prologue

Airplane

Prologue;

I looked out of the window and I finally realised, this might be the last time to look out of the car window and see the beautiful California. Going to Korea meant that my mom won't be able to wake me up every day, it meant that I couldn't joke around with my brother again and that I needed to leave my family and friends behind. It hit me damn hard cause this is the first time I'm leaving my family. The ride flew by, and I was at the airport already.

After checking in and stuff, the time had come for me to leave, everyone including my friends was here to see me off.

My mom was the first one to hug me “ Mark remember to eat well alright? And text or call me at least once a week   She was crying and I was also tearing up looking at my mom's worried face and teary eyes. I've always been close with my mom, so parting with my mom was the hardest.

 “ I will mom, don't forget to take care of your health ”

I promised myself not to cry, but seeing everyone so emotional made me cry too. After hugging and saying goodbye to everyone, it was really time to leave. I waved to everyone with a heavy heart and went to the departure hall. I paused and turned around.

 “ I'll make sure to succeed don't worry about me and take care   ”

+

It was my first time flying alone, so I had no idea where I had to go. I looked at the big tv and saw that my flight KE018 was boarding already! ! I didn't know it took that long to say goodbye. I ran as fast as I can so I can get to gate 60, but it was so far away that I actually needed to run faster to make it.  After running for 2 minutes ( what felt like 10 minutes ) I finally saw a long queue with people who needed to board on the flight KE018. I grabbed my boarding pass and passport out of my bag and stood in the queue.

So this is it, if I take one step into the plane it will be the last time walked on American ground, the moment I step out of the plane it will be a different country, different language and the important part Seoul was the city where I have to survive on my own. 

Before I knew it I was searching for my seat already when I found my row I saw a girl in her 20s sitting at the window seat. She flashed me a smile when I sat down on my seat next to her. She was kind of really cute.

“ Ladies and gentleman welcome on this flight KE018 to Seoul, I'm Anastasia Nam and I'm your purser for this flight. We're ready for taking off, please fasten your seatbelt. We're expecting some turbulence at the takeoff, so we advise you to keep your seatbelt on through the whole flight. Thank you for your attention and please pay attention to the safety video.  ”

I felt the girl next to me stiffen up when she heard the word turbulence. I looked at her and she was looking pale and she was sweating. I knew what it meant since my sister had the same every time she flies. She was probably scared of flying.

“ Hey, are you alright? ” 

“ I'm fine, it's just that it's my first time flying alone ” She paused “ And I'm scared of flying so hearing that we're expecting turbulence didn't help at all ” 

I chuckled she was just like my sister “ I know something that will probably help you ease your phobia  ” 

“  Really? What is that?  ”

I extended my hand to her “ Just hold my hand whenever you feel scared, I know it helps cause I always hold my sister's hand when she's scared while flying  ”

+++++++

The prologue is up! Thank you all for reading and don't forget to comment & upvote and you should also watch '' if you do '' ;) thank you all again for reading.

Mark who gave you the right