Prologue

They Call Me Cougar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“How hard exactly can it be to graduate high school? I’m sure we’ll all get through.”

 

 

Now that was my best friend, Chae Rin’s exact sentence two years ago when we were all anticipating for our college entrance exam result.

 

 

 

Two years later I’m still trapped here while most of my friends have probably graduated from college with a diploma by now. The funny thing is, sometimes when I sit and really think about this, I realized I had no one to blame. It can’t be the genetics.

 

I can’t say that I’m not disappointed in myself but what can I do?

 

I can’t help the fact that I have the attention span of a fish.

 

My guess is that I’ll probably be trapped here for another 3 or 4 years.

 

The worst case scenario is that I’ll just be one of those high school dropouts.

 

When a door closes a window opens, they said. But let’s face it. I might be dumb but I’m not delusional. I probably might not be the next Bill Gates. I definitely can’t be the next famous billionaire with a written book titled “You Don’t Need College Degrees by Sandara Park”. These people at least have some talent in them. I would call them the inborn geniuses but heck I can’t even be a Harvard dropout if I wanted to so let’s get back to reality.

 

The sound of the sea wave started to resonate across my entire room. I was in the middle of the sea, screaming and gasping for air. I’m not going to make it. My 20 years in life has been wasted just like that. Mum, dad and Bom, I love you guys. 

 

My friends have all stepped onto land and left me behind. 

 

I was losing strength and I kept trying to scream but there was absolutely zero sound coming out from me. I heard the loud splashing sound of water which made me turn to face my back. 

 

Oh no…Oh no oh no oh no…. 

 

There was a big shark directly behind me and it has the face of……MR. LEE, my Add Maths teacher?????

 

I HAVEN’T EVEN TURNED TWENTY ONE!!!! Oh nooooooo!

 

“DUMBDARA!!!!!!!!”

 

“Wake up you idiot!”

 

“I swear, you’re going to be late for class and it’s your first day today!” Bom, my annoying excuse of a sister then threw rock hard ice cubes on me. Not ice water but ICE CUBES!!! This is a mirror of what hell looks like, I’m telling you.

 

As if throwing ice cubes wasn’t enough, she even started hitting me with the bowl she put the ice cubes in earlier.

 

"Jeeez. Okay Okay!!" The hittings never stopped. 

 

"I SAID I GOT IT!!!" I finally sat up with my eyes still closed while I threw a pillow back in her face. I know she's my only sibling but seriously, she can be such a at times.

 

"God. Leave me alone. Seriously Bom, find a guy and pass all this attention to him. I don't need this much of your attention and adoration." I huffed, wanting to puke at the image of my sister doting on me.

 

"Thank you very much." I added. See? I'm even being polite. Okay it's not working. Her is still rooted to my bed. 

 

Oh god. Get lost. I opened my mouth trying to think of something mean to say when I suddenly had a better idea. I went closer to her face catching her off-guard and then I blew air into her face. 

 

Oh my god! The epic ugly expression of hers was pure gold when she was hit by my morning breath. This is just epic.

 

"DUMBDARA YOU ARE SO DISGUSTING!!!" She pat her skirt, straightening out all the creases when she suddenly stood up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter