Why?

Newcomer, New Feelings
Nobody's POV
 
 "Hey Jun I need to tell you something."
 
Jun looked up from the book he was reading and saw Mingming standing in front of him with a worried expression.
 
"Yeah sure anything you want Mingming."
 
Mingming grabbed Jun's wrist and brought him to the office where Jihoon currently was.
 
"Hey Jihoon-ah, do you mind if you leave for a bit, I need to tell Jun something."
 
Jihoon nodded, got up from his seat and left the room seeing how worried Mingming looked leaving Junhui and Mingming alone. Mingming closed the door behind him and looked at Jun who had a confused expression.
 
"Junhui I have something really important to tell you right now ."
 
Mingming looked down with a sad expression and Jun felt worry wash over him but he quickly recovered and went over to Mingming and held his wrist in support.
 
"You can tell me anything Mingming, we are bestfriends."
 
Jun smiled at his bestfriend and Mingming looked up at him.
 
"I-I.."
 
Mingming started to speak but as he tried to continue he started to feel tears start to form in his eyes. Mingming took a deep breath and blinked his tears away not looking at Jun.
 
"Junhui....I'm leaving"
 
Jun's smile immediately disappeared as he stared at Mingming who refused to look at his bestfriend.
 
"What do you mean you're leaving?"
 
Jun gulped and closed his eyes waiting for the response and prayed it wasn't the one he thought.
 
"Jun-ah....I'm leaving Seventeen."
 
Both boys felt tears prick their eyes as Jun spoke out.
 
"What? No, this is a joke. It has to be some sort of a prank, right Mingming?
 
Jun looked at Mingming with hope in his eyes but it died down immediately when he saw Mingming refusing to look him in the eye.
 
"Mingming, why?..."
 
Mingming let his tears run down his face after hearing the sadness in his bestfriend's voice.
 
"I-I'm sorry Junhui-ah.."
 
Jun felt devastated but he refused to let his tears fall until he got an answer.
 
'"Answer me Mingming, please..."
 
Mingming looked up at him and looked away.
 
"I'm going b-back to China..."
 
Jun opened his mouth to speak but closed it after feeling his tears start to fall. He understood the reason perfectly even though it wasn't really spoken, but every part of him wanted to disagree and convince his bestfriend to stay, but he knew he couldn't do that. Jun knew that if it were him to have made that decision Mingming would have supported him completely even if they were both sad.
 
"I'm sorry.."
 

 

"NO STAY!!!"

 

Jun shot up from his bed breathing heavily and with tears in the corners of his eyes.

 

Jeonghan burst through the door, hair messy and a worried expression.

 

"Junhui, are you okay?"

 

Jun nodded at him after wiping his eyes.

 

"Just a nightmare hyung, don't worry."

 

Jeonghan sighed with relief and left closing the door behind him. Jun fell back on the bed after his hyung left and curled up trying to comprehend what just happened. He wanted to sob after having that memory play in his head but he held it in. He looked at the clock and saw that it was only 4:00 am so he had a couple hours before the rest of the group woke up. He contemplated going back to sleep but he really didn't want anybody to worry about him, it was already bad enough that he shouted out and woke up Jeonghan. Junhui shuffled out of bed and put on his robe and softly walked to the balcony to avoid waking anybody else up.

 

"I don't know what to do.."

 

Jun whispered to himself as he gazed out to the sky.

 

"My bestfriend left and now I'm getting nightmares about it."

 

Jun sighed as he ruffled his hair. He wasn't so sad anymore knowing that Mingming was now probably happier being closer to his family.

 

"What if I left too, it's not too late, then I could see my family....what am I saying? I can't leave Seventeen. This is my dream and I can't give up on the others, they don't deserve to have their debut....our debut postponed any longer than it is already..."

 

Jun groaned in frustration and covered his face with his hands.

 

"That's it.....I am going to stay and I'm going to accept the new member no matter what. He could be a really nice person and we could be friends...but he would never be a replacement, nobody can and nobody will...we could still be bestfriends and then Seventeen will finally be able to debut."

 

Jun smiled as he continued to babble about his choice. He stopped himself after running out of breath and he thought of somehting that made his happiness take an abrupt stop.

 

"What if Mingming found a replacement for me?...."

 

Jun never thought about that before but he immediately brushed away the thought.

 

"Whatever he did or does, it's not my choice, and I respect that. Hansol was right I just need to move on and maybe find another bestfriend, it doens't mean I'm forgetting about Mingming."

 

Jun sighed, not completely agreeing with himself on what he just said. He wanted to scream out of frustration.

 

"Why can't I just move on?..........Why can't I just accept reality?...........Why did this even happen to me?.............Why did my bestfriend have to make the choice to leave?..............Why Mingming?...........Why?

 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry again for not having Minghao in this chapter but I really felt like writing about Jun's past and memories. I promise in at least 3 chapters, Minghao will show up. Just to let you know, the time in between each time I update will vary because I update when I can, and my free time varies throughout the week.  Thanks for subscribing, for votes and for comments but most of all for reading! Luv you all!