ㅤ✕ㅤTEASER TWO

   THE WINTER'S END ✕ㅤ CHAPTER FIVE!
TEASER TWO
ANOTHER NIGHT OF THE TWINS.

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
NOVEMBER 27, 2019
VLOG #3 / 1:30 AM

"Hey, hey, hey," Julia tiredly greets, eyes half-lidded and looking off somewhere behind the camera. "It's ya girl Julia, and I..."

She pauses to yawn, leaning against the headrest of the car seat. "Hm, I'm with the hungriest kid ever, our featured Safety Driver of the Month Aiden." The camera pans over to Aiden in the driver's seat, who manages a scowl at the lenses before it turns back to the young woman, illuminated by the small light overhead.

"Aiden, tell the viewers why we're sitting in your car today," Julia instructs, rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes.

Aiden passes a green light in silence before muttering, "I got hungry."

Julia musters a sleepy grin. "And! As the greatest sister in all of mankind who put up with her brother refusing to eat what we have in the fridge, I'm accompanying him to Denny's! Yay!" She points the camera at Aiden. "Come on, Brother. Let's hear a yay!"

" you," he simply enunciates, and Julia gapes.

"Aiden Nam, do you talk to your mother with that filthy mouth?"

"You should know, , we share the same mother."

The camera slowly zooms in on his set of emo-looking eyes, blond fringe partially covering them. It's a mystery how the young man can see and drive at the same time. "Do we? I think you might be adopted."

Aiden snorts. "If anyone's adopted, it's you, Julia. Dad says my intelligence comes from his side of the family."

As he speaks, Julia has decided to entertain herself by zooming in and out on his face, first targeting a lone pimple, and then his nose. It's not until she zooms in on his nostril hair for the third time that Aiden realizes something is happening, and he chances a murderous look at the wielder of the camera before looking straight ahead at the road again. "Julia, stop messing around with the ing camcorder."

"Blah blah blah, hi I'm Aiden, and my favorite color is screamo black," Julia says in a nasally deep voiceover, abusing her power of the zoom bar to show off what emotions could be crossing that handsome visage of his (at the moment the emotion of the day is 'jesus-christ-my-sister's-an-idiot'). "I'm a communist who doesn't enjoy Almond Joys, and— hey!" she protests as he takes his hand off the steering wheel for a split second of swat-the-cam action, making it land in her lap lens down. "Aiden, you communist!"

"I literally told you already to stop dicking around with the cam. Just get some sleep or whatever; we'll be at Denny's in a couple of minutes." A few seconds of silence passes. "And no one ing cares about Almond Joys."

"Almond Joys are my !"

"Julia, Almond Joys aren't even Canadian. You're not a true Canadian."

At this point, Julia shuts off the camera entirely, probably to have free reign over what choice words she can hiss aloud without fear of her parents finding out.

 
vancouver, british columbia, canada
november 27, 2019
vlog #4 / 2:00 am
 
The camera focuses on the sight of Julia slowly chewing at her french toast, obviously about to be lulled into sleep once more. "Julia, you're gonna fall into your orange juice," Aiden warns, and her head jerks up from carefully teetering over.
 
Propping her head up so that the same instance doesn't happen twice, Julia clenches a fist up and holds it under , an invisible microphone to her lips. "Hello, I'm Julia Nam, here with your daily selection of meals today. Aiden, tell us what you got." She expectantly holds her fist out to Aiden, who scoffs before angling the camera down at his plate.
 
"Uh, I got pancakes... some hashbrowns... sausages... this chocolate milk... yeah." The screen pathetically pans over each food item listed, and from the corner right underneath the red REC dot, one can easily discern Julia rolling her eyes at his apathetic nature.
 
"Aiden, I'm literally about to fall asleep listening to you speak," Julia deadpans, and her brother grumbles noncoherent swears in response. "Anyway, talk about the letters."
 
Aiden puts down the camera on the table, lining the wall the booth is attached to, and angles it so that it captures the both of them onscreen. Apparently he got too tired to hold it any further. "I still think it's sketchy as ," he comments as he retracts his arm and picks up a forkful of pancakes to bite into.
 
Julia twirls her spoon in her oatmeal bowl thoughtfully. "But a bunch of our friends already replied to say that they might be coming," she replies. "It's only a matter of who's gonna choose to go and who's not. You said you looked up the mountains or whatever, right?"
 
"Yeah," Aiden mutters while chewing, and Julia's face twists into a sneer of disgust. "Also really sketch. There's some kind of stupid urban legend or whatever about the mountains as well, not that I care."
 
"You never care about anything -- Jesus Christ, Aiden, stop chewing with your mouth open!" the older yells, grimacing, and Aiden takes the opportunity to raise his eyebrows and gnash his food even louder. "Ugh, brothers. What's the legend about, you lameass?"
 
The blond swallows his food. "Something stupid, I don't remember."
 
"You don't remember?" She pushes her plate away from her, done eating after the nonsense she's forced to face. "What are you, a grandpa?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Okay," Julia drily answers, Aiden's dead smirk greeting her while he shoves pancakes into his mouth. "Anywho... Aiden is almost done with his Denny's, which means we get to go home and finally sleep."
 
"Lol, okay."
 
"i'm going to snap your neck if you say anything like that again."
 
"Try."
 
"I swear- " The older glares at the other, but he counters with another mouthful of pancake and an unnecessary smirk, obviously five years old mentally. "Are you finally done?"
 
"No, I want to order another plate- "
 
"We are going home!"
 
"No, I want another plate."
 
"I am going to shove that pancake up your nose if you order another plate."
 
"Hey, excuse me, Waiter. Get me an- "
 
There's a kick to his shin that stops his words mid-sentence due to his wincing, and he glares at her as he kicks back, ignoring the waiter's confused eyes set on the both of them. She counters once more with another sharp kick, and so begins a kicking match that violently shakes both the table and camera, seething stares digging holes into their opponent that lasts until aiden's cup of chocolate milk spills on his shirt.
 
They both freeze, Julia's mouth semi-opening in an oh, but Aiden is quick to lose the fighting spirit, slumping miserably as he feels the stain permeating his favorite sweater he bought not so long ago. "Oh -- oh geez, I'm sorry, uh- take these napkins, here." A quick one, two swipe of her wrist, and already Julia's pressing the napkins against the stain, hoping to alleviate her brother's sorrow ( in which she totally thinks he's overreacting, because a cup of baking soda can do anything ).
 
"What's the point of having good things in the world if they get wrecked by chocolate milk?" Aiden bemoans tragically, and Julia swears she sees unshed tears.
 
The older rolls her eyes. "Okay, not to cut in on your nihilism or anything... but... are you ready to leave?" She prays he'll say yes.
 
"No."
 
"We're leaving."
 
"No."
 
"Stop saying no and get up, you bum."
 
"No."
 
"Oh my g- "
 
vancouver, british columbia, canada
november 27, 2019
vlog #5 / 2:10 am
 
The camera zooms in, Aiden's grumpy face once more the star of the vlog. Julia snorts before zooming out. "Boy, you're angry."
 
"No ." His hand almost knocks the electronic out of the young woman's hand.
 
"Hey! Watch it!"
 
"Watch your face."
 
The image refocuses and shakily slides towards the vehicle they were heading towards. "And how was your meal, Aiden?"
 
"I didn't even finish it." The young man has his hands stuffed in his pockets, posture somewhat slouched to denote his foul demeanor.
 
"You had enough!"
 
"Enough of your bull."
 
The camera shakes side-to-side, a visual representation of Julia's headshake of disappointment. "I have a very bipolar twin, you see."
 
"Shut up." Aiden refuses to look at the camera.
 
"Tsk, tsk, boys."
 
The two reach the car. "You're driving, Sis."
 
As soon as those words are uttered, the car keys are thrown over the vehicle and cause Julia to fumble with the recorder to catch them. "What the heck, Aiden?! You're going to pay for this camera!" From the distance, Aiden complains under his breath, and his twin heavily sighs. "Boys."
 
She rotates the camera around to pan into view. "So, I'll be driving. That means I have to end this recording, since I know my beloved brother would never record me driving." She nods with a big smile. "I hope you guys enjoyed this ep- "
 
"Shut up and drive already, I want to go home."
 
"Well, that's my cue." The camera cuts to black.
JOSH SAYS... this is so ing overdue hello i didnt mean to,, i was supposed ot make the gifs but i forgot and procrasinated evrytime it came up to me please dont kill me !!!! plaeas get ur apps in asap becus we want to get this story started befroe something hapens pelase im begging yall.
EMILY SAYS... wow this is overdue by like 2000 years haha ! !! ! ! it was actually written a while back but never published hey there guys !!! also like no we are not dead please get in ur apps asap or else this means we have free reign w ur characters aND we will... kill them off first. jk. or are we who knows