Chapter 001

The Rising

I woke up bright and early this morning to get ready for my date. I had already picked out my outfit the day before. I found a gorgeous dress had short sleeves and cut off just at my knees. It has a subtle yet cute flower pattern. I put my favorite flats with it to complete the look. I applied some lip gloss and eyeliner and skipped to the kitchen to get breakfast.   

Downstairs was a small but functional kitchen. Since I lived by myself it was just enough for me, but my boyfriend and I decided we would live together after I turned 18 today.

My puppy, Kona, was still asleep on the blanket I had put down for his bed. I found him digging through thrash on the side of the road so I took him home and gave him a bath and, well he's kind of my baby. I guess we've both been abandoned.

I quickly ate a sand witch I prepared and made my way out the door, without waking up Kona.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I was picked up in front of my house by my boyfriend. He is the only person on earth I have left who loves me. My parents left me at an orphanage when I was 3 years old. I got adopted when I was 16 but my adopted father died a year ago.

"Hey babe, Happy 18th!" He said to me holding his arms open for a hug. I ran to his embrace. He opened the car door for me. I gave him a peck on the cheek to show my gratitude. He blushed then shut the car door and walked to the drivers seat.

We first decided to go to a movie then we would go to the spring fair. The theater was busy but we managed to get the seats we wanted for the show.

The show was coming to an end when I overheard some girls talking to each other. "Where is he? The movie's almost over and he hasn't even responded to any of my texts!" The girl said it like it was the end of the world. "He went to the bathroom because he wasn't feel well. I hope nothings wrong." The other girl said.

I just ignored the rest of the conversation got up from my seat when the film finished and tossed the empty popcorn bag into the garbage.

Me and Jun-myeon (a.k.a my boyfriend) decided we would take Kona with us to the fair. We parked the car in front of my house and I unlocked the door. As soon as the door opened Kona was already waiting or us. "Hi, boy! did you really miss me that much?" said giggling because he was my face.

We walked from my house to the fair. It was a perfect day, and nothing could ruin it.

By now we have almost reach the fair grounds. Two police cars drove past us at a fairly fast speed along with a ambulance. I didn't really think anything of it.

We made it to the fair. It was so cheerful and bright it made me even more eager to go on all of the rides I could. I pretty much had to force Jun-myeon to go on the Ferris wheel. I ended up get him to go on with me. We went around four times before we stopped at the top. The sky was clear but there was a slight breeze that teased my hair. The sound of sirens could be heard close by.

We had play a few games and ate lunch at 1:00 pm. A helicopter was going around the area, it worried me a bit, but not enough to ruin my time here.

We ended up in a corridor of cute little shops. The speakers started blaring a loud alert for the whole fair grounds.

"This is not a warning. I repeat this is not a warning. Please proceed to the exit for evacuation." The voice repeated over and over again.

My mind went blank before panic set in. I didn't realize the whole crowd was in chaos as everyone raced to the exit of the fair grounds. They were panicked, not caring who they trampled and stepped on. They turn to animals. The survival of the fittest.

Many people shoved me all over the place to the point were I had no clue where my boyfriend was. I held Kona in my arms to protect him from be stepped on. I was knocked to the ground, my screams were drowned out by the chaos of people. I was kicked in the back and my hand was trampled as I was shielding Kona.

A hand forced me too my  and I knew who it was. Jun-myeon pulled me into the nearest shop to get out of all the crowd of people.

We entered a small gift shop and closed the door tight behind us. There were five other people in here with us. A mother with her two children and the shopper keeper. The shop keeper had a gun in his hand and was pointing it at a man. The woman sat on the ground with her two children witch were crying.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted at the man with the gun.

"He's one of them! he's one of those things!" He yelled back at me.

"What are you talking about!? One of them? what is that supposed to mean?" Jun-myeon chimed in.

"I saw it with my own eyes! He's going to turn into one of them!" The man yelled. Horror stricken on his face.

"Unless you're one of them to.." He said. Switching the gun from the man on the ground to me.

"N-No! How c-could I b-be?" I managed to get my word out in a stutter, scared out of my wits.

"I'll just kill you. Yeah." The man said. His hands were shaking and all logic was gone from his tone.

I heard the click of a gun being cocked. Not know what to do I turned my body to keep the bullet from hitting Kona who was in my arms.

The sound of gun fire and screams could be heard through the streets of chaos.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello :P Welcome to the apocalypse. Sorry the chapter is so short but i hope you enjoy it :D

I will come up with a schedule for this story soon.

Anyway, Enjoy reading :)