Our Seungri Does Well

Push and Pull Until Whenever

Jiyong doesn’t hand out praises easily. You’d think that him being surrounded by talented people would give him many opportunities to do it, but he only compliments someone either when they’re being filmed or when they reach his very high standards that only he knows the metes and bounds of. He probably got this trait from his boss, YG, who is exactly the same as him in that aspect. It has become a running joke in their company that YG complimenting them sincerely is a rare event that every time their boss does it, the person complimented has to treat everyone in the building. Let’s just say Jiyong has had to treat the YG people more than any of his labelmates altogether combined. So maybe he’s turning into their CEO, not surprising, as the man practically raised him anyway. But still, it’s a scary thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s 3 am and Jiyong is just so tired. He has been up for God knows how many hours already working on their new album. Rubbing his sore eyes and following the demands of his body to go home and sleep, he trudged along the darkened halls of the YG building just dreaming about the moment that his body would hit his bed. He was so preoccupied with his imaginations that he was surprised to find himself already near the door leading to the parking area. He was about to open it when the faint bass of a dance song reached his ears. He got confused as it was already the wee hours of the morning and nobody else but some of the staff should be there and he knew they wouldn’t have dared to blast music on the speakers lest they be scolded. Curiousity lit a fire in his weary body erasing away all thoughts of the sleepiness that just recently enveloped him. He followed the sound to its source and found the dancing studio dimly lit. He peeked in through the rectangular window, not knowing what he was about to find. On the other side of the glass pane, he saw a figure dancing perfectly in time with the rhythm of the music. It was Seungri, their Maknae.

 

Jiyong watched, entranced, following his dongsaeng’s every movement. It was the first time that he saw Seungri dance on his own, because usually either Jiyong and the other members were also dancing along with him, or their back-up dancers surrounded Seungri. He noticed that Seungri’s movements were so perfectly executed: stiff when they needed to be, and yet so graceful when the dance demanded it. His timing was impeccable, like he was almost making the beat of the music rather than the beat just leading him. His movements were so expressive, reflecting the swag attitude of the song, but with Seungri, there was always an undertone of cuteness. Jiyong’s thoughts were abruptly stopped when his eyes met that of his dongsaeng’s. Seungri apparently felt the weight of his stares because he abruptly stopped his movements and glanced out the window. Jiyong, now caught, felt that he had no choice but to enter the studio.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Seungri asked, obviously flustered that he was caught dancing on his own.

 

“I was still in the studio tinkering with that song we recorded last week. It still didn’t sound perfect. But anyway, forget that, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you have been at home, sleeping?” Jiyong asked as he slowly approached Seungri.

 

“Uhm.” Seungri said, stalling, not really wanting to confess. But he had to continue when the silence dragged on for a little longer than what was comfortable. “I felt like I still didn’t quite get the hang of the dance yet. Next week will be our performance stage and I didn’t want to mess up.” He admitted looking down at the floor, quite unable to meet his leader’s eyes when he was showing such vulnerability.

 

Jiyong felt overwhelmed by Seungri’s admission. So apparently Seungri felt the pressure too. Out of affection, and needing to show his support, Jiyong approached Seungri and while ruffling the younger’s head said: “I saw you dancing just now, and if you do what you just did now next week, I and the other members won’t even have to show up. You can just entertain the audience on your own”.

 

Seungri blushed not quite sure how to take the compliment. He settled for answering back teasingly: “Hyung, was that an indirect way of saying I danced well?”

 

Jiyong laughed, his laugh echoing in the silence of the dancing studio. He winked at Seungri and said: “Our Seungri does well at dancing. But don’t get used to me admitting it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Bigbang members were now in the studio recording for their album. Jiyong was on Kwon-Leadah mode and everyone was scared of him. He almost looked like a real-life dragon, if only fire came out of his mouth instead of words. But his words carried with it the sting of flames that slowly burned s’ self-esteems. Even Youngbae, his bestfriend, and the person who is usually able to escape Jiyong’s wrath, had to re-record his part more than 20 times.

