Final

Crown

As the sun set and the tide slowly subsided from the shore, a man lay face down in the waves that were gently pushing him further toward the land. He slowly awoke and crawled up into a kneeling position. Another failure. He dragged himself into an obscure elevator and hit the up button. The moment he arrived at his destination, he dropped off a strip of paper with coordinates into a box full of similar papers. He walked into the shower, hoping to wash himself of the foulness remaining on his body. As he thought in the shower, he wondered again what exactly he was fighting for, and who he was fighting. He had previously established that there was a vague memory of a woman. It suddenly struck him that he was never curious about who she was until now. He racked his brain, trying to remember. A lover perhaps? No, his instincts told him this wasn’t exactly who she was. He dug around in his memory again, now convinced that he was missing a piece that he hadn’t thought to look for before. Flashes of quick kisses, night-time cuddles, and warm tea by the fireplace with someone he couldn’t make out. He shook his head. It was all too complicated. Maybe if he went to him again, he could find out who this missing person was and what this person had to do with his missing memories and her. He got out of the shower and quickly grabbed one of the many identical suits and shoes that he had and got into his car. He drove to that familiar location that he had driven to many times before. As he approached the entrance of the building, the doors opened and a familiar face welcomed him. “Tao.” Yes. Tao, that was his name, he remembered. He sat down as this man offered him some tea. He already knew what Tao had come to do, even if Tao didn’t know himself. “You already know the consequences,” He repeated once again, “Are you sure about this?” Tao took a deep breath. “I just want to see her.” He said surely, and in the back of his mind, something told him “and him as well.” But who was him? He didn’t know. As the man in front of him handed a slip of paper over, he took it. More coordinates. He nodded his head and ran to his car and started driving. Something told him that he had to go to this location immediately. He didn’t know what for, but it felt right. He pulled to a stop and stepped out of his car. He looked at the fragile slip of paper in his trembling hands and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes. More flashes of gentle touches and loving words. He had to find out who this person was, he just had to. He knew that the answer was in the single building in front of him as he opened his eyes again and stepped as confidently as he could inside.He was greeted with 6 men dressed in all black, with masks and bats. He surveyed the room until his eyes wandered to the back. His breath caught. It was her. She looked different from his memories, more distant, cold, and there was something regal about her. But it was still her nonetheless. He took off his jacket and started walking towards her and the men in black. As he approached the men, they got into a defensive position. Once he was close enough, they attacked. He tried to fight back, but his energy wasn’t up enough. He closed his eyes and took the beating, ready to give up. Suddenly, vivid memories came back. A masculine figure, short dark brown, almost black hair spiked up. Tall, taller than him. He turned around and Tao swore that he had just seen the most beautiful smile in his life. The last thing he saw before he opened his eyes was the man mouthing three simple words. I love you. His energy came back ten fold and he set his sight on beating the out of these men. He needed to find him. He would do anything he had to, just to see that smile once more. He knew that in order to accomplish that he had to defeat one big obstacle. The woman before him. He whizzed past the men as he set about kicking and punching with all his might, adrenaline pumping through him. He grabbed one of their bats and in a sudden fury, knocked out the last man. He found his jacket on the floor and put it on slowly as he walked towards the woman whom he had many questions for. He suddenly stopped, and reached a hand out as she stared him down. All his adrenaline dissolved as he fell to his knees and two men dragged him out into a helicopter. As he was being lifted into the air, he remembered that he still didn’t know one important thing. The mysterious man in his memory’s name. He desperately searched his memory for the name but nothing came up. He felt ready to give up when the men who had dragged him onto the plane picked him up and dropped him into the middle of the ocean. As he fell into the cold seawater, it hit him.

 

Kris.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys! So, my first story/oneshot. Pretty short I guess, only about a little less than 900 words, but I had a good time writing this. It kinda just came outta nowhere really, I was just rewatching the mv and all these feels came at me and yeah story idea woo. Hope you guys enjoyed and please comment, I would love some feedback ^-^ Thanks for reading!

-Chrystiemallow