Dinner

Guilty

Minji trudged along to her 4th period class. She knew if she didn't get Taehyung to come along, Jin would be suspicious. 
She sighed, why did her brother have to be so generous?

"H-hey Taehyung." Minji stuttered as she slowly sat down.

"What do you want?" He replied, only moving his eyes to meet hers. He was resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"Well, you're going to really hate this bu–"

"Can you just get to the point? Make it less than twenty seconds." He snapped, making Minji jump a little.

"My brother asked why I was late when I came back home today and I said I was talking to a new friend" Minji quickly said. "So he wants you to join us for dinner." She muttered the last part.

Taehyung arched his eyebrow, "You consider me a friend?"

"I don't but I had to lie to him! Play along please... It's just for one night."

"Well don't I feel special." He rolled his eyes. "Are you trying to k– Actually, i'll go." Taehyung cut himself off. He needed to figure things out and this was one step of the way for him.

"You will? Oh, thank god." Minji sighed in relief.

"Don't get your hopes too high... I don't know what you're planning but... If I catch on I–"

"It's time to get started on our lesson today."

Taehyung gave Minji one last glare as the teacher settled in with the class.

What did I do to deserve this... 
Minji sighed and started writing down her notes.

--

"Come on friend." Taehyung forcefully chirped and put his arm over Minji as they walked out of the classroom.

"W-what? Taehyung, we're going to lunch... School hasn't ended yet." Minji said in a high pitched voice. She was confused and surprised as well over Taehyung's attitude.

He rolled his eyes and glared at her, "We might as well practice right? It'll be super awkward if we just suddenly do some improv ."

I could also figure things out if I become closer to you... 
Taehyung's eyes darkened.

Minji softly nodded. "You're right... But you can take your arm off of me."

He only pulled her body closer to him as they walked, "But isn't this what great friends do?" He teased.

Her eye twitched as she heard that sentence. She wanted Jimin or Jungkook with her. This was too awkward and she needed someone she actually knew.

Taehyung smirked as he led her into the cafeteria, "which table will we be sitting at?" He asked sweetly. Too sweetly.

Minji uncomfortably shifted as she pointed to the table she always sat at with Jimin and Jungkook.

"Great! Let's go, friend!" He took his arm off of her and headed over.

Minji groaned, "Call me something else!"

Taehyung thought for a while after sitting down, "How about Minnie?"

"Why Minni- Ow!" She brought her foot up.

"Sorry, you're so short, I didn't see you there. Minnie is quite suiting, huh?" He asked.

She bit her lip, "You could've just told me!" 

"That wouldn't have been fun, now would it?" Taehyung chuckled.

"It would've been less painful..." 

"Minji?"

Minji turned her head and saw Jimin and Jungkook standing side by side.

"Hey guys! Feel free to sit with me and Taehyung if you'd like!" Minji exclaimed with desperate eyes. 

Jungkook awkwardly sat down across from them with Jimin. 

"So..." Jimin trailed off.

Taehyung forced a smile, "Kim Taehyung..."

"Oh right! I have to introduce myself. Uhm... Uh... Park Jimin. He's Jeon Jungkook." Jimin quickly said.

"Yeah..." Jungkook nodded.

Minji sighed, "It's just for today... H-"

"I'd actually love to get to know the three of you." Taehyung cut her off and clasped his hands together.

"W-what?! I thought... But you..." Minji lost her ability to speak.

"Are you afraid of something Kim Minji?" He tested her.

"I'm afraid of your sudden change in attitude."

As Minji fumbled with her lunch, Jimin coughed, "So uh... Jungkook likes someone." He blurted out. He tried to change the subject as if today was normal like every other day.

"Hyung!" Jungkook whined and covered Jimin's mouth. 

Jimin's eyes widened as he placed both of his hands on top of Jungkook's to cover his mouth as well. 

Taehyung decided to try and get comfortable.
He took a deep breath before he looked at Jungkook.

"Who is it?" 

"No one!" Jungkook defended.

"Yeah! No one!" Jimin nervously backed him up. 

Minji stared at him, "Jimin... You just told us Jungkook likes a girl." 

"No I didn't." 

"Yes you did."

"I did not." 

Jungkook sighed, "I like a girl named Jieun..." 

Jimin looked at him with his mouth agape but played along when Jungkook nudged him. 

"She's the one with light brown hair and big eyes." Jimin whispered.

Minji's lips curved into a smile, "I know her!"

Jungkook's eyebrows raised as his eyes widened, "don't tell her!"

"I won't, I won't. I can try to set you up though." 

