Dreaming of You

Study You

If anyone dislikes the idea of this story containing M rated content, please tell me and I'd have no qualms about keeping this story viewer friendly! ​(Just so I know what direction to take this in haha).


Kibum could feel himself slowly stir awake. By the brightness of the moon that creeped through the gaps in his blinds, he could tell that it was still fairly late at night. ​

This happened a lot recently. He would wake suddenly in the middle of the night, his mind constantly haunting him with memories of what happened at the shop a week ago. He hadn't seen Jonghyun since then, which he thought was a blessing on his part. What was he supposed to say to him? Kibum wasn't even sure why things turned out that way. He always wondered why people did things 'because of the mood', and how things could just magically happen all of a sudden. Now though, he understood it wholeheartedly. Although he didn't know what came over him, or why even thinking of it now still excited him, but he really wanted to forget the events as soon as possible. Studying was his priority right now, he couldn't afford to get distracted by his hormones.

Forgetting the whole thing would have been fairly easy, and he managed to do that whilst he was conscious. But somehow thoughts of Jonghyun always plagued his unconscious thoughts. Without meaning to he'd suddenly drift into thoughts of him; of his lips, or his eyes, or the feel of his hand against his skin. It was strange, for Kibum at least, because he didn't even realize he had that sort of interest in Jonghyun. He could of easily brushed those thoughts aside however. That was until he started to even dream​ about him.​

And tonight was no exception.

As if it had become routine by now Kibum rolled over onto his back, staring at the ceiling before letting out a huff of displeasure. Would he be able to actually get any decent sleep again? Or would he just dream of that stupid face every single goddamn night?

It was obvious that he wouldn't sleep again tonight, because as he was about to go through his nightly routine of reciting every fashion designers name that he could remember, to help him sleep again of course, the sound of the room door opening startled him into a sitting position.

The room was pitch black, just as Minho liked it, but he was starting to regret his decision of not sleeping with a light on. He couldn't tell who it was, the footsteps light and slow. Maybe it was just Minho? He did have a habit of sneaking out in the middle of the night, so maybe he was just returning?

His shoulders fell as he relaxed, muscles un-knotting the tension of being startled. He waited patiently for the Minho to apologize for coming back late again, but when he didn't hear the annoying sound of Minho's voice he grew worried.

Just as he was starting to contemplate what to hit the intruder with, a familiar voice broke the silence in the room. Kibum froze, ​his whole body tensing again when Jonghyun called out for him. 

Kibum didn't know what to do. Jonghyun was here, in his room? Was this some crazy nightmare? What was happening? Where was Minho? He didn't have much time to do anything though, because before he could think of a valid reason as to why Jonghyun was currently climbing ​ into his bed​ he spoke again, this time his voice being a lot closer to what Kibum remembered.

"Kibum."

Kibum gasped in surprised when he felt Jonghyun's lips beside his ear, whispering his actual​ name and not 'Key', against his skin. ​Almost as if he became glued to the bed, he couldn't move. Kibum could only blink into the darkness with wide eyes when a body pressed against his, hands grabbing his shoulders and pushing him down until he was, once again, flat on his back. It was the ceiling that Kibum was now blinking up at, hoping that maybe it would magically talk to him and tell him what the hell was going on.

"I want to touch you, Kibum."
 
Kibum noticeably shivered at tone of his voice, "What?" he cringed at the shaking in his voice, willing himself to calm down.
 
Jonghyun shifted until he was straddled across Kibum's lap, hands moving to wrap around his wrists and place them above his head. "I want to touch you, here." And Kibum shivered at the confession, gasping when he felt the coldness of Jonghyun's hand on his bare chest - he didn't even realize his shirt had been pushed upwards.
 
"And here," Jonghyun continued, kissing the edge of his mouth once, twice, before settling to kissing down his neck instead.
 
Not really sure what was happening Kibum could only lie there, shivering and sighing contently at the way his body was tingling with sensitivity. He barely even registered the movement of Jonghyun's hand; the cold pads of his fingers working their way down towards the waistband of his shorts. It wasn't until a violent shudder tore through his body that he registered a hand cupping him, palming teasingly at his shamefully hard self.
 
"Kibum..."
 
Kibum hummed quietly, eyes closed and pleasantly enjoying the feeling of the situation.
 
"Kibum..."
 
The voice didn't really register in his mind at that moment. He was too busy concentrating on the feel of the hand pressed against him, wiggling his arms above his head to try and free them from Jonghyun's grasp because he really, really wanted to show that hand where he needed to be touched. But Jonghyun's hands weren't budging; the hand gripping his wrists stayed there, and to his annoyance the hand between his legs stopped moving too.
 
"Kibum!"
 
His eyes flung open, wide and alarmed at his name suddenly being screamed into his ear. A stupid face sporting a stupid grin caught his attention, and he sighed. It was just a dream​. Kibum should have been used to it by now. Every night for the past week he'd had the same dream, but each time it happened Kibum would get more and more annoyed when he woke up in the morning. A strange feeling of dissappointment always managed to squirm it's way into him, which only furthered his annoyance. Why an earth was this happening to him?
 
"Yah, why are you still sitting there? You're heavy, get off!" He watched in annoyance as Minho only grinned wider, wiggling his eyebrows at Kibum from where he sat on the edge of the bed.
 
"I wanted to ask what you were dreaming about. You seemed quite, uh, happy..." he trialed off, nodding his head towards Kibum's crotch before grinning even wider.
 
