I'm Ill

Twins?!

-Soonyeon's POV-

The next few weeks were hectic. Balancing school, wedding plans, and now my life as a trainee, I was beginning to feel stressed.

“Keep your head forward Soonyeon, there we go!” my trainer, Yujeong, gently told me. Keeping the books on my head balanced, I heard the door open. Slowly spinning around, I found Woozi and the rest of SEVENTEEN standing there.

“Hey guys, practice over?” I asked, taking the books off my head. They nodded, Hoshi continually wiping sweat from his forehead.

“You can take a break for now Soonyeon, I’ll catch up with you soon okay?” Yujeong gave me a hug, leaving after grabbing her beg.

“See ya soon Jeong,” I waved to her, getting a drink of water. Turning to face the boys, I suddenly began to feel dizzy. I grabbed onto the wall. “Whoa.”

My eyesight was beginning to fade out as I felt my knees fold. Someone caught me quickly before I hit the floor.

“Soonyeon? You okay?” I heard a voice call out to me. It was the last thing I heard before blacking out.

-Woozi’s POV-

I watched as Soonyeon went to go grab a drink of water from her bottle. She set it down and turned to face us. I opened my mouth to ask her how training was going along but I saw her turn a bit pale. I quickly rushed over to her as her legs folded.

“Soonyeon? You okay?” I asked as her eyes closed. I felt myself going scared and looked over at the other members, who had already sprang into action. Seungcheol was calling for an ambulance, Jeonghan ran for her trainer, and Joshua called the Kwon’s house as the other members made a makeshift bed for her.  Jun helped me carry Soonyeon, placing her gently on the bed. I gripped onto her hand as Hoshi sat on her other side, looking blankly at his sister.

The door burst open and we all jumped, watching as the paramedics shooed everyone away and gently lifted Soonyeon onto a stretcher.

“Which one of you are related to her?” one of them asked. Hoshi and I raised our hands. He nodded, signaling for us to follow him. Hoshi sent me a look but I ignored him, following Soonyeon. We sat in the back of the ambulance as it took off.

“So you guys are siblings correct?” the man asked us. Hoshi nodded but I shook my head.

“I’m her fiancé,” I explained, hoping he wouldn’t kick me out. He didn’t, just nodded instead, scribbling down notes. We reached the hospital, where they put Soonyeon in a room while Hoshi and I waited outside. Hoshi filled out forms until his parents arrived, where they took over filling them out. Once they turned them in, they rounded on us.

“What happened?”

“All of a sudden?”

“Is she okay?”

The other SEVENTEEN members stumbled through the doors as well. We quickly explained what had happened and we all sat down, waiting impatiently. Thirty minutes passed… an hour… then another half an hour. The doctor came towards us and I jumped up immediately, running up to him. He checked his notes.

“Kwon Soonyeon's family, I assume?” he asked, looking behind me at the crowd of people. I nodded.

“How is she?” I asked, impatiently waiting for the answer. He checked his notes again.

“Well, she’s perfectly fine, it was nothing too serious,” he started and I sighed in relief along with the rest of the members. “She’s been too stressed out lately, it finally took a toll on her. I’ve prescribed her some medication but I also suggest that she rest for a few weeks before she gets up and running on her feet. She’s still sleeping but you may go visit her now.”

With that, he gestured to her door. All of us rushed up to it and I was bumped headfirst into the door, making a loud thump sound. A nurse opened it, putting a finger to her lips.

“Five guests at a time please,” she said before exiting with the other nurses. I caught a glimpse of Soonyeon's sleeping figure on the bed before they shut the door completely. I turned to the people behind me and we quickly organized ourselves as quietly as possible. We would go from oldest to youngest, me, Hoshi, and her parents last.

“Only a few minutes okay?” Hoshi told the groups as they entered, bouncing impatiently on his heels. They stayed in longer than usual, making me knock on the door so they would come outside. When it was finally my turn, I walked in to find Soonyeon laying down in bed, looking bored on her phone. She looked up.

“Jihoon!” her face lit up and she immediately sat up, giving me a hug. I embraced her tightly, letting go so her family could give her a hug too. Seeing her looking well, I couldn’t stop tears from welling up. She laughed softly as I walked over to her, gripping onto her hand for dear life. She wiped my tears away.

“Jihoon, I’m okay, don’t cry. Please?” she said, and I could see tears welling up in her eyes too.

