Chapter 2

Catch S.Coups's Heart

 

the dialogue in italics are in english...

the dialogue like this is in korean

~~~~~~~~~~~

After the chaos, Joshua pull me to the corner at the practice room. He still mad at me. But, at least i manage to divert his attention by asking him to teach me how to play guitar. I'm ready to learn how to play guitar, i must say. What i didn't prepare is to have heart to heart conversation with him...

"Liz, do you like Seungcheol?? Like seriously, like him??

"Yeah... Like seriously, like him... Why you suddenly pop out the question, Josh??"

"I wanna help you.."

"Seriously?? You're not kidding right??"

"No, i'm not kidding Liz... So tell me, what make you fall for him??"

"I don't know, he really polite and sweet when i first met him, he very kind also, he very considerate with my feelings and not poke fun at me like the rest of the guys, sometimes he even defend me from them. Plus, he hot as "

"Liz!! Control your language please.."

"Not sorry!!"

"Haih... I really don't know how mum control you when we at States, you know.. If you really like him, just confess to him already... I'm pretty sure, he will respond positively..."

"But, guys think that girls who confess first are easy..."

"Who said that to you??"

"My deskmate."

"Mingyu??? Ignore him.. There no such things... Well, if you doesn't want to confess first, flirt with him.."

"Girls who flirt around are cheap.."

"This Mingyu is really not a good friend to you.. If you don't want to flirt with him, catch his attention. In no time, his heart is yours.."

"I know that, but how?? How can i know things that catch his attention?? Plus, i really at girly stuff, so don't you dare ask me to wear dresses or skirts.."

"I'm not asking you to change yourself, be you.. But, more daring.."

"What do you mean??"

"Dancing is your strongest point, right?? Why don't you sharpen your skills with the boys from performance unit?? As you can see, they practice in front of Seungchol..."

"I love you, Josh... Muah..."

Okay, act like me, but more daring... I can't help but to jog to the performance unit direction... Let's begin our mission to catch the almighty leadear-nim attention...

"Oppa, can you teach me how to dance Mansae choreography??" Ohhh, it's going to be fun...

"Sure thing, little girl.. How about you show us what you already catch on first??" Like usual, performance unit leader, Hoshi, ready to go..

"Okay, but don't laugh... I look silly doing it"

"Of course you not.. You are the prettiest girls i ever seen.." Well now, The8 comment didn't go unnoticed as the other boys, like all of them, start cheering..

"Well, you are the cutest boy i ever seen.." I can't help to reply his comment and add a little wink to the blushing The8. The boys got even louder after hearing my reply..

"Why don't you start dancing, Liz.. Before our The8 become too red..." 

"Hehehe... Okay, Hoshi oppa..."

Dancing is my strength and passion. I can memorize a full choreography of 4 minutes length song by watching the video 5 times. It's time to show them what i've made off. Joshua did mention of act more daring. Now or never. 

As soon as the music start, i start to improvise the dance as i will look silly doing the intro part of the song alone. A little popping to match the beat and some wave during Woozi part have made the guys chanting my name already. When Hoshi's part came, i dance according to the real choreography until Vernon part. I need to make sure i catch the attention of a certain boy in the crowd, so i start to do some y moves until the rap come to the end. Dino, pump up after looking at my dance, start to join me on the dance floor. When the song come to the end, i casually put my hand on Dino shoulder and his hand rest at my waist. The guys can't stop cheering and whistling at us.

"WOW!!! This noona is a world class dancer, her body movements are perfect, facial expressions tip top, and not to forget the wave that make boys fall for and the girls would die for!!" That's Diva Boo for you..

"Thank you, Seungkwanie... But i'm not that great.. Stop exaggerating, please..."

"You really are great, Liz.. And i must say, you and Dino make a perfect partner just now. It's like you two have telepathy and know what each other are going to do next." The angel has spoken...

"Yeah, noona.. It's really fun.. Let's do it again in the future..." The small giant maknae sure look excited after dance frenzy just now.

In the midst of compliment from the boys, i notice that the leader is not looking happy at all. He looks like he is upset and frustrated at the same time. He not even smiling back when he catch me staring and smiling at him. Did something happen that make him mad? 

"You did great, my girl.." Joshua compliment me loudly and whispering, "I must say your wave and abundant of skinship with Dino throughout the dance definitely got his attention.."

I don't have time to register what Joshua said when suddenly i feel someone grab my hand and literally drag me from the practice room to the street. The hand which holding me is rough from the hard work, yet his grip didn't hurt me. The back side of the man make me realize that Joshua is right. I definitely manage to catch the leader attention. There's no word exchange between us and before i realize, we already arrived at the small park that the Seventeen members usually go if they want to have a little break from their exhausting schedule. Seungcheol pull me to a bench and motion me to sit down. I'm waiting for him to say something, but it seems like the words could not get out from his mouth. 

"Oppa.."

"Why you do that?? Why you have to throw your cute little wink to The8?? Why you have to compliment The8 cute loudly?? Why you have to do that ing y wave when there's 13 boys at the same room with you?? Why you have to do excessive skinship with Dino during the dance?? Why you have to to be the one that i fall into??" Seungcheol face flushed as he register what he already said. 

"Oppa, you really mean that, right?? You not joking with me, right??"

"Yes, Liz. I really mean what i said just now. I really like you. I have fallen to you ever since Joshua introduce you to us the first week of his training. I can't help to like you. You look innocent and pure, yet you very out going, adventurous, and whenever you blurt out your Harry Potter facts, you look like a small kid who got a bag of candy. I know i should not fall for you and shouldn't tell you this, but i sincerely like you..."

"Why you think that you shouldn't fall for me and tell me??"

"You're Joshua's little sister, his most valuable person in the whole world. It's wrong to fall to your friend's sister.."

"Of course it's not, dummy... I like you since our first meeting and Joshua know all along. Who do you think tell me to go dance in front of the boys and act more daring??"

"Owh..." Seungcheol suddenly get up and laughing laoudly. Like really loud that the park echos with his laugh. After he finish laughing, he stand in front of me and get on his knee.

"Liz, i know this seems cheesy, corny and whatever.. But, would you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course i would to, oppa.."

I'm so happy that i cried. My one-sided love have become my first love. When Seungcheol realize that i've been crying, he quickly get up and hug me. He whispers sweet nothing to my ears to make me stop crying. I finally stop crying and enjoying myself in his embrace.

"Congratulations to both of you. Finally got some nerve to confess. And i warn you Seungcheol, if there is any tears from my little girl, except happy tears of course, because of you, you have to say goodbye to the world"

Joshua voice kill the silence and when turn to the voice, i can see another 11 boys at various position smilling at both of us. It looks like they have been following us from the beginning, aren't they??

"I would not hurt my princess, Joshua. I'll make sure i take a good care of her and cherish her with all my heart."

Hearing Seungcheol promises to Joshua make me blush and the background music, which consist of wolf-whistling, cheering, and even some random love song, from the 11 boys definitely does not do anything to help. I can live with that i guess, after all i have succeed in my mission to catch S.coups's heart.

 

~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading. I know this is childish, but it's my first time trying to write. I'm really sorry for the grammar mistakes..