Kibum was mortified. He grabbed the closest thing possible and threw it at Minho. Luckily the ever athletic Minho caught the alarm clock before it could hit him.
 
"Fine, fine, I'm leaving! But," he turned to say, a smile still on his lips "you won't be able to put on your makeup for class if you don't wake up now, princess."
 
This time it was one of Kibum's giant platform shoes that flew in Minho's direction. As if routine, Minho ducked and fled the room, his laughter trailing behind. It left Kibum to sulk on his bed, before his face turned a horrible shade of red at the remembering the dream. It felt different to the other dreams he had. The feeling of Jonghyun's hand and his lips and his voice... it didn't make him feel this hot before, and he kind of... missed it.
 
Kibum kicked his legs out from underneath the crumpled sheets, shaking his head erratically before yelling as many curses as he could manage at the ceiling. With a loud huff he buried his head into his pillows, breathing heavily at his sudden outburst. It wasn't his fault, he was just going crazy, right? Maybe the stress of classes was finally getting to him.
 
", class!" At the sudden realization that he actually had morning classes Kibum jumped up from his bed, tripping over the sheets tangled around his legs and landing first onto the alarm clock Minho had conveniently placed onto the floor.
 
He took a mental note of how many horrible ways he could murder Minho.
 
~~~
 
3 hours, 2 lectures and a cold drink of tea later, Kibum sunk down into the plastic chair. He was the last one left in the room, and really didn't feel like moving anytime soon. Maybe he could get some studying done, granted he didn't fully understand half of his last lecture.
 
Kibum sighed. He didn't really want to study right now.
 
He took out his phone instead, the giant bear phone case taking up so much room that he could only put it in his bag instead of his pocket. There was still a few more hours before Minho would be back at the dorm, so there was no use going back there for some company. With another heavy sigh he began to plan out what to eat for dinner tonight. Kibum wasn't the best of cooks, but he did know how to make a lot more dishes than most of the students in his dorm building, meaning most of them often came by to his dorm to steal food off of him. He didn't mind; cooking made him happy. He liked to make the food his late grandma often made him when he was younger. Somehow, it made him feel closer to her.

A fond smile ghosted his lips. Kibum often found himself lonely recently. Although he did like to be alone sometimes, and was very peculiar about how he went about his days, the company of others always made him feel warm. The stress of life and his troubles would melt away when he had somebody to talk to; somebody to share his troubles with. He had that not long ago: someone that would smile when they saw him, or laugh at his outbursts when he chastised people on their terrible dress sense. They didn't mind how he fussed over clothes, and listened when he needed someone to talk to. A bittersweet memory, but something he missed nonetheless.
 
"You look sad."
 
Jonghyun was standing by the door, a coffee cup in hand. He'd asked Minho earlier about Key's schedule. Although they hadn't seen each other for a week, Jonghyun needed to gather his thoughts before he saw him again. And now that he was here he really couldn't just run away and go into hiding again.
 
Kibum was surprised to see Jonghyun standing there, it was the only explanation as to why his heart had picked up pace. He didn't answer him though, instead opting to pick at the stray strands on his torn jeans.
 
Realizing that he probably wasn't going to get a response anytime soon Jonghyun moved to sit in the empty chair beside him, pushing the cup towards Kibum with a gentle smile. "You must be tired."
 
His eyes flickered up to look at Jonghyun's, warm and safe and secure. Kibum could tell that he was a generally good person. It made sense that he should befriend him. But then his eyes flickered down to his lips, and he swallowed down the lump in his throat. The heat in his face and the way he struggled to tear his eyes away was a sure tell sign that befriending him wasn't all that he wanted to do. Kibum would ignore those thoughts though. He needed to ignore them.
 
"Sorry," he smiled, deep breath's enabling him to gather his composure. He didn't look at Jonghyun's eyes this time, instead choosing to focus on the hand that held out the coffee to him. "I don't drink coffee."
 
And he really didn't. Kibum didn't like coffee, at least not anymore. Just the smell brought up memories of the countless arguments they would have about their relationship. He wasn't bitter about it all ending, because it was originally what he had wanted for awhile, but he really wanted to forget any memories associated with her - that included coffee. ​
 
The hand that was offering the beverage slowly retreated, a sheepish smile flashing his way as Jonghyun coughed awkwardly. Sitting beside him was making Kibum feel weird and nervous, and without offering another word he picked up his bag and stood, shouldering the heavy contents. He moved around the table and headed to the door, turning slightly so he could face the other. Jonghyun was watching him carefully​​.
 
"But I drink tea, or at least hot chocolate." Because Kibum didn't want to be mean to such a kind and gentle person. And seeing the others' smile widen at his own words felt like an accomplishment to him. It eased the tension in his shoulders. He could only offer a small smile back as he exited the room.
 
When the door finally closed behind him he let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding, resting his head against the wall beside the door in defeat. His stupid heart was beating way too fast to be normal. It felt like it was going to burst out of his chest at any moment. Memories of his dream flashed through his mind, a rather inappropriate time, Kibum cursed, and he clenched his fists as he blushed.
 
What was happening to him?
 


 I'm​ having quite some trouble with the characterisation of Kibum and Jonghyun etc. It may take some time for me to start getting used to writing them. Ahhhh, I'm terribly sorry about this mess ;; I've never written a full story before, much less written one using actual real life people. Please bare with me! Any input that you feel is necessary would be grately appreciated also! Thank you for your patience~