 

The last one among the vocal line that was scheduled to record was Seungri, and he was really nervous because he saw how Jiyong treated the other 2 members while they recorded their own parts. Even when Jiyong is in a good mood, he always criticized Seungri the most, so what more now that Jiyong was really in a foul mood? Seungri knew he couldn’t do anything but just give his best effort and take the criticisms and let it not affect him; or at least pretend that it didn’t affect him. With each step he took inside the studio towards the microphone, the worse he felt. He really wasn’t looking forward to the criticisms that would be hurled his way later. He sighed. He was putting on the earphones when suddenly Jiyong’s voice blared out from the speakers.

 

“Hurry up! You’re slower than a turtle. We don’t have all year to record this thing”.

 

Seungri visibly winced. If this was how his recording session started, he could only imagine how bad it would be later on when he will start singing. From prior experience, he knew that Jiyong would dissect his every pronounciation, intonation, pitch, the way he sang, the highness and lowness of his voice, the strength behind it, his timing, his adlibs; basically everything he does will be picked at by their leader. He can imagine that he’d have to re-record from daybreak to sundown. But oh well, he won’t be able to step out of the studio until Kwon Leadah was satisfied. Let the torture begin!

 

The melody of one of their songs which would later on be entitled “A Fool’s Only Tears”, streamed out from the speakers, which was thankfully a sharp contrast with Jiyong’s booming sarcastic voice earlier. The song’s melody was smooth and slow, and the lyrics were sad and wistful. Listening to the song’s melody and Youngbae’s soothing voice in the intro helped Seungri calm down, his nervousness slowly dissipating as the song went on. He got into the mood of the song. Memories of past loves flashing through his mind and of what could have beens that never made it to reality. All the while his heart slowly filling up with sadness as more memories surfaced. So deep was he into the song that he almost missed his cue, but thankfully the last syllable of the part before him alerted him to it.

 

When his part came, he started singing his emotions out, the pain in his heart slowly disappearing as he transformed the sadness he felt into raw, unadulterated music.

 

Outside the studio, Jiyong stood stunned, listening to Seungri’s sweet voice and the melody harmonizing together to create perfection. Youngbae and Daesung had to be prodded and blasted for them to get into the right mood to sing this song. Their voices were either too happy or they sounded too insincere. It’s as if they didn’t understand the song they were singing and didn’t know where the emotions should come from. Considering their limited experiences with girls, love, and heartbreak, it’s understandable. But they’re singers, and they have to be able to express emotions, even those that they’ve never felt. But Seungri; he got it immediately. It’s as if Seungri was Jiyong when Jiyong was feeling all the emotions that led him to create the song.

 

The objective side of Jiyong’s brain analyzed the way that Seungri was singing the notes, the way he pronounced the words, the strength behind the voice, his adlibs that consisted of “ohs” and “hmmmms” and how it should all blend with the melody, and this side smugly approved of what he heard. But there was this tug in Jiyong’s heart that was overwhelming everything else. The more Seungri sang, the more Jiyong got lost in his emotions. He was abruptly brought back to reality when Seungri suddenly belted out a high note just right after the refrain. It wasn’t in the plans but it sounded so good. He didn’t know Seungri was able to produce a note that high. His mouth involuntarily turned from a grimace into a smile which lasted on his face until the very last note of the song.

 

Seungri could then be heard saying in a timid voice: “Hyung, uhm… how did I do? You didn’t stop me at all so I just continued until the end. I know that there wasn’t supposed to be a high note after the refrain but I felt like there was something missing there and I felt like that could be it. I’m sorry for putting it in. I was just so lost in the song that I didn’t realize I’ve done it til it was done. Don’t worry, I’m willing to re-record everything. I would even be willing to treat everyone to snacks. Just please don’t get angry. I..”

 

Jiyong stopped Seungri’s almost incoherent babbles by saying: “Maknae-ah, that was okay already. You can go home now”.

 

Seungri was taken aback. This has never happened before. Jiyong never allowed anyone to record only once. Even Jiyong doesn’t allow himself that luxury. So Seungri felt like he was just dreaming, and pinched himself hard to check if this was reality. The throbbing pain and the redness in his skin confirmed that it wasn’t a dream. But still, when he slowly walked out of the recording studio, he still couldn’t process what had happened and was still disbelieving it.

