Locked Up

They Call Me Cougar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

"Sandara."

 

 

 

 

 

"SANDARA!"

 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes in shock before jumping up from the seat.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

I turned to look at Bobby, feeling so bad for doing this to him. I agreed to meet him in the cafeteria at 6 for our mentor-mentee session after class but I decided to take a nap at 5 since I was feeling a little tired.

 

 

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

 

 

He's not Bobby.

 

 

 

 

 

"Alex?"

 

 

 

 

 

He was staring at me with raised brows, both of our faces at a close proximity.

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, straightening his back. His breath smelled of peppermint.

 

 

 

 

 

"Uhh-yeah. I'm fine. I just f-fell asleep." I suddenly sat up straight and began patting my hair to tame the flyaways.

 

 

 

 

 

Well done. Just well done Sandara Park.

 

 

 

 

 

How is it that I can never fail to make a fool out of myself when I see this guy or even any guy in general? It bewilders me, seriously.

 

 

 

 

 

"Well we better hurry up and leave. I don't know what time the library closes." He started as he began to turn around to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

Speaking of which, I actually totally forgot. "8." I mumbled from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

"!"

 

 

 

 

 

I jumped from where I stood. It's the first time I've ever heard him curse. Bobby wouldn't talk like that. How are they friends again?

 

 

 

 

 

I then approached him to see that he was unsuccessfully turning the automatic door handle which must have been locked by the time he had successfully woken me up because it was already 8.15p.m.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god. What do we do?" I panicked and looked at him in horror.

 

 

 

 

 

"There must be someone-"

 

 

 

 

 

"These doors are system operated. Everything is automatic." I replied as I grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled it realizing I was doomed this time around. My sister is so totally going to kill me and rat me out to my parents even though I now live with her in our rented apartment. I am so dead. So much for being nice enough to accompany her in her new living arrangement.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you have your phone with you?” He suddenly asked me.

 

 

 

 

 

“No. It’s in my locker. Where’s yours?” While still panicking, I asked him.

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t have it with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where's Bobby?" I asked, suddenly remembering about him. He must have been worried sick. Alex raised his brow at me from across as he too, has given up and began to slide down to the floor.

 

 

 

 

 

"You will graduate this time around." He mumbled with his eyes closed while his head was leaning against the wall.

 

 

 

 

 

"Huh?" I only remembered asking him about Bobby.

 

 

 

 

 

"I saw your student profile while helping out the teachers to sort out things and I peeked at yours." He mentioned. Even though he still had his eyes closed, I remained silent while staring at him, hoping he would continue.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're not 18."

 

 

 

 

 

My breath hitched up as my heartbeat doubled its pace. Nobody and I mean no one at all is supposed to know about this. But why would he specifically peek at my student profile?

 

 

 

 

 

I barely know this guy besides the few encounters we had, filled with endless insults we had thrown at each other.

 

 

 

 

 

"And neither am I." He continued and my mouth just dropped open.

 

 

 

 

 

"But I thought you're a mentor so your grades should actually be good? Oh. Wait-" I stopped myself as I suddenly understood what he meant.

 

 

 

 

 

"What?" He opened his eyes and stared at me, looking genuinely curious and I retreated a good inch or two when his light brown eyes were too close to mine. "What is it?" He repeated his previously unattended question.

 

 

 

 

 

"So how young are you?" I looked him up and down trying to compare us physically. He had ash blonde hair, gorgeous eyebrows coupled with mesmerizing brown eyes. His nose was beautiful and he had lips which were basically perfect. I even caught myself staring at them once when he bit on them.  It’s either I looked really young or he looked matured because honestly, you can't tell the age difference that much. But he was as flawless as his skin.

 

 

 

 

 

"16."

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god. You're an infant." I incoherently muttered as I looked at him only to find that he seriously didn’t look like 16. I let out a yelp when all of a sudden he threw his body forward and pinned me down the floor.

 

 

 

 

 

"What the hell?" I screamed in surprise as I thrashed against his hold but to no avail. He was just so strong.

 

 

 

 

 

"Call me that again if you dare."

 

 

 

 

 

My eyes widened up as I realized he could be instigating . Oh my god. No. My first time is supposed to be really sweet and perfect. Not here in the middle of a library. And if anything were to happen between us, I could be charged with ! 

 

 

 

 

 

"Shoot." I half shouted at him.

 

 

 

 

 

"Shoot?" He looked at me from above since he still had me pinned down.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're really weird, you know?" He chuckled from above me and I gently pushed him off, succeeding this time as he finally let me go but then I heard the skip of a heartbeat while feeling his grip slowly loosen on me. I wasn’t sure if it was his or mine.

 

 

 

 

 

"You like me." I stated confidently.

 

 

 

 

 

"What the ?" He quickly pushed himself off before giving me a hand since I was still sprawled on the floor like a victim of another CSI episode.

 

 

 

 

 

"I totally care about the age difference, okay? I'm 20 and you're 16. That makes it a 4 years difference." I put out my fingers as I did my Math.

 

 

 

 

 

I just needed to make it clear to him. It is never right to lead a guy on when you know from the beginning that nothing can ever happen between the two of you.

 

 

 

 

 

"Stop stop stop. Whatever you're thinking, it's not, okay? I do not like you, get it? You’re not my type. Besides, I barely even know you." He shook his shoulder and stood up to sit at the other corner of the library. Sure, whatever he says.

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't dare to talk to him anymore, even until when the door automatically opened at 6.30a.m the next day and we had to secretly creep out to avoid complications.

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank god they're open on Saturdays."

 

 

 

 

 

I nodded in response not daring to open my stupid damn mouth again.

 

 

 

 

 

"Where do you live?" He suddenly asked.

 

 

 

 

 

"Gangnam." I softly muttered. "That’s kinda far. I'll send you home then. It's still really dark outside." He started walking ahead but I pulled his hand to drag him back inside.

 

"It's going to rain." I told him seriously.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter