Murder

Guilty

 

BREAKING NEWS: "Mr. and Mrs. Kim, the owners of Gyeongdan brewery has been brutally murdered. They have been found dead this morning wired onto the bed with more sharp wires wrapped deeply around their necks; the top of their heads were split open. Detective Kang has informed Mr. Kim has the letter I carved into his chest and the letter X on his wife. He has stated it stands for the number nine but the meaning and cause has not been found. However, their two children are still alive and unharmed. Minji who is fourteen, and Seokjin who is twenty-five and will be taking care of the both of them. There are no witnesses of this unjustified crime and we have not found the murderer. Please be aware of your surroundings and lock every door and window in your house. You suspect anyone, do call the police. This has been SNK news, thank you for watching."

The Television shut off.

"You did it didn't you?" 

"I had to."

"I said I never did it!"

"How do I know if you're lying or no--"

"Minji, drop it."

Minji  quickly let go of the boy's collar who was about a year or two younger than her.

"J-Jin... Weren't you with the others?"

Jin helped the guy pick up his books that had dropped out of his bag when Minji furiously grabbed him. Ignoring his little sister's question, he patted the guy's head who was not too shorter than him and smiled.

"Don't worry, you're free to go. We know you're innocent."

"Of course I'm innocent!" The boy vehemently spat and snatched his book bag, walking off angrily. 

"Yah! He's getting away!" Minji was about to go after him until Jin held her back. 

"You need to stop this Minji. You can't keep pointing fingers at any stranger and harass them for nothing."

"The police dropped the case Jin. Anyone could have killed mom and dad, they're all suspects and I'm going to find out who did it!"

Jin put both of his hands on Minji's shoulders and spoke, "I understand you're upset but... This isn't the right thing to do. I told you to stop this a week ago only to find you harassing someone again. Can't you listen and stop being childish? You're seventeen!"

Minji smacked his hands off of her, "I'm not being childish! I'm forcing out every piece of information someone could have!" 

Jin sighed out of frustration and looked away with annoyance clearly on his face. After a few seconds, he looked back at Minji, staring at her dead in the eye.

"And what if they don't have any? You're trying to force out information they don't even have! Just stop Minji, the case was dropped and there's nothing we could do about it. If the police and that detective didn't find anything, then we aren't going to."

With that, Minji stared at Jin with disbelief.

"You're giving up just like that? You're giving up that easily?! They were our parents Jin! They gave this up after three years! Only three years! How could you not care for mom and dad after all they've done for us?! How?!" Minji yelled at him as people walked by the street and stared at them. The yelling only made them increase their walking pace and distance. 

"I do care about our parents! I loved them! But is this really what they would want?! Would they want us to waste our life away finding someone we'll never find?! Just face it Minji, we'll never find out who did it! I loved them, I really did, but we need to move on!" The anger in Jin's eyes was clear. Anyone staring into them would have felt the flaming fire in there.

 Jin continued.

"You're being reckless! That boy back there..."-Jin looked back and shook his head- "he doesn't even know what the hell your problem is! Hell, he only moved here last week!" Jin's voice became husky as he kept yelling.

"Get yourself together!" He gripped Minji's shoulders tightly and shook her twice. 
Minji broke eye contact with her big brother. She knew she had made someone she got along with so well, enraged; he was usually a happy guy and didn't show his anger often, but this... This had done it and set him off. Minji was indeed afraid to see this rare side of him.

"Sorry..." Minji whispered, almost inaudible, "I'll stop harassing people..." She didn't dare to look up at him. 

Jin sighed, you could see his shoulders rise up and down as his heavy breaths were heard. He looked down at Minji who avoided his gaze. His eyes softened a bit as he saw how apologetic she was and pulled his sister into a hug. 

Jin spoke in a more gentle tone, "I know it's hard but we have to pull through okay? We'll get through this together. I know our parents wouldn't want us to live the rest of our lives in hate, it's a pitiful thing to do. I know you want to find out who it is. I know, I know, I know, okay? I want to know too but please, please, stop pointing fingers. You're embarrassing yourself and me." 

Minji nodded into the hug and Jin continued to talk.

"This has been making your grades go down, you have to raise them up and start living how we used to. Otherwise, I won't let you out of the house."

With that Minji pushed Jin away and stared at him.

"You wouldn't do that! You can't!"

"I'm considered your legal guardian so I can do that as a matter of fact," Jin smirked as Minji furrowed her eyebrows and scrunched up her nose. How could her brother be so sincere and then turn into a jerk the next second?

"All A's my . You could check grades online these days now ya know?" Jin ruffled her hair, "come on, let's go home." Jin stared at the sun setting and started walking. 

"Dear brother, I hate you so much."

"Love you too." Jin didn't look back as he replied.

Minji puffed her cheeks and caught up to him.

"Was it necessary to drop me out of school and make me transfer?" A boy with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes spoke into the phone angrily.

"Taehyung, this is for a reason."

"What reason?! You didn't even tell me! I went to school and they told me I wasn't to enroll there anymore! Do you know how confused I was?!" Taehyung barked into the phone and gripped it tightly. What nonsense was this?

"Listen, I'm sorry but it's for a cause."

"What cause?!"

"There's someone I want you to meet."

"Someone you want me to meet? Someone you want me to meet?! Oh hyung, you went through all of this crap instead of just setting up a ing play date? I'm honored!" Taehyung shouted sarcastically.

"Of course I'd set you up for a little play date up but... The person I want you to meet doesn't know you... Or me."

"Doesn't know you? Then how do you know them?" Taehyung's head started to hurt, everything didn't make sense to him.

"I've got sources kid, just follow through okay?"

"What makes this person so special?"

"Nothing, nothing special at all. I told you there's a reason... But I'll reveal that later."

"Can you at least tell me who it is and describe them?!" Taehyung got impatient. Was his brother messing around with him?

"No. You can find them on your own."

"Find them on my own?! How exac-"

"Good luck." With that, his brother hung up. Taehyung tried calling him back but it was no use, it  went straight to voicemail. He rubbed his temples out of frustration. Just who was this person and why did he need to meet them?

The man shut his phone off and set it down on his desk. He sighed and let his face fall into his hands, sitting there. 

"I'm sorry Taehyung but this has to be done. She needs your help."

He looked up from his hands as a shadow cast a shadow on his face from his hair. 

"After all, revenge only makes you closer to the enemy."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asdfghjkl; I'm so nervous about writing this ;-; Please tell me what you think in the comments