Jungkook stared at her sadly before whispering to himself, "Don't do that either..."

--

Taehyung stared at the address Minji gave him and stared at her house. He crumped the paper and threw it off somewhere. He knew this house. 

Minji wouldn't give herself away that easily...
Taehyung sighed. He wanted to know who she was. He wanted to know if she was the demonic being he knew of. He needed to know. 

Taehyung bravely took a step forward. He continued walking until he reached the front of the door. With shaking hands, he knocked. 

Once.

Twice. 

He waited a few seconds before the door opened. 

There stood a man with broad shoulders with light brown hair. His bangs covered his eyes a little. Taehyung didn't recognize anything of this man except his eyes. They looked familiar. 
His plump lips moved to speak, 
"Hello." He chimed.

"Hi..." Taehyung trailed off. 

"May I help you?" The man politely asked. 

"I'm uh... Minji's friend." Taehyung quietly said.

"Oh! You must be Taehyung! My name is Seokjin but you can just call me Jin." The man gave out a cheeky smile as he took Taehyung's hand from his side and shook it. "Nice to meet you!" 

Taehyung's eyes were wide open. He wasn't exactly comfortable with this. 

"N-nice to meet you too..." He stuttered as Jin ushered him inside. 

"You came just as I finished cooking!" Jin said before he called Minji to come down.

Minji trudged down the stairs with her head low. Boy, she never felt embarrassed in her life.

"Hey Tae..." She forcefully cracked a smile.

He smirked, "Hey Minnie." 

Minji rolled her eyes at the memory and went to help Jin set the table. 

After the food was set, Jin had everyone sit down.

"Take as much as you like." Jin smiled at Taehyung. 

Taehyung nodded, unsure of what to say. 

"So..." Minji said, trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

"Did you move here for a reason?" Jin asked as he took a mouthful of food.

"My older brother said the school here would be much better." Taehyung lied.

Jin swallowed and cocked his head "Just your brother? What about your parents?" 

"They're dead." 

"Oh."

"Yeah." 

"I'm sorry." 

"It's okay, you don't need to apologize." Taehyung stared at him with dark eyes.

You don't need to apologize if you don't feel bad.

"The best thing to do is remember the happy memories they brought instead of thinking they're just dead." Jin genuinely smiled.

Don't give me that fake smile.

"Yeah... Thanks." Taehyung gave a half-assed smile.

Minji had the urge to reach out again, but she kept her hands to herself. 

"So, how has Minji been in class?" Jin raised an eyebrow.

"We only have one period together!" Minji exclaimed. 

"She seems to like staring at my face a lot. It's kind of creepy." Taehyung shrugged. 

"W-what?!" Minji looked over to him in disbelief.

"Interesting... I'll talk to her later about it." Jin glared over to his little sister. 

"But... I don't even..." 

Taehyung smirked as he watched her stumble word after word. He kind of enjoyed teasing her like this. Maybe coming to the dinner wasn't so bad after all. He chuckled at the thought. 

Jin brought him back to reality, however. 

"Do you not like the food? I can cook something else if you want."

"Excuse me?" Taehyung asked Jin to repeat himself.

"You haven't had a single bite." 

"Oh... These aren't poisoned right?" Taehyung stared at him with wide eyes. 

"What? No." Jin took from the bowl in the middle and ate. "See? I'm perfectly fine." 

Taehyung swallowed as he took a bite. The savory taste filled his mouth. He could taste every spice added in. It was wonderful. He never had cooking this good ever since his mother died. He began shoving food into his mouth, his cheeks were full like a chipmunk. 

"H-hey... Slow down." Minji stared at him with concerning eyes.

Minji could've sworn he finished his meal in seconds.  

"Ahh! That was good! Are you sure you're not my mother?" Taehyung asked. 

Jin chuckled, "I'm sure. You can come over anytime you like." 

"I can?" 

"You can." 

"You're not trying to get me to trust you, are you?" Taehyung's eyes narrowed. 

Jin was rather confused, but he didn't question it. Instead, he gave him a warm smile. 

"I can always take the first bite if you want." 

Taehyung slowly nodded, "I'll come by often then", he said, earning a groan from Minji. 

--

Minji walked Taehyung to the door when Jin was finished talking to him. She opened it and he walked out, but stopped to give her a smile. 

His smile caught her by surprise. It wasn't a sarcastic or teasing one, it was a genuine smile. It was beautiful. The way his mouth formed into a rectangle and showed all of his teeth, the way his eyes had a glint to them. She almost fell for him. Almost. She laughed at the thought of actually liking the boy and smiled back.