 

Jiyong, upon seeing Seungri’s confused and stupefied face when the latter walked out, laughed at his dongsaeng’s expression. Seungri was shocked out of his reverie by the sound of the laughter, and with it, his cheeky self resurfaced.

 

“Hyung, I was perfect wasn’t I?” he smugly said to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong then threw his towel at Seungri and grudgingly nodded his head. Seungri felt like it was a day of miracles. Unknowing what else to do, he just continued with his teasing by saying: “So, should I get a solo?”

 

Jiyong smirked while saying: “Our Seungri does well at reflecting emotions while singing, but don’t get ahead of yourself”.

 

But from then on, whenever Jiyong heard that song, he would focus only on Seungri’s parts and that unplanned high note became his secret obsession. Okay. Not-so-secret obsession. He always gushed about it to anyone who would listen. There was even this one time when he was admitted it to the public when they were commenting on their Love and Hope concert tour and he couldn’t stop himself and exclaimed that “anyone who hears that would tremble”. Whenever Jiyong did this, Seungri’s smiles would always be a little bit brighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been months since the test and Seungri still dreaded the time when the results would come. It was a good thing that they were planning their comeback soon, so he would be busy or else he would be going out of his mind. But it doesn’t mean that Seungri doesn’t remember the entrance examination. No. He remembers it very well. He remembers  the fact that he didn’t get much sleep the night before, nay, the week before the exam because his schedule was filled up with recordings, dance practices, and guestings for various variety shows. He remembers the extreme coldness in his body when he received the questionnaire and felt like none of the words was piercing through the haze surrounding his brain. He remembers the feeling of his pen weighing a ton as he hastily scratched out whatever answer he first thought of in his befuddled brain. He remembers the scratchy voice of the examiner declaring that the time has ran out and would they please pass their paper now. He remembers the frustration and panic he felt upon realizing that there were still two more questions that he had to answer but now couldn’t. And lastly, he remembers the feeling of complete hopelessness and desolation after the exam. So no, it was all still vivid and clear in his head, thank you very much. And as much as he tried to put it out of his mind, he was still consumed by thoughts of not passing the examination to get into his dream university.

 

They were all together when the results came out. They were in the dressing room, preparing for a photo-shoot for a magazine, when Seungri’s manager came in carrying a white envelope with the seal of Chung-Ang University. Seungri’s heart stopped as he looked at the envelope, his panic rising up, rendering him speechless. His manager reached out the envelope to him, but Seungri stepped back, shaking his head, mutely asking the manager to get it away from him.

 

Jiyong saw the state Seungri was in and decided to help out. He took the letter from their manager’s hands, signalling the latter to step out and not say anything. He then grabbed the arms of the still shell-shocked Seungri and started leading him away from the dressing room. It was only when they were in an abandoned corridor that Seungri showed signs of life. He looked alternatively at the envelope in his hyung’s hands and at Jiyong and gaped, unable to form the words foremost in his mind. Jiyong just looked at him patiently, patting Seungri’s back as if they had all the time in the world.

 

A few minutes passed and Seungri finally he stuttered: “Hyung.. what if I didn’t get in? Oh my god. I did so badly. I don’t know what to do. I mean. I know I don’t even have to go to university, we’re fixed for life with the money we already earned, and I actually hate studying but I really want to be able to attend Chung-Ang University ever since I started acknowledging that having a degree is a good thing. But maybe it’s for the best if I don’t go there. Maybe..”

 

Jiyong raised his hands and put it against Seungri’s lips in a shushing gesture. “You don’t know if you passed or didn’t so don’t give up hope til then okay?” Jiyong said, trying to convey the comfort he desperately wanted to give to his dongsaeng.

 

“Hyung. I just can’t open it. Can you open it for me?” Seungri asked, his puppy dog eyes pleading while looking into Jiyong’s.

 

Jiyong involuntarily smiled, finding Seungri’s expression to be so cute. He then grabbed the envelope, opened it and read the contents with a poker face.

