JAEBOM'S BAIT

Time to Love

Before practicing alone with their dance partner, the boys and the girls were practicing together for the first time. Watching the other 10 practicing, Junho and Jaebom sat quietly on the couch. Jaebom was awfully quiet since morning and this kind of situation gave Junho, who sat beside him, chills.

“Hyung, did you eat your breakfast today?” asked Junho

“yeah, why”

“um..no, just asking”

“it’s a piece of cake, you know”

“ha?”

“this tango, it’s easy”

“yes it is. Hyung, why don’t we do the tango together since you’re really eager to do it?”

Jaebom looked at Junho with his ‘what the heck’ face, but he only said “are you stupid or what” with flat tone and he left for bathroom.

Again, Jaebom’s attitude left Junho with questions “did he smack his head in the bathroom or ate the outdated cereal? why didn't he hit me or something”

------------------------------------------------------

After practicing together, Hwayoung and Nam Yong left them to practice by themselves, especially the tango dancers need to build their chemistry together.
Sohee noticed that Junho left alone on the couch, “where is Jay oppa?”

“eh, I thought he was there with Junho” said Khun

“Jay oppa has been really quiet today”

“really?”, Khun didn’t seem to care about Jaebom’s head

“it’s strange” said sohee

“yeah well, Jay is never just an ordinary guy isn’t he? Sohee, I think I need to say sorry first if maybe you don’t like…..like ummm…being touched by me, but the uh.. choreo forced us, forced me to touch you. But I promise I…”

“it’s okay, oppa, really”

“I’m sorry, I…”

“no oppa, it’s okay. Please stop saying sorry.”

Khun smiled, “ahn sohee is a grown up now, not a shy little girl anymore but a professional entertainer”

“and oppa still a grandpa”

“what?!”

Sohee laughed, “oppa always worrying about things, like an old person”

“I don’t know an old person can dance tango”


“well they can”

“nuh uh”


Jay came back to the practice room and saw the girls and the boys are coupled up. The first thing he saw was Khun and Sohee, they were laughing together. And then he took a slight glimpse at Teacyon and Sunmi before he saw Chansung practicing his routine with Yeeun. It’s obvious that Chansung wanted to stop from practicing but he just couldn’t say it to Yeeun. Jay smirked, he knows how hard it is to confront Yeeun, she’s unstoppable. He looked at Junsu and Yubin, “meh, they’re still awkward”. Then he looked at Sunye and Wooyoung. Sunye and Wooyoung were practicing like a pro, sometimes Sunye laughed because of Wooyoung and then practicing again. Jaebom were observing Sunye and Wooyoung for quite some time until Hwayoung came back and told them to go to separate rooms and practicing with their partners.

Sohee and Khun were walking pass Jaebom and Jaebom patted Sohee’s head “Good luck, dongsaeng” “thanks Jay oppa, good luck to you too” said Sohee. “good luck Chansungie, Yeeun oppa” said Jay when Chansung and Yeeun walked pass him, “good luck to you too Binnie, Junsu. Be good you two”. When Sunmi and Taecyon were passing him, Jay tapped Sunmi’s shoulder and winked “Good luck, beautiful” “you didn’t give me a wink too?” Taec protested, “I’ll give you one, tonight, on your bed before you sleep” “Hyung, you do know that’s scary!”. Sunmi just laughed in the middle of this wink-problem. Lastly when Sunye and Wooyoung were walking pass him, Jaebom grab Sunye’s wrist “Be good, Sun” then he let go Sunye’s hand and closed the practice room door.


“you’re really close with Jay, Sohee?” asked Khun when they entered Room A, a smaller practice room.

“yes, we’re close. Oppa….”

“uh yes?”

“I think I need to apologize too”

“why? What’s wrong?”

“when you lift me, I’m so sorry if I’m…………………………………….. I’m heavy”


Chansung and Yeeun occupied the Room B, and inside Room C, Yubin and Junsu were practicing.

Suddenly sombebody knocked on the Room C door. Junsu opened the door and saw Junho “Hyung! You need to call the your friend who sold his high top sneakers to me because I haven’t got the shoes yet, it’s almost a week!”

“Junho, I’m in the middle of practicing here!”

“please hyung please………….” unfortunately Junho catch a small glimpse of Yubin, and as usual his mouth were hanging open and his eyes were glued to Yubin

“Junho? Ah seriously..”, Junsu pushed Junho and he closed the door behind him “stop looking at Yubin like that! It’s creepy! If you like her, then go approach her like a normal human being, I’ll help, just please stop harassing her like that”

“no hyung, I didn’t mean to harass her and I don’t like her that much. But dayyyyymnnnnnnn……… she’s hot!”