-Soonyeon's POV-

I made eye contact with Hoshi, who got my message. He shooed our parents out of the room, closing the door behind them. Woozi snuggled next to me on the bed. Sniffling, I handed him a tissue. He wiped his eyes and laughed.

“You’re the one telling me not to cry but you’re crying too Soonyeon,” he grinned, wiping at my face gently. I laughed through my tears.

“Seeing you cry makes me cry too,” I said, wrapping my arms around him under the blanket. After a few seconds of silence, I felt his hands running through my hair.

“You scared me to death today Soonyeon, I almost died myself when you fainted,” I heard him say into my ear.

“I’m sorry Jihoon, I—”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were stressed out?”

I fell silent at his words. He lifted my chin up so we were looking at each other and I sighed.

“You looked stressed as well, I didn’t want to bother you,” I mumbled and he let go of me. “Every time I peeked into the practice room, you guys were always practicing your hardest, I didn’t want to interrupt. And when you were alone, you were always in the studio, composing. I wanted to surprise you but my breaks aren’t as long as yours.”

“I should’ve made time to see you then,” he muttered as the door opened. My mom poked her head in. I shifted a bit so I could face her properly.

“Are you feeling better now Soonyeon?” she asked and I nodded. “I just wanted to ask, if you’re not feeling better by the wedding, we’ll have to push the date up a bit further, will that be okay?”

“The wedding?” I glanced at my phone. The wedding countdown showed 2 weeks left. “How long do I have to stay in bed rest?”

“The doctor said not to push it too far but we’ve still got other things to do for the wedding…”

“Then we’ll continue!” I demanded. “We’ve spent all this time, making invitations and planning this all out. I refuse to push the date because I fell sick. I promise I’ll get better within the week.”

I saw Woozi smile and my mom nodded.

“I’ll tell Mrs. Lee then. She wanted to know. I’ll get you discharged okay?” she left the room. I sighed as Woozi continued playing with my hair.

“Does that mean I have to push you around in a wheelchair?” he joked as I smacked him playfully.

“If I end up in a wheelchair, that’s the end of my modeling career!”

A few minutes later, I was plopped down in a wheelchair. Woozi snickered as he pushed me.

“You’ll be staying at home while I work then?” he leaned down next to my ear. I smacked his cheek slightly.

“What about a no?” I said as we reached the car. Hoshi helped me into the car, Woozi next to me. My parents took off, driving slowly so I wouldn’t become “nauseous”. I rolled my eyes.

“My first time in the hospital and this is what you guys do? Drive normally please,” I instructed. We reached my place, where Mrs. Lee was waiting, holding a suitcase.

“How are you feeling Soonyeon?” she asked as my dad unlocked the front door.

“Great actually. What’s the suitcase for?” I pointed at it. She handed it to Jihoon, who took it, looking confused.

“Jihoon will stay here with you guys until the wedding. Also so he can help look after you while your mom and I go over the wedding plans.”

“Soonyoung, go get the air mattress for our guest, put it in Soonyeon's room for him too,” my mom said, going into the kitchen with Mrs. Lee.

“Why in Soonyeon's room though?” he asked, taking the deflated lump out of the storage. I shrugged.

“Better than waking up to your face every morning at least,” I muttered, loud enough for him to hear. He gave me a look as he went upstairs, almost tripping over the plastic as it inflated by itself. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m okay thanks for asking!” he yelled, going into my room. Jihoon looked at the luggage.

“Sit down first Soonyeon, I’ll be right back,” he said, dragging the suitcase upstairs. I sat on the couch, waiting. A few seconds later, Jihoon came back down, sitting next to me. I leaned my head onto him.

“What should we do now that I can’t even leave the house?” I asked, staring straight ahead. Our eyes met through the TV screen. He poked my nose.

“I’ll be your doctor until the wedding okay? Let’s go see if Hoshi’s done,” he said, taking my hand and going upstairs. Hoshi was just finishing setting up pillows and blankets on the mattress.

“That looks pretty comfortable,” I sat down on it, bouncing up and down on it, transferring onto my bed after.

“Time for dinner everyone!” I heard my mom yell. We went downstairs, bidding Mrs. Lee goodbye as we sat down. After dinner, Hoshi and Woozi did the dishes while I went up to shower. Knowing how long Hoshi took when doing dishes, I wrapped my towel around me and stepped into my room, where I found Woozi already sitting on his bed. He looked up as I screamed from shock. He yelped, quickly covering his eyes with the blanket, almost falling off the bed. I ran for cover in my closet, quickly dressing in the darkness.