 

Seungri looked intensely at his hyung while the latter was reading his letter. He was torn between hope and desolation but Jiyong’s face wasn’t giving away anything. He held his breath until Jiyong’s eyes reached the last part of the letter and looked at him. Seungri’s heart was pounding so loud that it drowned out everything else so much that he almost didn’t hear it when Jiyong said: “You passed!”.

 

Seungri felt overwhelming joy and grabbed Jiyong roughly against him in a hug. “Really Hyung? I did? Oh my, I wasn’t expecting it!” They hugged for longer than necessary and both felt awkward about it. To ease the tension, Seungri let Jiyong go, then jumped up and down unable to contain his happiness.

 

Jiyong just smiled while looking at his dongsaeng, staring at him until the latter calmed down. He then brought both of his palms to Seungri’s cheeks, pinched them, and declared: “Our Seungri is intelligent. Of course you would pass the entrance exam”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyong was awoken by extreme thirst one late night. Unable to resist the bodily need, he grudgingly tore himself out from his comfortable bed and went out of his room to go to the kitchen. He was shocked to see light streaming out of it, almost blinding him since his eyes just came from a darkened place. When he finally deemed it okay to open it, he saw a weird sight in front of him causing him to think he might still be dreaming. Seungri sat alone at the table, with wads of official-looking documents, charts, and letters in front of him, grinning to himself with a self-satisfied smirk on his face.

 

Jiyong loudly coughed to alert the younger one to his presence. Seungri looked up at him and beckoned him to come closer. He excitedly pointed at the stack of papers in front of him and declared proudly: “Hyung, look!”.

 

Jiyong looked at the imposing wad of papers and then back at Seungri, confusion etched into his every feature. “Uhm. They’re documents?”

 

Seungri’s smile grew a little dimmer, and Jiyong felt immediately guilty.

 

“Seungri, it’s such an ungodly hour of night. As much as I want to understand what you’re excited about, I just don’t have the energy and the state of mind to understand what the documents are saying. Can you just tell me about it instead?” Jiyong said, while taking the seat next to Seungri.

 

Seungri nodded, the brightness in his smile returning. “See, all of these are reports coming in from my AndHere Café and the Joy Plug Academy. I’m just happy because they basically show that we are raking in profits. 500% return on investment hyung! 500%!”

 

Jiyong nodded and smiled at his dongsaeng, not really knowing how to react or what to say.

 

Seungri, sensing his hyung’s awkwardness, became awkward himself and muttered: “I know the money ain’t that much, because we could earn it in just one guesting. But I’ve put so much effort and thought into these businesses and I really wasn’t sure how it would all pan out. So I’m happy that they weren’t failures.”

 

With those words, Jiyong then understood the depth of Seungri’s happiness over this news and the reasoning behind it. He then raised patted Seungri’s shoulders, causing the latter to look up at him. When he was sure that he had all of Seungri’s attention, he then raised his right hand up, and formed a thumbs-up.

 

“Yah. Pabo. Are you crazy? How can you fail when you’ve read all those books. Remember Winning Habits? Don’t worry about it anymore okay. You’ve done well. Your businesses are successful. After all, our Seungri does well at business”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was one of the few times Jiyong allowed himself to be dragged out into a club. As much as he loved music and dancing, the density of the people in the club made going to one a frustrating ordeal for him. It didn’t help the fact that a lot of people would be vying for his attention when all he wanted was to do was hang out with his friends, drink alcohol, and lose himself in the booming beat of the club music. But Seungri was the one who asked him out, and he couldn’t really say no to him could he?

 

Jiyong sat in the sofa in the VIP room of the club. He was surrounded by a throng of people he really didn’t know. These were all Seungri’s friends, so he felt a little bit left out. And Seungri, being the social butterfly that he is, was being engaged in one conversation to another. Jiyong didn’t really feel like talking so he just drank his alcohol while staring at the actuations of his dongsaeng, bemused without really knowing the reason why. Maybe Seungri’s entire existence is just entertaining. Or maybe he was already getting tipsy from the drink.

 

Seungri felt his hyung’s stare and saw Jiyong being all alone at the sofa. He felt guilty because he knew his hyung could have been getting his well-deserved rest at home instead of joining him at the club. So he swore to himself that he would make it fun for Jiyong. He then went up to Jiyong’s side and louldly exclaimed: “The music is boring. Aurgh. The DJ’s playlist is too disjointed. The transitions should be smoother”.

