Mind Filling Thoughts

Newcomer, New Feelings

  Jun POV

     Mingming left.....and now I'm the only chinese member in Seventeen left, I mean I shouldn't be a brat about it because I do trust and support Mingming on his choice, but still I guess it is natural to feel abondoned. He was my best friend in all of seventeen and now he's gone....gosh why am I talking like he died, he is just in China and.....I'm in Korea.... Who am I kidding? I miss him way too much and I don't even know if Seventeen will ever be the same for me, I like the other members....but it's different. We were both chinese, we had a special culture and language bond and we were able to converse to each other in a language which only we could understand, and now we can't....well we still could on the phone or when we visit but that would be rare because of our soon to be filled schedules, not that we don't already have jam packed schedules....I don't like to complain but I just don't know how to properly deal with my bestfriend not being here with me.

 

"WONWOO, JIHOON, JUNHUI, SEOKMIN, IT'S TIME TO EAT, EVERYBODY ELSE IS ALREADY HERE."

 

Jeez there goes my peaceful inner confessing moment. Why does Soonyoung have to be so loud? I hear muttering outside my door as somebody walks past, I guess I'm not the only one who is sick of the yelling.

 

"DAMNIT SOONYOUNG I HAD AN IDEA FOR THE SONG CHORUS BUT YOUR DAMN LOUD MOUTH MADE ME LOSE MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT!"

 

I can now hear Jihoon screaming back. Well then, Soonyoung is gonna die.

 

"Just hurry up and get over here you guys." 

 

I guess Cheol hyung had enough of the yelling. Guess I better listen to the leader and make my way over there.

 

Nobody's POV

 

When all the members finished eating, Seungcheol stood up.

 

"Okay guys, I have an important message to tell you, manager-nim gave me some pretty important news......we are getting a new member."

 

Seungcheol grinned at s. Some looked surprised but most of them looked genuinely happy.

 

"What is his name? How old is he? Is he Korean? Does he know other languages? Is he a good singer? Is he better at dancing? What about rapping? When are we going to meet him? Is he going to come? Is he already here?"

 

Soonyoung and Seokmin bustled the leader with questions, half of them too fast for the others to properly understand. 

 

"Shut up you two, I'm going to get a headache from all those questions." 

 

Jihoon snapped at the two causing them to shut up immediately. The leader continued. 

 

"I don't know for sure but I think his name is Xu Minghao and he is Chinese." 

 

Jun gaped.

 

"We are going to meet him tommorow after practice, and before I forget to tell you, try not to overwhelm him, remember there are 12 of us." 

 

All of them nodded. 

 

"I wonder if he's cute."

 

"What the hell Wonwoo." 

 

"What!? I'm just curious."

 

The leader face palmed.

 

"You are all dismissed." 

 

All the members got up and left to do whatever, but one member stayed behind, too lost in thought to move.

 

"Yah, Jun. Are you okay? You look like you are lost."

 

The voice of Jisoo suddenly cut through Jun's thoughts.

 

"Huh? I mean ya I'm fine.."

 

 

Jisoo gave him a look that said otherwise but he just nodded and left Jun alone. A loud sigh of relief made it's way out of Junhui's mouth as he shuffled back to his shared room. It was only 8:00pm because they had no practice but all Jun wanted was to sleep and forget about all of his thoughts and confusion. He wasn't sure whether to be happy, sad, angry or none. A loud knock was heard from beyond the door. 

 

"Hey it's just me.... Jisoo told me about how you looked so lost just now, you have been acting strange lately hyung, can I come in?"

 

A sigh could be heard, then the shuffling of feet and finally the creak of a door being opened revealing a curious Hansol.

 

"I'm just tired, that's all, don't worry about me Hansol...."

 

Vernon sighed and came in to sit on the bed after closing the door.

 

"Hyung are you stupid?"

 

Junhui looked up with a confused expression and Vernon just sighed again.

 

"Do you know how obvious you are? All of us can see, even the maknae."

 

Jun's eyes widen.

 

"All of us know that you feel empty without Mingming and that you don't know how to feel about having a new Chinese member join but I'm going to be blunt about this because Seventeen's future depends on ALL of our teamwork including the new member. Jun hyung you need to move on, we all were affected by him leaving and the others leaving too. Mingming wasn't the only one who left you know, Dongjin, Samuel, and Doyoon left too... I don't know if you aren't but you need to think of everybody else and not just yourself, we all know what your going through, I know it's hard but you need to accept it. We are Seventeen and we need to think of each other, we can't afford to be selfish."

 

And with that Hansol got up and left without giving Junhui a chance to answer. Jun just sat there dumbfounded because he had never known Vernon to be so concerned and thoughtful about anything. He knew deep down that Hansol was right but part of him kept on denying it. Now with a mind even more filled with thoughts, Jun went to bed and fell asleep and had a night filled with dreams.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys, I'm so sorry I took way too long to update, school has been killing me but I managed to write the first chapter. This is just the beginning with Jun's thought but I promise Minghao will be here soon! And damn I don't know why I made Vernon so deep and meaningful but you know I guess "kidney function is not a right, it is a privilege"