Chapter One

[one-shot] That Moment

The boy stood there with a letter in front of him, staring off to a distance away-- there at the other end of the walkway stood the other. That was when the boy finally hit reality again, what am I doing? What’s wrong with me? What had gotten over me? The boy didn’t know how to answer his self anymore, his heart was now racing faster than usual.

Students around him stopped and stared, as they all grew curious to why this boy that everyone was afraid off, is now standing in the middle of the walkway talking to his self, uncomfortable and nervous.

It was almost time for the morning bell to ring, as the boy continued to stand there unable to move, his heart racing faster than his mind can think, as the grip on the letter tighten.

Not paying any attention to those around him, he watched the other boy walked toward him, everyone he passed he greeted them with that smiled of his—that smiled that can stop any beating heart. Not once did the other acknowledge him, would he even notice me? Does he even know what kind of situation I’m in?

Suddenly the two made eye contact as the nervous boy quickly looked away. His heart catching its pace, his body feel like it was going to break down any second, his hand started shaking-- his body didn’t feel like it was his anymore. Knowing that the other boy was now making his way toward him, he stood there trying his best to not overreact.

“Good morning Wonshik.”

Hearing his voice, the boy’s heart dropped, he was more than nervous now, he could feel his face burning up.

Before he could even think, he threw the letter at him, “Here.” he said, as he ran off.

Running a distance away, the boy’s legs finally gave out of him, as he collapsed to the ground. This was the first time that he ever felt this way, what’s wrong with me? Why am I acting like this? The same unanswered questions now filled his mind once more. He sat there unable to think straight, he didn’t know what to do.

The warning bell rung, causing the boy to snapped back to reality. Nothing’s wrong with me. Why should I be nervous? After a while the boy finally calmed his heart down, he slowly stood up, looking around he notice something was missing.

Wonshik panic as he quickly checked all his pockets and his surrounding, “Where did it go?” he mumbled, still looking around. His letter was now nowhere to be found.

Trying to retrace his step, the boy’s eyes widen, as he remember throwing his letter at the other before running off, “.”

Wonshik quickly ran toward the school building to look for the other.

Opening the door to his classroom, everyone stared at him. Not playing any attention to them, the boy quickly scanned the room, as the other was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Jaehwan?” he asked looking at the students.

Staring at him, all they did was shrugged.

The boy quickly left the room, “I have to get the letter back.”

Running up the stairs, the boy can only hope that the other have not open it, have not took knowledge of it, just hope that he tossed it away.

Wonshik can only think of one other place that the boy would be, “Please be up here.” he mumbled climbing up the stairs as fast as he can.

Popping the rooftop door open, there at the corner of his eyes, he saw a figure. Looking he saw the person he was looking for, Jaehwan.

Jaehwan sat there on the bench looking up to the sky.

Even at time like this, Wonshik couldn’t help by took notice of how handsome and peaceful the boy looked, quickly he shook his head, what’s wrong with me?

The boy walked over to the other, as he got closer he grew more and more nervous, “Jaehwan,” he managed to say.

Hearing his name being called, Jaehwan looked at him, seeing the other, a smile grew across his face.

Seeing the boy’s smile, Wonshik’s heart was now again not stable, it suddenly started racing again. Quickly he try to straighten his self, “I’m sorry” he apologized.

The boy looked at him in confusion, “For what?”

“For…” he paused, as he can feel his heart beating faster, “I’m sorry for giving you such a letter, I didn’t mean it that way, I’m… I don’t-” he was now stumbling on his own words, as he was now unsure what he wanted to say.

It is now or never. Don’t lose this chance.

“No.” he shook his head. Taking a deep breath, hoping it calmed his heart a little, “I… I… I like you.” he mumbled, “I like you, a lot.” he said, growing frustrated with his self, “Ahh!” he yelled, “I never thought I would be saying this, but I do, and I don’t think I can hide it anymore.” Wonshik begin, “Jaehwan, I like you. I have never imagine myself having feeling for someone like you, someone that is so friendly to everyone, some that is so smart—a top student,” Wonshik stopped, as he closed his eyes, he took another deep breath, opening his eyes once more, he looked at the other, “I thought it was nothing at first, I thought I was just losing my mind. But before you knew it, wanted to talk to you every day, I wanted to hear your voice, wanted to see your smile… then suddenly I wanted to be with you every day.” he paused once again, his heart now feel like it was going to jump off his chest—it wanted to grabbed the other, hold him close. “All I know right now is, Jaehwan, I really, really, really like you.”

Jaehwan suddenly smiled at him, “Wonshik,” he started, “I like you too.” he added, as his face slowly turned red, “I like you since the first day I saw you. There was something about you, something that kept pulling me, I kept wanting to get to know you better, but everyone kept telling me that I shouldn’t get involve with someone like you.” he paused, “Then when they assigned me as your tutor, I knew I had to take the chance. I knew this was the only way to get closer to you, to be by your side without any judgements.” he added, “Wonshik, I too, really, really, really like you.”

Hearing Jaehwan respond, Wonshik’s eyes widen, as he didn’t know how to answer the other now. His heart seem to be jumping for joy. Slowly a smile grew across his face, “How can you be so cute?” he responded.

Jaehwan’s face flushed red, as he heard the other, quickly he turned away trying to hide his embarrassment.

The boy couldn’t help, but smiled at the other’s reaction, shaking his head slowly, he walked over to where the other had turned.

All this time he was nervous, scare, and didn’t know what to do, but at the end, the other was more embarrass than he was.

Wonshik cupped Jaehwan’s face, as he guided it up toward his, still smiling at the other. Slowly he moved in closer to the other, now theirs’ faces was only a few inches apart, looking deep into each other’s eyes, Wonshik sealed the boy’s lips with his own.

Nothing seem to have matter to them anymore. The world suddenly slowed down, as it felt like they were the only two that existed. That moment felt like it lasted forever, as they both sunk into each other lips.

Breaking away, Wonshik leaned his forehead on Jaehwan’s, “You are just too cute to resisted.” he whispered.

Jaehwan smiled, “And that’s why I like you.” he said, as he sealed theirs’ lips once more.

**END**