 

Jiyong laughed. He actually agreed with Seungri, his producer-side already having created a list of all the things wrong with the set list currently playing. But then again, disagreeing with Seungri to was almost second nature to Jiyong so instead he said: “If it’s so bad, why don’t you go and try it. Our live band taught you how to do the remixes and how to control the panel already right?”

 

Seungri looked at Jiyong, smirked and declared: “Challenge accepted!”.

 

It wasn’t even a week later when Seungri asked Jiyong to go clubbing again. His statements, though drowned out by a sleepless and weary Jiyong, were punctuated with: “I have a surprise for you hyung!” “It’s gonna be awesome” “Just wait and see!”. As much as Jiyong wanted to just curl up in bed and sleep for the next century, he just couldn’t turn down an excited Seungri. And so he agreed to go out.

 

Jiyong was shocked to see that it was exactly the same club they went to last time, but this time the VIP room was empty and the couch he sat on was now placed near the edge of the balcony overlooking the dancing area. Seungri beckoned him over.

 

“Hyung. Sit down here. Don’t worry. I’ve instructed the waiter to bring you your favorite drink throughout the night so you won’t have to call him. And nobody can come into the VIP room but us so you wouldn’t be disturbed by anyone. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy my surprise”. Jiyong followed Seungri’s directions and sat down in the chair, amused at the fact that Seungri planned out something especially for him.

 

He was then surprised to see Seungri walk up to the stage where the DJ was usually situated. Seungri then took the headphones, shooed the DJ away, and got the mic.

 

Jiyong laughed as Seungri shouted into the mic: “Hi. I’m Seungri from Bigbang and I will be your DJ tonight. Hope you have fun and party the night away. Let’s go!”

 

The beat of 2ne1’s “I Am the Best” blared throughout the club and Jiyong felt himself relaxing and humming along to the music. He closed his eyes while listening, the producer in him coming out and critiquing Seungri’s prepared set list and the transitions between the songs. He was surprised to find it was very good actually. The songs chosen were popular and appropriate, and were a mixture of club bangers, dance songs, and slower songs that got the crowd super hyped one minute, and calmed down, only to be brought up to a higher state of frenzy with the next song. The transitions were smooth too. The people dancing not realizing that a new song was being played unless they consciously watched out for the song change.

 

Seungri DJ’ed for 2 hours straight, talking and hyping the crowd in between songs. Jiyong just glanced at him and the wild crowd, a proud smirk gracing his face. When Seungri was finally done, he gave back the reins to the true DJ, and went up to the VIP room where Jiyong was located. Seungri’s face fell as he studied Jiyong’s relaxed stance on the chair.

 

“Hyung, didn’t you like my DJ-ing? I thought that was enough to hype the crowd up, but I guess it wasn’t, cause you’re just here doing nothing” Seungri said sulkily to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong just beckoned Seungri over. Seungri grudgingly walked over towards Jiyong and sat down beside him, while pouting. Jiyong then gave his glass to Seungri motioning that the other drink it.

 

When Seungri finally drank from his glass, Jiyong just grinned at him, causing Seungri to sniff the alcohol suspiciously to see if there was something wrong with it. His actions actually caused Jiyong to laugh more hysterically. When he finally calmed down after several minutes with Seungri just watching him blankly, Jiyong put his head on his dongsaeng’s shoulder.

 

“I was actually really hyped when you were DJ’ing out there. My body is just so physically tired that I couldn’t dance, but even with my exhaustion, I headbanged, raised my hands up, and tapped my foot along to the beat of your music. But now I’m not hyped up. You know why? It’s because I got so lost in my own thoughts about you. You see, I worry about you. It saddens me that you still doubt yourself in your musical and entertainment abilities, when you’ve proven yourself to be very adept at it. Remember VVIP and Let’s Talk About Love? They were really good albums, I listen to them all the time. I’m still amazed and in awe that you were able to produce both with limited help and in a limited time. And now I’ve discovered that you’re good at DJ’ing too. So see Seungri, never doubt yourself again okay. You’re talented. You have good musical sense. After all our Seungri does well at performing. You’re the complete package. You sing well, you dance well, you can communicate with the crowd well, and you MC well. You’re the perfect performer. Not only that, apparently, our Seungri is a great DJ too.”

