Final

Where Could My Love Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everything was not going according to plan.

Chanyeol had asked for the restaurant to have light pink peonies as center pieces for the night he rented out the entire place. He had checked in early in the morning and instead of light pink peonies, the ones you love, there were bright pink peonies, a fuchsia pink.

“What the hell?” Chanyeol’s booming voice echoes through the place and catches the attention of the owner.

Baekhyun lifts his head up “Oh, Chanyeol! How do you like it?”

“Bright pink peonies?” Chanyeol points incredulously at the flowers on the tables.

Baekhyun lets out a nervous laugh, “Yes, beautiful, aren't they?”

“Baekhyun, I said light pink peonies.”

“Uh, what? No…”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I am sure. Light pink peonies. Those are the ones ________ likes the best.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll call the florist right now. I’m so sorry, Chanyeol. Oh God, I know how important this is to you."

“Just, do what you have to do. It’s good that I stopped to check how things are going."

Chanyeol leaves in frustration. He was going to propose to you today and everything had to be perfect.

You and Chanyeol are in a committed relationship and it’s been 4 years since. You were in your second year of college when you met Chanyeol. You both clicked right away and after meeting for several small dates for a month, you both became official.

You had expressed the need of wanting to find a stable job for stable income before getting married and he stayed on your side, saying that once you got a stable job of your own, he would propose to you.

Chanyeol already had a stable job with a stable income. He started working at the company owned by his parents after dropping out of college. He felt that college wasn't his thing and thought he would get more done if he worked for the company.

Chanyeol was going to propose to you when you got back from your business trip. You finally got a job working as a research analyst for a pharmaceutical company. The position required you to leave a few times out of the year. Chanyeol was not okay with it at first, but you both had managed to work around the business trips and continued to have a healthy relationship.

Chanyeol had been planning for this special day for awhile now. He was never good at hiding things, but he proved wrong with this task. You had questioned him a few times after noticing some suspicious activity, but he would brush it off and change the subject.

After the flowers, Chanyeol knew his day would not end with its obstacles. It was worse when he got to the jewelers. The ring he had bought for you was too big. He knew this without having you try on the ring yourself because while you were gone, he compared it to the rings in your jewelry box at home and saw that the ring was about two sizes bigger. He brought it in to be resized and today was the day for pick-up.

“I’m here to pick up a ring that was brought in for resizing.” He tells the jeweler.

He is asked for basic information so his order can be looked up and the jeweler heads to the back room in search.

The jeweler comes back with a worried look. “I’m sorry, but we don't have any orders under that name. Are you sure you came to us?”

Chanyeol was going to boil over. He managed to keep his cool but was still irritated. “Yes, I am sure I came here. I have a receipt.”

He pulls the slip of paper from his wallet, slapping his hand onto the counter and shoving it the jeweler’s way.

The jeweler looked nervous, did he even know what he was doing?

“Hold on one moment, please.” He smiles timidly as he returns to the back of the store.

The jeweler comes back, another person in toll. It must have been the manager. The other guy must have been new.

“What seems to be the problem, sir?”

“I’m here to pick up a ring I brought in for resizing. My order can’t be found, I have a receipt.”

More tribulation comes with finding his order and after 30 minutes trying, a solution is finally found. Chanyeol’s name had been entered wrong into the system and his order was then labeled with the wrong name.

“I am so sorry for the trouble, sir.”

“It’s fine,” Chanyeol’s lips pull into an empathetic smile. “I have the ring and that’s what matters.”

He then makes his leave. It was around the time to pick you up from the airport.

Today you were coming home in the afternoon and Chanyeol was going to take you out for dinner at your favorite restaurant. You were actually looking forward for the dinner, but sudden events in your day made your mood turn sour. From the two hour delayed flight from the night before, your lack of sleep due to a fussy toddler, to your suitcase getting lost in luggage.

Your flight landed and you were greeted with Chanyeol’s huge grin when you got off the terminal. He comes up to you and hugs you tightly. You force a smile, having been drained from all the stress, but you were glad to finally see him again.

He helps you load your found luggage into the car and starts driving home. He asks how the trip was and the usual things questions asked when you left for a trip. You answered him trying your best to sound cheerful.

You suddenly don’t feel like going out tonight, wanting to stay in a cuddle under a warm blanket with your love. “Chanyeol, do we have to go out tonight?” You start.

You’re looking at his face and you see how he pouts. “What? Yes, we do. Why?”

You sigh, pulling your gaze away to stare out the passenger window. “I really don’t feel like going out tonight, Chanyeol. We can order some take out? I”m tired.”

“Come on, babe. Just hold on for a while longer. I haven't seen you a two months.”

“Chanyeol, really, I’ve had a really stressful day.”

“Fine,” He sighs, irritation evident in his tone, “It’s not like my feelings matter anyways. It’s not like I didn't have a stressful day myself. It’s fine.”

The conversation dies and the rest of the ride is silent.

When finally approaching the apartment building, he parks on the side of the street.

Chanyeol gets out of the car and makes his way to the trunk to get your suitcase. You’re still sitting in the car and you know he’s upset. You sigh some more, not wanting to deal with him at the moment. You get out of the car and start walking to the front of the

Please log in to read the full chapter