Patient

Caught In Our Thoughts

It’s been three weeks since Namsoon has been in a car accident. He was told that he might have fallen asleep on the wheel and rushed the red light. Two trucks collided in his car. One truck had sent him spinning towards another truck. They thought he wouldn’t survive. He has luck, which has every deity in the world on his side. They thought it was a miracle that he came out of crash breathing and slipping in and out of state of conscious.

But he heard them talking. They thought he wanted to kill himself and rushed the red light into the traffic. A truck had collided on the back side of his car spinning it out of control. His car skidded across the road only stopping when the car crashed head on in a streetlight. That’s what they think.

 He knows that was not the truth. His own gut was telling him that he didn’t try to kill himself. His memory has gotten fuzzy but in this past three weeks of rest helped him. It helped him recuperate his brain for lost memories. He tried meditating as mentally heal himself so he can think back to his awful traumatic accident. But all he remembers is closing his eyes for few seconds before his vision blurred. Like someone had it him from behind. He remembers his body lurching in most uncomfortable way with everything spinning out of control. He remembers a truck behind his car. Luckily, he had no broken bones. He was healed almost as good as new.

 

It wasn't a suicide like everyone thinks. Even his sister doesn't believe him. They wouldn't believe no matter how much he screams it wasn't suicide. How can it be a suicide if he was wearing his seatbelt? He would have just driven into Han River in the dead of the night if he wanted to die with his car. Okay so maybe he shouldn’t have said the last thought out loud to them….

 

It was aggravating that they didn’t listen to his pleas, logic, rational thoughts but one irrational thoughtless sarcastic comment and they take it to heart. And right now he can’t do anything about. He landed himself under the label of unstable with that.

 

They have already tagged him with impulsive, suicidal and depressive labels. Because they had seen the cuts and scars on his body. They had seen the anxiety and panic attack medicine. They have seen his sleeping pills.

 

Namsoon sighed after another argument with his sister before finally deciding to reach a conclusion with her. He looked at the ceiling clenching his jaw tight.

 

"Noona please. I will seek psychologist helpand will do as you say. Just…please I don't wanna stay in hospital anymore. Food really !"

 

Namsoon's sister, Go Eun Hee, sighed before smiling softly. She had almost lost her little brother. It was like living nightmare, and when they told her he tried to suicide. She was in hysteric. When she reached the hospital that she didn't know she was creating a scene. Hospital's psychologist helped her calmed down. Stayed with her and watched over her brother with a look of hidden compassion. She knew that if her brother was dealing with whatever the hell it was…she knew this doctor could save him. And she promised herself that she will save her brother.

 

"Go Namsoon. You take an oath that you will see psychological assistance of MY recommendation. You will stop over scheduling to point of exhaustion. You will visit home at least once a week! You will most definitely stop these medicines with side effects more lethal than cure.”

“Noona that is insane. You know I am perfectly fine. Even my neck is all healed and no broken spine.”

“Take an oath! Or noona will just die."

"Aiiiish noona, you're being too overdramatic!" Namsoon sighed rolling his eyes before meeting his sister’s determined eyes. Crap. She won’t let this go.

 

Eun Hee isn't going to budge. She almost lost her brother once. She isn't going to go through that again. Not if she can help it.

 

"Go Namsoon."

 

"Alright alright.” Namsoon silently crossed his heart holding up his pinky towards his sister in silent promise. Same as they had always done since young. He smirked when his sister jumped towards him holding him.

 “Now please can we go home?" Namsoon faced his noona almost begging to be let out of this hell hole.

She turned away towards the silent person perched on the bed watching them.

“Jung-In…you are a witness of this.”

 

“Of course. I will also personally make sure Namsoon-ah goes.”

 

Namsoon groaned looking between his lovely sister and the evil woman he loved oh so much right now. He will get out of this later, because right now he wants to celebrate. He was finally discharged thanks to his abnormal fast healing. He is known as tsunami for no reason, he is invincible and unnaturally blessed by gods and demons alike. But that is his one of the few family secrets.

 

Namsoon walked towards the car waving goodbye to the nurses. He wasn't sure but they looked like they were gonna cry.

“Are they actually crying?”

“Who wouldn't after losing such a handsome man like me?”

“Oh god…I really didn’t miss the smug narcissist .”

“Aww Jung-in…you love me.”

“Shut up. And call me Saem!”

 

Namsoon grinned to himself after waving at the nurses. Male and female alike and blew them a kiss winking as he got into shotgun seat. Eun-hee rolled her eyes before cuffing him on the head and pulling into lane driving him to his house. He turned back around to look at the woman sitting behind him. She was looking out the side door with her thin legs crossed. She turned towards him giving him half a smile.

“Hmm? Missing the hospital already?”

"Thank you, I wouldn't miss this hospital at all. Never coming back here!"

Eun-Hee laughed before making an eye contact with Jung-In from the rear view mirror as she spoke softly.

"Hmm...Too bad. You'll be coming here again and again."

 

"What?? Why would I do that?"

 

Jung-in spoke this time smiling at the frustrated face in front of her. "You will be seeing the psychologist at this very hospital. Your noona has already spoken to him."