 

Seungri felt very touched by Jiyong’s words and felt overwhelmed by the sincere acknowledgement of his abilities by his highly acclaimed musically –gifted hyung. He didn’t know what to say or what to do so he just let the silence carry on. Not even minutes later, the silence was punctuated with soft snores. Seungri was puzzled until he saw that they were coming from Jiyong. Seungri chuckled to himself  as he carefully stood up, took Jiyong into his arms, and carried his leader out bridal-style out of the club and into their car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyong was frustrated. He really hated learning other languages, not because he was not interested in them, but because, among the members, his language retention was the weakest. What’s humiliating is that he was the one that had the most formal education on Mandarin and Japanese, but his tutors later on gave up on him. It wasn’t that he didn’t understand the words or tried to memorize them or that he didn’t exert enough effort to learn them. It’s just that his memory seems to not want languages on its long-term storage. It was so bad that if he learns something one day, he completely forgets about the word or phrase the next day. But seeing as Bigbang was becoming internationally known, knowing languages, or at the very least, learning some foreign phrases was unavoidable.

 

Seungri, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. He took to new languages so fast it amazed even the native speakers. His pronunciation was good. His language comprehension was excellent. He was even able to understand the subtleties in the words spoken. He got so good at it that he proceeded to learning even the dialects of the languages he was really fluent in already, like Japanese. Okay, so Seungri was still bad at English. But he actually understood more than he let on, and in reality, his problem was more on the grammar side, because let’s face it, English is confusing as hell to anyone who wasn’t really brought up knowing it. English was the only hitch in an otherwise flawless resume of being multi-lingual.

 

So it wasn’t really surprising to anyone that YG required Jiyong to learn from Seungri, some foreign phrases or words, in preparation for their next world tour.

 

These were the facts that led Jiyong to spending one of his few rare afternoons in Seungri’s couch, and for Seungri to bring out his numerous language books, notebooks, and a laptop filled with diagrams in front of both him and Jiyong. Seungri was trying to teach Jiyong some basics in the Japanese language but Jiyong’s alleged language block was at its peak that day that even the simplest grammar subtleties, he couldn’t grasp. Frustrated at his inability to learn, Jiyong threw the book he held.

 

Wanting to laugh at his hyung’s immaturity, but knowing that it would just aggravate the situation further, Seungri just grabbed the book and handed it back to his hyung while saying: “You’ll get it hyung. Just be patient”.

 

Jiyong grudgingly took the grammar book back and said while pouting: “Maybe I’m just not cut out to learn languages.”

 

Seungri could feel Jiyong’s frustration and was at a loss on how to put the latter on a more relaxed mood. He knew that the more Jiyong got frustrated, the more he wouldn’t be able to absorb what was being taught to him. Seungri then tried to say: “Well, when I..”

 

But Jiyong just cut him by saying: “Don’t compare me to you. Our Seungri does well at learning and speaking languages. Not only that, didn’t you lose your Gwangju accent in a very short time after arriving at Seoul? See, you’re naturally talented, while I’m naturally incapable.”

 

Seungri was touched by the compliment, and he tried to show it by grabbing his hyung and letting the latter’s head lie on his chest and muttering: “Thanks Hyung”. The compliment and the hopelessness that punctuated Jiyong’s last words just spurred Seungri’s desire to get his hyung over the latter’s language block. After wracking his brain for a while, an idea formed in his head. It would kill two birds with one stone right?

 

He then prodded Jiyong until the latter sat up straight while staring at him with a confused expression. Seungri ignored the question in Jiyong’s eyes and  just grabbed a pen and a paper. Silence ensued thereafter with Seungri continuously writing and Jiyong just staring blankly at him, completely at a loss as to what was happening. Seungri didn’t stop until he had completely finished whatever it was he was writing. He then gave the paper, apparently containing a letter, to Jiyong who accepted it hesitantly.