“yessss she is……um, no…. I mean, yes, she’s hot but you need to pull yourself together. It’s for your own good, for her own good, for 2PM too. What will Yubin think if she sees you looking at her like that, she’d think that you’re a ert and the other 2PM are ert too. And all the Wonder Girls would see us as erts!”

“you got your point, Hyung. I’ll act normal to Yubin noona. By the way, can you call your friend right now, my phone’s dead and it’s really important, hyung. You know that I get cheated a lot by online shopping stores” Junho begged his heart out

“okaaaay, I’ll call” when Junsu checked his phone, his phone was running out of battery too. “okay, I’ll call my friend right now, I’m gonna borrow Yubin’s phone. Wait here, okay, and no harassing!”

“Yubinaaaa” said Junsu sweetly when he opened the door “can I borrow you phone, it’s urgent”

“sure”, Yubin took her phone out of her bag and hand it to Junsu. A second before Junsu took her phone, Yubin realized that her phone wallpaper was Taeyang’s picture with his abs exposed.

“WAIT!’ she shouted, Junsu almost jumped because of shock “what? What?”

“wait for a sec, I forgot to reply my dad’s text. Please wait” Yubin turned her back against Junsu and quickly opened her phone gallery to replace her wallpaper. Her most recent photo in the gallery was her dad’s picture, she immediately put it as wallpaper. “here it is, sorry for making you wait” said Yubin, handing her phone to Junsu

When Junsu saw Yubin’s phone wallpaper, he thought “ah, this is must be her father. She put her father as wallpaper, not many girls do this anymore. Yubin is such a good person”


Inside Room D, Sunmi and Taecyon sat together after practicing the tango. For Sunmi, sitting together with Taec are more exhausting than tango because Taec makes her laugh non stop.

“Taec oppa don’t be sad, even though you aren’t paired with Yubin unni”

“nooo, I’m not sad, in fact I laught a lot because of you. I think, having Yubin here would be more fun but it’s more than enough with you. However, I’m curious, is it true that almost everyone knows that I like Yubin?”

“yes, almost. I don’t know about PD nim, but I think we all know about that”

“ah, what do I do? And my beautiful Sunmi, do you have a guy that you like? You know that you have to tell oppa if you find a guy that you like. I need to know if he’s good for you or not”

“yes oppa I will tell you, IF I find any. I don’t think I will find it now, maybe 5 years from now?”

“then our Sunmi will be old enough to marry?” Taec pretended to be sad “Sunmi will leave oppa and unnies”

“nooooooo… I’m gonna find a guy who won’t take me away from you guys. I promise!”
Taec laughed and then pat Sunmi’s head


“Timing is important” said Sunye, she and Wooyoung are practicing inside Room E.

“now since we remember all dance steps, can I take a rest for while. Please…..” Wooyoung begged with his puppy eyes and puffy cheeks

Sunye laughed and nodded “yes you can”

Sunye sat beside Wooyoung and started to talk about Wooyung’s feature. Wooyoung felt a little flattered even though sometimes Sunye make fun of his attitude. Suddenly Wooyoung remembered Jaebom’s grip on Sunye’s wrist

“oh, by the way, are you okay?” asked Wooyoung

“eh?”

“your hand, I saw Jaebom hyung grabbed your wrist. Was it hurt?”

“no, not at all. It’s classic Jaebom, you know. I’ve been worse hahahaha”

Wooyung was taken aback by Sunye’s words, what did Jaebom hyung do to Sunye? She has been worse? Wooyoung would never grabbed a girls wrist because girls are fragile, and Jaebom did worse than grabbing wrist. His innocent mind were confused with a little mix of curiosity about Jaebom and Sunye. He was the latest to join the company so he didn’t know anything about Sunye’s trainee period.

“Wooyoung, what’s wrong?” asked Sunye, she was worried with Wooyoung’s sudden silence

“nothing, I’m fine. Sunye, do you know ssanti dance? Let me show you”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebom was on the couch in 2PM’s dorm, his eyes were glued to laptop

“Jay, why were you messing with my partner?” asked Khun, he and the other 6 were just came back from the company’s office

“yeah, he messed with Sunmi too” said Taec

“and he even winked to Yeeun noona” said Chansung

“luckily Yubin didn’t give a mini cooper about him” Junsu added

“look at you, less than 24 hours paired with girls and y’all complaining that I’m messing with your partnes.s Tsk tsk tsk this is scary, we almost go separate ways because of girls”

“not just girls, hyung. They’re the Wonder Girls” said Chansung

“seriously, are guys in love with your partners?” asked Jaebom, dumbfounded

“no, but how was I suppose to build my chemistry with my partner if you’re messing with her head” said Khun

Jay smirked “aaaah so this is about spotlight and chemistry. Good, let me know if someone’s looking for engagement ring”

Deep inside, Jaebom was laughing. Somebody wasn’t complaining to him, and he bet there must be a good reason behind it.

 

 

***