37. Jimin/ Chorong

[OPEN] BangMind's One-shot Request Shop (+ Old Story Dump)

Request #37. Isabella37 - (Jimin/ Chorong) 170314


Jimin is a stubborn brat.

I don't hate the boy, but I don't like how he's treating me lately. We have been neighbors for years and he has always been nice to me. But lately, he gets more aggressive and easy to get mad at me, for no reason. I don't know how he got that attitude, though.

"Jimin, what has noona done that you are turning so cold to me lately?" I ask him when we are walking home together after a long day of him doing part-time jobs and me working full-time. It's a beautiful summer night and so we decide to go around the street to eat stuff and chit-chat in the park.

"Nothing." Jimin retorts in an irritated manner. He goes to the swing and sat on. He just observed me really closely, as if he was trying to figure something out.

"You have been acting very strange lately, noona is getting scared of you." I half joked, going to the other swing to seat on it as well.

"What?" Jimin chuckled, smiling at me with those crescent eyes. I didn't know how, but everytime I saw him smiling, I found myself always smile back. Maybe because he was so adorable?

We kept silence for about ten minutes, just swinging and watching the night view, until my phone vibrated inside my pocket.

"Hello? Chorong speaking." I said to the phone.

"Chorong-ah! Are you free? We are having karaoke meeting. I can pick you up!" Seokjin said, loudly and excitedly.

"Wait a bit." I said before covering the phone with my hand. "Hey Jim, I'm going to a karaoke now. Sorry I can't go home with you tonight."

Jimin suddenly turned cold and scary again. He furrowed his eye brow at me.

"Who are you going with?"

"Um... Seokjin and his friends." I answered, unsure of what he turned mad about.

"Turn if off." Jimin said, more like demanding. Looking at his sharp gaze, my eyes wavered. I just couldn't get used to his intense gaze yet I had known him for years.

"Sure." I finally said, uncovering the phone. "Seokjin-ah, I can't go right now. Let's meet other time."

"Oh? This is sad. Okay, I'll hang up now."

"Um." I said and ended the call.

"Tell me the reason now." I said, looking at Jimin. "Why do I have to turn it off?"

"I- I don't know either." Jimin said, looking at me with pathetic eyes. Those eyes almost made me laugh, but it was not the right situation to do so.

"Tell me the reason or I'll call Seokjin over again." I dared, pulling out my phone and dialed Seokjin's number. But as fast as a wind, Jimin already came to my swing and grabbed on my hand, preventing me from touching the phone.

"Hey! It hurts!" I screamed, it was really hurt. His grip was so tight. It was really rare of him to act so harsh on me like this. He was making me confused more and more.

"I don't want to-" Jimin sighed, cutting his own sentence, but then he looked up to me again, his eyes determined. "I don't want you to go out with guys late at night. You are a girl, noona. Who knows what might happen."

I was stunt at his reason. I laughed it off.

"Gosh! How old are you Jim? You are freaking twenty-two and I'm already twenty-six for god's sake! I have to be lectured about these things by a kid like you? Hahaha-"

"I'm not a kid anymore!" Jimin exclaimed out of frustration. "I don't know! These days, I keep getting a hunch that you might go out with another jerk!"

I bit my lip at his reminder. I once dated a boy and he kept getting touchy with me, though I had told him thousands of times that I didn't like that. So one day I ran to Jimin and asked for his advice. He went straight to that jerk with me and talked him out. So that resulted a breakup. That was also one good reminder how scary my Chim Chim could be, heh.

"Why are you smiling?" Jimin asked, tilting his head at me.

"Nothing." I said, chuckling.

"What's so funny?" Jimin asked, still looking confused at ever. it made me laugh even more. How cute.

"What is it?" Jimin asked fondly at me. He started smiling, too. But when he got closer to me and kept asking the same question, the close distance got me flustered.

I didn't know what it was, but there was some feeling inside me that always existed, but never be clear enough.

What was it?

I guess it would take some more time to figure out.


Author's notes:

thank you for requesting!