"I was as pure as a river, but now I think I'm possessed"

The White Devil

2002 - The School

A doll. An absolute doll, is what they'd describe Sungjong as. His pale skin and rose lips further helped to emphasize this belief and showcase his delicate beauty. Ethereal. A fairy child. An angel. 

And Sungjongie was their favorite, favorite, favorite. 

And then there was Myungsoo. The prince of shadows and a darkness that fit well with Sungjong. But Myungsoo could do one thing no one else could. He could touch him. They weren't exactly sure why, some guessed it was that he inherited two abilties: shadow manipulation and nullification, others guessed that maybe beneath Sungjong's sweet smile was actually the self-control to choose who could be touched- and survive.

Myungsoo wasn't like Sunggyu, who was starting to rally a secret counterattack following throughout The School, but neither was he like Sungjong, innocence that sometimes sickened him seeing his warped view. And he wondered how it was even possible that Sungjong just couldn't see how The School was a godforsaken place. Maybe it was because Sungjong was their prince, their baby, their ultimate trump card. But Myungsoo liked to imagine it was because Sungjong really was that innocent and unaware. 

Sungjong had grown up here since he was born. Others like Sunggyu's following and Myungsoo, had been found and taken, some as babies, some when they were old enough to remember what their family was like. Those were always the ones that cooperated the least. That was Sunggyu. 

But seeing Sungjong cling onto him, and give a smile up to the dark haired boy, Myungsoo wondered why someone so cursed would be so pure. 

Why someone with the touch of death could actually be an angel. 

"Myungie-hyung!" Sungjong would squeal happily when Myungsoo walked into Sungjong's room. It was the same as his room and all the other childrens', all white and resembling the bareness of a hospital room.

"What are you doing here?" Sungjong asked while cocking his head slightly to the side in confusion. He approached the dark boy and wrapped his delicate arms around his waist, causing Myungsoo to momentarily stiffen his body. Even if he couldn't get hurt, he could never stop the initial fear that ran through his body any time Sungjong clung on to him. 

"I-" He began but paused. He came here on Sunggyu's orders. "I missed you," he opted for part instead of the whole reason. 

Sungjong beamed and loosened his hold on Myungsoo, instead he plopped down on his stomach on his bed while Myungsoo stayed standing awkwardly by the door. 

"Hyung, I've been thinking a lot lately and guess what I want to be when I grow up!" Sungjong said excitedly while swinging his legs back and forth in the air.

"What Jongie?"

"I wanna work at The School!" Sungjong exclaimed and Myungsoo felt himself choke on his breath and his last hope disappear. 

"Sungjong," he started slowly and cautiously, "you do know this isn't a real school, right?" 

"I know hyung, but I've grown up here all my life. That's another thing I don't get- why do people hate it here? I see them screaming and yelling and shouting to go home- and- this is my home. That's why I want to work here. So they'll like it too."

"Sungjong," Myungsoo said urgently, "You can't work here."

"Yes I can!" Sungjong said stubbornly while starting to stand up. "Dr. Youngmin said that if I do more tests, I-"

"You'll what? Allow them to dissect you? Sungjong open your eyes! How do you not see what this place is?" Myungsoo spat venomously. He didn't care if he was cutting Sunggyu's team's time short. He had to get Sungjong to understand. 

"I had a family. I had a Mom and Dad and little brother. We all had families. You need to know this." Myungsoo said desperately while looking into Sungjong's eyes. 

"You need to know this. And-and I'm sorry I couldn't save you." 

And with that last sentence Myungsoo faded into darkness, becoming one with the shadows in the room and sliding under the door. He was met with Sunggyu on the other side, and an unconscious guard laying on the floor.

"We have a minute. We have to go. He can't be saved, it's too risky to bet on his loyalties after what he just said," Sunggyu stated grimly while beginning to run, and Myungsoo gave a small tentative nod, sprinting after the boy down the hall. Deep down he hoped Sungjong could understand the reality of The School and its horrors, but now he could only hope he wouldn't grow to become their pawn in the great race of ability genetic engineering. 

Sirens were blaring, snapping Myungsoo out of his thoughts and prompting Sunggyu to take action. Grabbing hold of Myungsoo's arm the older boy immediately started to spew out information. 

"Hoya should be coming soon with the others. He's going to use collapse while I teleport us once the damage is done to the protective barrier around the outside of The School." 

And just as Sunggyu finished the plan, they could make out a group of boys running towards them down the long hall. But, with a troop of white coats following close behind. Immediately Myungsoo switched into action mode, his eye turning a dangerous pure black and holding his palm out he managed to create a large force made out of the shadows in the room, out almost all the brightness of the facility. The force seemed to grow in strength as it neared the white coats hunting down the other boys, and pushed the adults back in a large gust. As the group of boys saw Myungsoo's attempt to hold the scientists off, Woohyun turned around to give a kick in the air and forcing it to amplify its itensity in the direction of the scientists. 

Finally catching up, the boys clung onto Sunggyu, all slightly shaking with anxiousness and anticipation and Hoya began to cause damage to the building. Cracks started to appear and the sound of shattering glass muddled together with the overarching sound of the emergency sirens. Dongwoo started to shake more than the others, almost collapsing down onto the floor.

"Sunggyu, Sunggyu I- I can hear them all. They're so scared and they don't know what to do. They-they want to go home." Dongwoo whimpered while clutching his head. He was picking up the thoughts of terror from all the other children in The School.

"Sungyeol!" Sunggyu shouted, "You have to make them all calm down somehow. Create an illusion of something- anything that will make them stop. Dongwoo can't handle it for much longer." 

Sungyeol's eyes flashed silver- only happening in times of extreme exhaustion due to the widespread use of his power, and focused all his energy on conjuring up an illusion of serenity for the other children. 

"We have to go!" Hoya screamed, "The building is going to be completely destroyed if I do more, and we have to get out of here!" The boys grabbed onto Sunggyu, desperately hoping their plan would work with the protective barriers down.

And in a flash, the group of boys were there no more. 

***

"Myungie... left me?" Sungjong whimpered out as tears started to pour from his eyes. The realization that his one friend and role model had left had struck the young boy hard with shock. 

"Oh Sungjongie," a sweet voice whispered as the owner of said voice the young boy's cheek, "Don't you worry, I'll never leave your side. This is paradise where I locked you up against your will. A sad paradise where you can't leave even when you're awake. A paradise we can be together forever." And with a kiss to the young boy's forehead, Sungjong fell asleep in the arms of the devil.

So leave it and look at me, I'll cover up your deep scars and make you laugh. And make you mine.


There is still more!! This isn't the end and I think I'll make it a two shot instead of a super long oneshot ^^