Time Machine

That Should Be Me

you asked for a sequel. so...... HERE IT IS! 
sorry i kept you waiting. :P

 

Tiffany's POV

We are walking at the park where you always bring me to.
I had asked you why you love to come here. You said you love this place but I felt that it was not the only reason.
There is something else.


*Flashback*

The first time we went there....
We sat on a bench and enjoyed the scenery. The beautiful sunset.
The view was breathtaking. The orange sun merging with the quiet lake. The clouds forming nicely in the sky. 
It was picteresque.

Then, I heard sniffing. I turned around and saw you wiping your cheeks.

"W-why are you crying?" I was still awkward around you. It was only a few days after we got together. I had feelings for you since we got close to each other and you suddenly confessed to me. I didn't know if I should I accept you, knowing about what happened between you and Yuri. But I did in the end because I didn't want to hurt you.

You didn't reply and only shook your head. 
I decided to let it go and not disturb your thoughts.

*End of Flashback*


All of a sudden, you let go of my hands. I thought there was something wrong. But you skipped infront of me and took me by the lips. 
I love your surprises but it was just too sudden this time.

You bit my lower lips lightly, making me moan softly. 
'Why are you seducing me so suddenly? And at a park with many people around.
I pulled away from you immediately, when I heard footsteps of someone running.
Turning to the sound, I saw Yuri running away. Crying.

I looked back at you. You were watching Yuri running away, with a smirk on your face. More like a sorry one.
"Why'd you just do that?"

"Because I love you, Tiffany." you looked at me and smiled at me, cupping my face again.

"No. You wanted to make her jealous..." I pushed your hands down gently. "Stop it, Jessie. You are not only hurting her. You're hurting me too." 

"Fany..."

"I should have known. You still love her..." My eyes teared. It is hard for me. I know it is not for you. "It's over, Jessie. Goodbye." 

 

Jessica's POV

"It's over, Jessie. Goodbye." You walked away and leave me all alone, speechless. 

I threw myself on the nearest bench. 'What did I just do?'

"It's all your fault, Yuri."


*Flashback*

"I'm sorry, Sica... Not now. I- I can't." You said softly as you let go of my hands.

I gulped. I didn't expect this. Not at all....

I took off on my heels, running away from you. I couldn't see your face anymore. It hurts.

At night, you messaged me, asking for forgiveness again. Explaining again.

'I'm sorry. I need some time alone...' I replied.

*End of Flashback*

 

Listen to this while reading this part!!

 

Yuri's POV

I took a train back to my hometown. Staying in Seoul would only break my heart more and more until nothing's left.

 

Wish I could take it back.
I can't rewind, undo what's done.
 
 
*Flashback*
 
"Yuri..." You called. With a sad look on your face.
 
We were watching movies at my house that day to celebrate the last day of school.
 
"Neh, Sica?" I folded my arms, putting it on the seat of the sofa and resting my chin on them. 
 
"It's been almost a year since we confessed.... Why are we still not dating?" 
 
A pang of guilt hit me. We were not dating because of me. I took so long to decide when to make our relationship official. 
We were going so well with each other. The problems we overcame together, the fights we had. They were all minor.
Why didn't I want to officialise our relationship yet?
 
Yoona confessed to me.
 
The day after me and Sica confessed to each other.
 
I was confused. I didn't know what to do. 
I have always treated Yoona like my twin sister. How can I not be astounded when I found out she actually likes me?
I didn't want to hurt her by going out with Jessica as soon as I sadly rejected her.
A selfish person I am, I made the decision to only make us official after Yoona have moved on. I didn't want her to think that I got with Sica to avoid her.
 
I had told her that I only treat her not more than like a sister.
I didn't know that it would only make it worst. Knowing I'm single, she tried so hard to win my heart over. 
She clinged onto me. I couldn't push her away, and ended up breaking Sica's heart.
 
That day, you suddenly asked me why were we still not dating. 
"Not yet, Sica..." I said heavily as I took played with her fingers, avoiding eye contact with her.
"Wae??" Tears formed in your eyes. "Are you in love with Yoona now...?" 
"No, Sica! She's like my sister. You know that." I sat up straight.
"Then? What are you waiting for? Let's just be official. I'm tired of hiding.."
I took in a deep breath and look deep into her eyes.
"I'm sorry, Sica... Not now. I- I can't." I let go of her hands slowly.
 
You got up slowly, and left. I couldn't bring myself to stop you. Why...?
 
One mistake. That one regret.
 
That night, I called you continuously but you never picked up. 
I texted you, apologising again. Explaining again. 
You said sorry and told me that you need some time alone.
I hate myself for hurting you.
What can I do? I gotta let you go.
 
No apology is gonna get this on track.
 
*End of Flashback*
 
I've waited. For months. 
 
My conscience weights so heavy.
Like a boulder since you left me.
 
All of a sudden, news came out that you are going out with her.
You purposely walk with her, at places you know I would always be at. 
Always having that sly smile. Showing me how you are fine without me. Showing me how wrong I was to keep you waiting.
Making me fall into pieces. But you won't even know.
The pain inside is eating me alive.
 
I love you.
I miss you.
I need you.
All those sentences slept with me at night, accompanied by tears that dampen my pillow.
 
I need a time machine.
The fastest there's ever been.
So, i can get you back with me.
Rewind that all in the past.
Never wanted anything so bad.
I cannot move on, cos now that my future,
has become your past.
 
Tears were running from my eyes, like a water pipe. 
Even after months, I still feel so hurt. 
But, I've only got myself to blame.
 
 
 
My phone vibrated. A text came in.
From Tiffany.
'I broke up with Sica. She still loves you. Please take care of her. Don't worry, I'm fine. :) She's at the park, btw.' It said.
My eyes automatically stopped tearing. 
I wanted to smile but I feel bad for Tiffany.
'Thanks so much! I will.' I replied quickly and ran out of the house, wiping my tears.
 
Earlier, I swore to myself never to step in that park anymore, but here I am again. Searching for the girl I have always loved.
I found you easily. 
Sitting on the bench, staring into blank space. 
I approached you.
Your cheeks were wet.
 
"Jessica..." 
You looked up at me, with the face of a lost child who had just found her mother.
"Tiffany told me. I-" You took me by surprise when you immediately stood up and hugged me.
"I still love you, Yuri. I can't forget you. I'm sorry." we cried.
"I'm sorry too. I love you, Sica. I miss you." I hugged you tighter and then you loosened your arms around me, and took my face in your hands.
 
"I will love you forever." You pulled my face as you tiptoed and kissed me on the lips. 
Hugging you tightly, I lifted up your body and turn us around, kissing you deeper and passionately. 
Your hands grabbing my neck as we chuckled between kisses.
 
My tears were dried, and finally my smile is back.
 
Guess I don't need a time machine after all. :)
 
 
 
THE END
 
 
 
yeay! happy ending!
i know, it doesn't suit the song but i really wanted a happy ending. xP
thanks for waiting patiently. ;)