“You guys are done with dishes already?” I asked the blanket wall.

“Yeah, Hoshi let me come upstairs early. He finished up the rest,” Woozi said from behind the wall. I finished dressing and walked over, pulling the blanket out of his hands. He looked up and grinned.

“Does this happen often?” he asked, taking the towel from me and gently drying my hair with the hairdryer.

“Hoshi comes into my room randomly sometimes when I shower, it’s crazy how many times he’s slept in my room on the floor.”

“He’s just crazy in general.”

“Hey, I heard that. And get off her bed Woozi,” Hoshi poked his head in and out.

“Stop sneaking cookies into your room Kwon Soonyoung!” I yelled, grinning as he threw a couple of packaged cookies into my room. I handed a pack to Woozi. “He does this all the time, he asks me not to tell so I just demand cookies in return.”

“You’re just too smart aren’t you?” Woozi pinched my cheek. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“You’re smart too. By not bringing me tomorrow’s homework. Deal?”

“We’ll see,” he said, leaning back. After brushing our teeth and turning out the lights, I laid back in bed. I sighed.

“Soonyeon?” I heard Woozi ask.

“Yes Jihoon?” I replied. I heard his bed move and then mine. I turned myself around in bed to find Woozi next to me under the blanket, grinning, his dimples showing in the moonlight. He hugged me, his body heat warming me up.

“Get some rest, okay? You promised you’d get better quickly,” he mumbled. I nodded, feeling myself drifting off to sleep quickly.

-morning-

I felt a plush toy in my hands and focused my eyes to find the plush otter Dino had bought me (chapter 10 for those who forgot hehe) in my arms, along with a note. I sat up, reading it.

My sleeping beauty! By the time you wake up, I should almost be back from school with Soonyoung. Stay in bed until I arrive okay? – J

I grinned, getting up to brush my teeth before flopping back into my bed. I checked the time and saw the boys should be getting out from school by now. I didn’t have to wait long, Woozi burst into my room a few minutes later.

“Jihoon!” I sprang off the bed and into his arms. He gave me a peck on my cheek then held up a bag. “What is that?”

“Your medicine,” he simply said, shaking the paper bag. I could hear the pills rattling around and took the bag, taking out the bottle.

“This looks like it’s only for a week though?” I counted the little pills.

“You only need to swallow one every day until there’s no more.”

“These are tiny, I’ll drink one right now. Put them downstairs in the medicine cabinet for me?”

As he left, I quickly swallowed the tiny pill with water. I went downstairs to fine Mrs. Lee and my mom at the kitchen table.

“Pink or lilac though?” I heard my mom ask.

“Pink of course,” I said, looking at what they were looking at. It was the bouquet of flowers that I would throw behind me. I began to feel excited, bouncing around on my feet. Jihoon brought me back upstairs, where he quickly finished his homework and settled down in front of me on my bed for a board game. After an hour of nonstop whining and complaints (mainly from Woozi), I ended up winning the game.

“I let you win,” Woozi claimed.

“Did not, you crushed me earlier,” I huffed.

“But I let you win eventually,” he replied, putting the game away as I pouted. He gave me a peck on my lips and began advancing towards me on the bed. He grabbed me suddenly, pulling me down and I was under him within an instant, his body hovering over mine. He gently lowered himself on top of me then flipped us both over so I was laying on top of him. He hugged my waist so I couldn’t move. I buried my face into his neck, sighing as I inhaled his scent for a few minutes.

“WHOA THERE MAN!” I heard a yell and almost fell off Woozi. Looking at the doorway, I saw Hoshi with another package of cookies.

“LEARN TO KNOCK KWON SOONYOUNG!” I yelled back.

“SORRY NOT SORRY!” I heard him yell from his room and I shook my head, putting it back on Woozi’s chest. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I looked up, my hair covering my face in the process. He gently tucked the stray strands away from my face and behind my ear and leaned upward. I bent down and our lips met in a kiss.

“GET A ROOM YOU TWO!” I heard Hoshi yell and I broke off, running to smack Hoshi on the head before going back into my room.

“Technically, we are in a room though?” Woozi asked.

 

A/N: I had to drag myself out of bed to finish this chapter and it's not because I didn't want to but it's because I got sick during school yesterday, I went home and fell asleep but I think my condition worsened. So I will try my best to update, but for now, I will focus on staying on top of my grades and getting better as well. I'll most likely update on a random day so look out for the notification! ~N