Piggybacks in Taiwan

Piggybacks in Taiwan

I’m busy dancing around when I look left and I suddenly find myself a Snoopy.

He’s next to me acting as if he doesn’t see me, so I immediately put a hand around his neck to bring those chubby cheeks closer. Then before I know it, he bends down and tries to pick my legs up. I resist but he won’t take no for answer, so he ends up sweeping me off my feet. Of course he only manages to grab one leg, I’m not gonna make it easy for him.

Poor Snoopy, he looks like he’s struggling there, but he brought this upon himself so no sympathy from me. And so here I am…being carried bridal-style by a mochi, who’s also twirling around and around now.

Everything is spinning and I can’t stop laughing cause this is so much fun. He puts me down eventually by placing one hand on my hip to steady himself. This doesn't affect me at all. His touch doesn’t affect me. It's just Henry being the sweet guy that he is. Sweet and dizzy. He's got dizzy that stupid boy.

I smile and offer to give him a piggyback for all his hard work, but he refuses. Good thing I’m also a stubborn one, so he’s on my back now. Free mochi delivery.

I walk getting us back to the others. I can hear him making sounds of astonishment cause I’m so strong. He should’ve known that already. I keep walking and I can feel him being more relaxed now as he tightens his grip around my chest. I find myself tightening my stomach in return; I need to shake that familiar butterfly feeling away.

Time for us to bow and I still don’t feel like letting him go, so I bow down with him on my back. More sounds of admiration reach my ears as he gets off. He’s smart enough not to forget to massage my shoulders a bit before he stands next to me.

We do as everyone else and move with the rhythm of the music. He probably thinks I’m all finished with him but he’s so wrong. I place my hand around his neck again and bring my lips close enough to whisper to his ear:

“You’re going down.”

"Here?" he asks, letting a y smile to escape his lips. But since when do I find this y?

"Yes!"

"No way!"

"Way!" 

I’m trying to trip him over but he grabs my other hand and doesn’t back down.

"I'm stronger than you!" I sneer.

"Aaaaargh! Ok, ok." 

 I myself, sometimes forget I’m not actually stronger than him and that he only accepts defeat cause it adds to our playfulness. This wasn’t the right place to let me win this argument again, so he offers to make it up to me with a piggy ride instead. I lose no time and jump on his back but I must’ve been a little too aggressive cause it doesn’t work. I tone it down a bit and I succeed the second time around.

My piggyback ride begins and it’s so easy on him. He flees across the stage and I wave at some of the smiling faces. He goes to the front and bends a little. My body lands fully on his back, he needs to get some punishment for this. I’m ruffling his hair cause he’s being such a silly little snoopy. I keep on messing them up, as he heads to the other side of the stage. He bends again and I lean forward:

“You can put me down now.”

“Wave Amber, wave!”  he tells me, ignoring my request.

So I wave again. He’s being really silly. I turn my head to the other side when suddenly my face is in his hair. I get a small panic attack cause the familiar shampoo smell makes me feel all fuzzy inside, but I quickly forget it as he starts walking again.

I instinctively put both my hands around his neck. But then I remember we probably over did it and so I release one hand, and I continue to loosen my overall grip. He feels it right away so he secures me back in place. I wanna close my eyes and forget about everything else but instead, I start giving him small hits to make him give up. He sprints a little and I insist, cause there are those big steps ahead of us and he’s crazy enough to actually attempt to climb them with me on his back.

I keep on hitting his left arm when he finally slows down. I push myself off of him. I’m ready to move forward but he stays behind trying to catch his breath. I laugh and I caress his neck a little. This is normal. I do it all the time.

Then I slide my hand to grab his snoopy ear and pull him along. He recovers quickly and we both run next to each other to take our spots with everybody else. I run feeling n’ synch with him, when in the very last minute, I realize I should stand to a place that doesn’t include Henry. My members are on the side of the stage.

I quickly get myself next to Victoria but I spend some time greeting Chen first. I should try and save the previous situation a little. 

I then see Henry fixing up his hair back to normal. Our HenBerger time is officially over.