 

Namsoon groaned out loud sinking back into the car seat. He probably will be meeting the one who put a label on his file as suicidal. He already hated that psychologist gut.

 

"Great...can't ing wait." Namsoon muttered

 

Noona smacked his arm muttering "language!"

 

After few days.

 

He sighed standing back in front of Seungri High Hospital. He walked inside the hospital with heavy steps. He had been stalling for past week returning to this stupid hospital. He had work to do. He had mysteries to solve. He needed to know what caused his accident. He has always been careful with everything. The line of work he was in. He needed his eye on every detail. He maybe invincible but he can’t avoid his older sister or…his adolescent crush. It was complicated okay…? He didn’t allow his brain to think about it.

 

Sighing as he walked into the building before smiling hugely as he walked towards the nurse station. The nurses were smiling at him praising his health and how glad they were to see him. They missed his handsome face. They asked him why he was back.

 

He smiled and felt shy at the attention. Even then it felt sort of familiar so I guess it wouldn’t be so bad to be back in the hospital. He had made good friends here too. Now if only he can get his hands on that stupid psychologist. He want to wrap his hand around that annoying doctor’s neck. He hasn’t even met him and already he wanted to kill him.

Probably an old guy who didn’t get laid and was out to destroy his life with his stupid psychoanalyzing him and telling his overprotective sister that he was suicidal. Goodness he hated the guy already without even knowing his name.

 

"Uhm...which floor is the psychologist at? I have an appointment with him."

 

One of the nurses responded, "seventh floor, are you leaving already?"

 

"Ah yes, I shouldn't be late. I will be seeing you ladies and gentlemen." he smiled charmingly before taking long strides entering the elevator.

 

Namsoon pressed the floor button and leaned back checking his appearance out in the mirrored wall. He tried smoothing his windblown chocolate brown messy hair unsuccessfully. He straighten his checkered shirt brushing the dust of his faded jeans. He looked down at his white sneakers. Something told him to look his best. He had to if he wanted to remove those label off of him.

 

He stopped messing with his hair and walked out of elevator towards the office happily enjoying how creative his imagination was in torturing nameless faceless psychologist. He found himself standing in front of a large office. He could see inside it easily. He saw a very pregnant receptionist on the phone talking flailing her arms around. He noticed another woman leaving a room from one of the door at the back of the room.

 

Namsoon sighed looking at the name on the entrance door reading the name of the doctor. He didn't even bother asking his sister about the doctor. She was already singing praises about him.

 

That's when he noticed the doctor coming out the same door as the other woman had come out of. He was tall probably one inch taller than him. His hair was side swept falling over his eyes. He was dressed fashionably in straight black pants and white shirt with the top two buttons open revealing slight tanned skin. He was staring at the notepad turning around and walked into another door. Namsoon got a very pretty view of that broad muscled back and beautiful swell of an that he could just dig his teeth in.

How…interesting.

He suddenly no hurry in clearing up misunderstandings and no hurry in leaving the office of the man who he had been fantasying killing. He will be fantasying about the man still but in…more appreciative way.

He casually walked into the office and smiled at te receptionist.

She looked him up and down before putting her phone down and smiling leaning towards him.

“Yes?”

“I am Go Namsoon. Here for my appointment?”

“Ah yes. Go right in. Doctor will join you soon. Make yourself…comfortable.”

Namsoon smiled at that knowing fully well that receptionist was flirting with him. He looked at her in the eye before moving his eyes at her belly before looking back at her raising his eyebrow.

He coolly replied a thanks and began moving towards the office instead of the room that receptionist pointed at. He was a man sure, but he has standards. He doesn’t go after married, or taken people. Sheesh give him some credit.

Just as he opened the office door ready to take a step in another body force was moving in his direction taking a step out of the room. They collided stumbling way into each other’s personal space getting.

Namsoon looked at the face that will be analyzing him very closely for next few weeks…or months if he can help it. Cause god he really wants to help it. Because he was staring at Zeus with the spirit of Hades judging from the fierceness of the glare that has him transfixed to the spot. The man was looking at him with widen eyes. His gaze flickered up and down his body slowly before staring back at his face and raising his brow.

Oh god…people always check out Namsoon. He loved every bit of that attention. But this one sent a chill down his spine and made him feel hot with just a raised brow. Can eyebrows be hot?

He cleared his throat standing up straighter giving his own appreciative gaze up and down the strong muscled body flickering at the biceps that seemed to get tight under his gaze. He smirked to himself…did the doctor really flexed for him?

Namsoon looked up from the broad chest into the eyes of the man and his lip. He smirked as he watched doctor’s gaze flickering to his lips before looking back at him. He smiled his private I-know-what-you’re-doing-and-I-am-into-it smile before he spoke.

“I am guessing…Park Heungsoo?”


AN: Guys sorry, there are going to be lots and lots of grammar mistake. I haven't had proper chance to edit it. I wanted to introduced Namsoon's character along with few others. I am so heavily involved in school that I am officially going on hiatus until after my exams. Please comment and let me know. I will come back to the story in right mind and will most likely edit this chapter better too.