"Friends"

Guilty

"Maybe he just wants a friend..." Minji tried to convince herself. It was possible he was bad at expressing his feelings. She considered just going home and telling him that she forgot to go meet him, but then he could tell her to go on other days.

Minji gulped as she looked up the stairs and proceeded to make her way up. She gave herself words of encouragement step by step, trying to push the anxiety out of the way.

I mean, what's the worse that could happen?

"Ugh, I'm so tired. Why can't there be an elevator at school..." Minji complained as she walked up the third flight of stairs. She then turned to the right and found the door to the rooftop in view. Pushing it open, she peeked outside to see if Taehyung was actually there. He was. He was leaning against the wall a couple feet away with one leg bent and his arms crossed. His eyes were closed as he seemed to be relaxing yet his face still held a stern look.

Sighing, Minji rolled her shoulders back and straightened out her back to give herself confidence. It didn't really help but she couldn't back down. She slowly approached Taehyung until she was in front of him.

Should I tap him?

She hesitated for a few seconds and made up her mind, "T-Taehyung?" She lightly tapped his shoulder.

Taehyung's eyes shot open and his hands were suddenly on her shoulder in a quick millisecond. Minji made a pathetic squeak as he switched their places, pushing her roughly against the wall. Her head thudded against the hard, white cement wall.

"Who are you?!" Taehyung screamed as he glared straight into her eyes.

"What... What the hell man?!" Minji was about to rub her head until Taehyung pinned her to where she was.

  "I asked a question. Who. Are. You?" He kept his voice steady  

"Let me go!" She squirmed.

Taehyung let go of Minji's right hand.

He slammed his hand on the wall next to her head three times, "Answer the ing question!"

"M-Minji! Kim Minji, the pathetic loser that sits next to you in 4th period?"

Taehyung scoffed and gave her an unbelieving stare, "Are you really?"

"I'm telling the truth! I didn't even do anything! You can't just... Just slam me into the wall!" Minji exclaimed.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow and hardened his look on her.

At this point, Minji wanted to whine and shove him, but who knew what he was capable of doing?

"Why would I lie?" She asked calmly, hoping not to cause anything life threatening. His stare was mostly what scared her. It was like daggers piercing into her soul.

However, some of her fear was replaced by sadness. She didn't know why but the longer she looked into Taehyung's eyes, she noticed how lifeless they were. Yet, the lifeless eyes also held pain and anxiety. 
Minji's eyebrows became knitted together as she involuntarily held her right hand out to cup his cheek. 
It was something she was used to. When Jin was upset or crying, Minji would cup his cheeks with both hands and say words of comfort. Other times she would silently hug him or say he's ugly when he's crying. She did it so many times that she didn't notice herself reaching out to Taehyung.

As Taehyung noticed her small hand coming towards him, he slapped it away before it could touch him. He didn't understand. He wasn't sure if he wanted to.

"Are you trying to seduce me or something?" He deadpanned.

"W-what?! No!" Minji shoved him away.

She assumed he was caught off guard as he stumbled a little.

.

Minji realized she did what she didn't want to do. She bit her lip as she clenched her fist, ready for what was to come next. She didn't know if she could throw punches, but she would've at least tried if something was going to happen.

Much to her surprise, Taehyung laughed.

She wished it was a sincere laugh. She wished it was playful. She just wanted a crew to come out with cameras shouting that it was just a prank.

Instead, Taehyung stopped his small laugh and stared at her.

"I don't know if who you say you are is actually you, but I'll let you off for now."

He then came closer and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"If I find out that what you said was bull..." Taehyung scoffed, letting Minji feel his breath against her ear. "You're done for." He smirked and took a step back as he saw her shudder.

"I don't know how you're still alive, to be honest, but maybe I could torture you now?"

Minji stared at him unbelievably, "I thought you said you would let me off, not torture me."

She didn't know what to expect as an answer, but she sure as hell wasn't expecting a simple shrug when he replied.

"I don't know. You look too much like her."

"Her?"

Taehyung shrugged again, "I don't know, my torture really isn't... Torturous though? I'm just going to annoy the hell out of you until you get fed up with me. Maybe then you'll reveal who you are... I mean... I'd do something harsh, but part of me wants to believe you. I'm not going to promise that I won't change my mind, though."

Before Minji could reply, he walked off without a glance back. It took a while for her to process what he said. It was the longest she ever heard him spoke.

"What the hell is up with him?" Minji asked out loud to the empty space. She shook her head and made her leave.

--

"Why are you home late?"

Minji heard Jin's voice from the kitchen as she walked in the house. She closed the door and locked it as she answered.

"I was helping out the teacher." She lied. There was no way in hell would she want Jin to find out about what happened.

"You? Helping out the teacher? Don't make me laugh." Jin came into view with an apron on.

"I did!"

"What'd you help out with?" Jin crossed his arms and tilted his head, waiting for an answer.

"I helped him clean up the class," Minji said with a straight face.

"Was the classroom that dirty?" 

"...Yes?"

"Why do you sound unsure of yourself?"

"I'm not."

"How dirty was the classroom?"

"There were textbooks sprawled out and... Thrown papers and pencils, along with tissues." Minji wasn't sure what to say.

Jin pressed on, "Wouldn't the teacher scold the students who did it?" 

"They ran off before the teacher could stop them, so I... Offered to help."

"Should I ask the teacher?" 

Minji bit her lip. 

He's probably bluffing. 

"Go ahead." She shrugged and sat on the couch.

Jin took out his phone. He dialled the school's number. Just as he was about to press the call button, Minji tackled him. 

"I was talking to my new friend! Okay?!" It wasn't that much of a lie. 

Well, Taehyung wasn't exactly her friend but they were talking so it was only half a lie. 

"Oh. Who's this new friend of yours hmm?" Jin smirked.

"He's just a friend! He's a new student." Minji pouted. 

"A new student huh? Why don't you invite him over tomorrow for dinner?" Jin asked out of kindness.