hyung because he didn't want to share." ChangKyun says. The president's face looked worried.

"It's okay. I don't mind sharing with the trainee. It'd be fun!" KiHyun says. "Jimin, right?"

I nodded.

"Great! Okay! Let's go!" the president shouted, his mood being brought very much up.

 

I arrived at their dorm and KiHyun immediately took me to his room.

"You're lucky I barely moved into this room. We haven't taken out the extra bed so you can have that now." he says, giving me a very friendly smile. My heart started to beat. I'm going to be living with Monsta X.

"How old are you, by the way?" he asks.

"19." I reply. He chuckles and then nods.

"Ah. Now you and ChangKyun are the youngest in this house."

I smiled a little and he walked closer to me.

"Jimin. You're a fan of ours, huh? I saw your eyes widen as soon as we showed up. And you stuttured ChangKyun's stage name, unless you actually didn't know his name was I.M." he says.

"I knew it was I.M. I just always mentioned him by ChangKyun." I told him.

"So I'm guessing he's your favorite?" KiHyun asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Wow, is it that obvious?" I asked. He laughs and then nods.

"Well, of course! It's rare seeing a guy freeze up in front of guy groups. It's kind of obvious. You didn't expect ChangKyunie to act that way, huh? If you were a girl, he'd probably be a bit nicer." he says. "ChangKyun's a wimp when it comes to girl. He tries to act tough but we all know he's not."

He smiles at me, pats my head, and then leads me out the room.

"ChangKyun and JooHeon's room is over there. That's MinHyuk and HyungWon's. And this one is HyunWoo and HoSeok's." he tells me.

I see ChangKyun walk out the kitchen and I got really excited. He had a pieace of bread in his hand and was looking at his phone.

"ChangKyun-ah. By the way, President-Woo told me that you should take Jimin clothes shopping. You know, since we just took him to our home immediately." KiHyun shouts.

"Mwo?!" both ChangKyun and I shouted. But I shouted it in my head. "Why me?!"

"Because you weren't kind to him. He wants you two to get along." KiHyun laughs. ChangKyun groaned.

"Fine. Be ready in 30 minutes." ChangKyun says, and goes into his room.

"President-Woo actually asked MinHyuk to go with you, but we both insisted that ChangKyun needs to like you if we're going to be living together. And since you two are the same age, it should be easier." he tells me.

 

We ended up at a pretty expensive clothing store. I look around and couldn't believe the prices on these clothes. Just then I remembered, I'm suppose to be a dude. I'm here, looking at the guyish female clothes.

"Yah! What are you doing? Those are female clothes!" ChangKyun shouts at me, gesturing me to go over to him. I go and he scoffs when I stand in front of him.

"How am I suppose to pay for this?" I asked. He looks at me, confused.

"You don't have any money?" he asks. I shook my head.

"Well first, you guys immediately brought me to your dorms. Second, even if I had my wallet with me, I still wouldn't even have half of the money enough to pay for any of this."I said. ChangKyun mutters something under his breath. He then removed his hoodie that kept him hidden and took off his sunglasses. A lady who was passing by had a daughter who recognized him right away. She gasped loudly and a few people looked over. ChangKyun smiles wide and winks at her.

He then grabs my arm and drags me to the cashier lady.

"He needs new clothes. Maybe like, 4 outfits for now?" he said. My eyes got wide. She looks very young and seemed to know who he was. She immediately went for clothes.

"You're getting a discount, aren't you?" I asked. He chuckles. "Using your fame for cheaper prices, I see?"

He looks at me and smiles a little. It seemed so friendly. Maybe because young fans are looking.

"Jimin, I'm doing no such thing." he says. Then he holts his head towards me as to remember something. "Oh, before we left, KiHyun hyung told me that you're a fan of ours."

I just looked at him.

"And that I'm your favorite?"

My eyes widened and he was looking at me serious.

"A-aniyo! I'm a guy! That's just weird!" I shouted, hoping I wasn't blushing. ChangKyun laughs really hard, holding his stomach.

I look at him a bit confused. The "real" him I saw was so cold. But, I guess in front of fans he really tries his best to be happy and kind.

"You sound like such a girl." he says, still laughing. I kind of freeze up. I need to watch how I act. I guess even as a tomboy, I'm still very girly.

He stops laughing and looks at me. He walks closer and I end up against a clothes rack. He puts both of his hands behind his back and he leans close to me, and my eyes widen. He tilts his head and raises an eyebrow.

"Jimin-ah, I'm your favorite?" he says.

"What? Are you gay?" I asked. He looks at how close he was to me and then the people staring at us behind him. His eyes widened, and he quickly puts his arm around my shoulders and ruffles my hair.

"You're a funny one!" he says, fairly loud. I pushed myself away from him and scoff. The lady comes back with 4 nice looking outfits.

"Thank you." ChangKyun says, handing me the clothes. He pays and pushes me out.

"Wait. How do I know if these even fit me?" I asked. He groans.

"If they don't fit you, you could use some of mine." he says.

 

"Let's go. I know it's like 8pm, but you'll train tonight until maybe 2am." President-Woo says. "MinHyuk, KiHyun! You'll train him vocally tonight."

We ended up in the vocal room and MinHyuk handed me a bottle of water. I nodded and took a small sip.

They turned strict when training me. They weren't harsh, but they weren't playing around either. They taught me good breathing skills and good posture to help my singing. They had me sing some of their songs for practice as well, and they said that I'll do great when I debut. They said that I learned fast, and I catch onto things very quick.

"You'll get big very quickly, I can tell." MinHyuk says. I smiled and drank some of my water.

I felt a pinching pain on my chest. I hold onto it and hit it, thinking it'll make the pain go away.

"Jimin-ah. Are you okay?" KiHyun asks. He comes closer and I see him lift up his hand. I watch it and notice that it's heading for my chest. My eyes widen and I held onto my chest and his hand ended up on mine. I looked at him, and he's just staring at our hands. then, he slowly smiles and removes his hand off of mine. Both MinHyuk and I raised our eyebrows.

"Wow. What type of lotion do you use? Your hands are soft." KiHyun says. MinHyuk quickly grabs both of my hands, having me drop the bottle of water.

"U-wah! They are really soft!"

I couldn't help but chuckle. MinHyuk kept holding my hand and KiHyun walked towards the exit.

"Okay, it's almost 2am. Let's go home." he said.