 

Jiyong saw what was written on the paper and glared at Seungri. “It’s in Japanese!” he said.

 

Seungri chuckled while chuckling: “I know hyung. Just do your best to translate it.”

 

“I don’t wanna do it. I won’t do it.” Jiyong said petulantly, reminding Seungri of a 5-year old.

 

“Oh come on Hyung. Aren’t you the least bit curious about what it says?” Seungri asked Jiyong.

 

Jiyong knew that Seungri knew that he got the perfect way to make Jiyong learn. Jiyong’s curiousity was always something he couldn’t resist satiating. And so Jiyong took the paper grudgingly and placed himself in front of the laptop typing out the characters in the letter.

 

Seungri then abruptly stood up and said: “Uhm. Hyung. I’ll just be in my bedroom okay. You might take a while”.

 

Jiyong then waved his hand dismissively, still pissed at the fact that Seungri got the better of him. However, his dark mood slowly turned into exhilaration when he slowly translated the Japanese characters into their Korean counterparts. When he finished, Jiyong smiled to himself, rereading the now translated letter. It read:

 

“Dear Jiyong,

 

Don’t kill me for not using hyung, but you’ll understand when you’re done translating this letter.

 

Ever since I was a trainee, I didn’t know the reason why, but your approval was always the one that I sought for after the most. Your every criticism and disappointment in me hurt me the most. I strove hard to better myself so I can be somebody you’ll be proud of.

 

Everytime you praised me, I felt like I was in heaven. I often wondered how could your simple words of praise affect me so much? It was a long time until I figured out why your opinion mattered the most.

 

The first clue I had was the butterflies I felt in my stomach whenever you were near me. The next thing that clued me in was the beating of my heart whenever you touched me. And one day, when I caught myself staring into your eyes and being lost in them, everything just finally clicked and I started to realize why I was having these weird feelings.

 

See hyung, I like you more than just my leader and my friend. I know you’re probably pissed at me, and this would change our relationship a lot, but I just couldn’t take it anymore and had to tell you. But at least my confession was unique right?

 

It’s okay if you don’t like me that way. Just continue liking me as your dongsaeng and I’ll be satisfied already.

 

Hwaiting Hyung!

 

                                                                                                                                                                                            Seungri”

 

Jiyong then went into Seungri’s room and handed him the translated version of his letter. Seungri read it and when he finished, he awkwardly smiled at Jiyong and said: “Good job hyung!”

 

Jiyong then stared intensely into Seungri’s eyes and asked him: “Did you mean what you said?”

 

Seungri was taken aback by the intensity of the stare and unable to meet it, he looked at the floor, and with a small voice replied: “yes”.

 

Seungri was shocked when he felt Jiyong lift up his chin to force him to look into into his eyes. He was even more shocked when he felt Jiyong’s lips press into his own. Their lips fit perfectly together, molding together like they were two halves of a whole. Jiyong’s lips were soft, yet the passion behind them was strong and demanding. His tongue darted out into Seungri’s lips demanding entrance. Seungri let him in, slowly allowing himself to be lost in the sensations that this intimate act brought out in him. It was only when they were both severely lacking air that they pulled apart, each looking shaken and blushing.

 

Jiyong was the first to recover and said while smirking: “Apparently, our Seungri does well at kissing too”.

 

Seungri returned the smirk and said: “Shouldn’t it be My Seungri now?”.

 

Jiyong laughed while bringing his lips and Seungri’s together again, giving Seungri the opportunity to prove just how well he does at kissing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: First chapter is up! Hope you like it. It's supposed to be fluff. So from now on, I'll be uploading all my oneshots here. ^^ This was heavily inspired by Jiyong saying "Our Seungri does well" in Infinity Challenge and his IG post where he tagged Seungri even if Seungri wasn't there. This was my longest fic ever so I'm proud of it, not for the quality, but for the length. xD Still, I hope someone likes it. And I hope it's not too long that nobody would read it. @_@ Til the next fanfiction! Comments are appreciated. Subscriptions are loved. Even if there's no upvotes I'm already satisfied as long as I know someone's reading this. So please hit me up and tell me what you think. ^^