Chapter Five.

Bodyguard

Vocal and dance practice went better than he thought. Before he knew it, Jeonghan was bidding goodbye to his instructor and went to rejoin his manager and bodyguard in the waiting room. He noticed Jisoo first, looking all professional with his glasses on, and of course, his laptop was on his lap. What he didn't imagine seeing, Soji was actually using her phone. He'd seen her on a call with someone before but she was actually playing a game on it. He knew what game it was, Jisoo's favourite game. His manager had nearly gone crazy because of it, he just hoped his bodyguard didn't go insane because of it either.

"What level are you on." He had snuck up behind the girl, which was pretty easy since nobody noticed him there. Soji nearly flipped her phone and groaned when she saw the words "Game over" flash on the screen.

"Yoon Jeonghan! Look what you did." She pouted and tapped at her phone, almost as if she was sulking over it. 

Jeonghan just laughed and took a seat next to her.

"I didn't know my bodyguard played games."

"Well, you can blame Mr Hong over there, not me." She huffed and tapped the "try again" button, which completely her back into the game. Jeonghan decided to just watch her this time, seeing her concentrating on something was really cute. Wait what. Cute? He must have been going insane. 

After a good 20 minutes, in which Soji lost 4 games, Jisoo put his laptop away and called for the duo to get into the car. The bodyguard entered first, follwed by the boy who wouldn't stop teasing her because she was finally doing something "normal". She ate and slept like everyone else, wasn't that normal enough for him? 

"Alright children, where would you like to eat tonight? I'll treat." Jisoo asked when they stopped at a traffic light. 

Jeonghan was about to yell out his answer, but shut his mouth when he saw Soji in deep thought. She should be incharge of their eating location for the night since she was the new addition to the household. 

"Can we eat chinese food tonight? Kinda craving it." Soji said and procceeded to patting her stomach which made Jeonghan laugh. 

"Chinese food it is then!" Jisoo declared and drove off to the nearest chinese restaurant.

-

"Alright, no schedules for tomorrow, but don't stay up too late or else." Was all Jisoo had said before retiring for the night. 

It hadn't even been that long of a day, but spending almost 24 hours with Jeonghan and Soji nearly killed him. Those two were like a married couple half the time, the other half acting like siblings. He'd also observed that Soji's mood swung a lot. One minute she'd be happy, the next thing you know she could kill someone with the last thing they'd think for a weapon.

Jeonghan was going to follow suit and head for bed as well when he saw Soji take a seat in the livingroom. He walked over and took a seat next to her, making sure to flash his "most annoying" smile, according to her.

"Can i ask another question, Soji?" He finally broke the silence.

"Is it going to be like last time where you end up insulting me?"

"I was being insensitive, i'm sorry. But i'm more curious about this. Like geniunley curious. But you can tell me if i'm going too far, i'll stop."

Soji nodded slowly.

"Your mom is 29 years old and you're 8 years younger than her. Mind explaining how that works?" He asked slowly, observing her reaction for any signs of negativity. Surprisingly, there was only a slightly surprised look.

"Nam Chori is actually my sister." She started off. "I was adopted into the family when i was around 3 years old. Things were great in the beggining. I had a new life, a happy family, amazing friends. Then a few years later, our parents divorced. It was so sudden, but it affected Chori's mother a lot. I was around 7 years old when that happened. Her mother ended up sending Chori and I to boarding school so she could recover from the recent events. My dad just disappeared from our lives completely. Not like i really minded, since he was barely at home."

She took a deep breath and looked at Jeonghan before continuing. 

"When Chori turned 20, i was 12. I had started training at the academy two years before. But she fought for custody over me. Our mother wasn't getting better. She turned into a workaholic and she was completely incapable to take care of us. She nearly forgot about us all together. So when i was 13 years old, i was officially the child of Nam Chori. She still lived her life, but she always made sure that i was her first priority." She ended off with a smile.

A genuine smile. She hadn't told the story to anyone before, maybe only Yunah, but that was it. She didn't know what came over her, how did Yoon Jeonghan break her sheild she was desperately trying to keep up. 

"That's actually sad but motivating in a way." He finally said. "Do you ever think you'll go look for your biological parents?"

"Sure why not. It's not like they gave me away for no reason. My birth mother left a note in my carrier when she dropped me off at the orphnage. Chori's mom made sure to keep it for me until i was old enough to read. She wanted me to understand that i wasn't hated. Born only to be thrown away. My birth mother just couldn't take care of me."

"Now i just feel like a spoilt kid." Jeonghan pouted.

"That's because you are. Even if you did work for all of this, don't forget what you were striving for in the first place." She countered before patting his shoulder. "Anyway, goodnight Jeonghan. And thanks for listening to my sad childhood story. It felt kind of nice to let it all out." 

With that, she was off to her room, leaving Jeonghan alone with his thoughts once more. That girl really confused him and she'd only been around for a week. 

He sighed and picked himself up. Maybe he should sleep. That would help him regain his sanity.

-

The next morning hit Jisoo in the face quite hard. Jeonghan had been out of bed earlier than both the bodyguard and himself and was actually cooking breakfast. When did he even learn how to cook? Soji's sleepy figure was revealed when she walked out of her room twenty minutes later and the look of confusion painted her features as well when she'd seen Jeonghan all ready for the day. 

She rushed over to Joshua's side, eyes still fixed on the idol.

"Is that really Jeonghan? Am i still asleep? What's going on?" She asked him, quiet enough so Jeonghan didn't hear her.

"I don't exactly know. We'll have to investigate." He replied. 

Both of them were just standing in the middle of the living room, eyes never leaving Jeonghan. Said boy was of course already eating the food he had cooked and didn't take notice of the two.

"Jeonghan, how come you're awake so early?" Soji asked after a few minutes. Jisoo tried to stop her but lost his hope when she started walking towards the idol.

"I couldn't really sleep last night so i just woke up early, then i had nothing to do after getting ready so i decided to cook for everyone. Come and eat, i can't finish this by myself." He smiled at the bodyguard then to his manager.

Joshua just watched as Soji started eating. Something was really wrong. Maybe Jeonghan was finally becoming responsible–. Impossible. He took his seat beside the other boy and started eating as well. The manager was quite surprised with the taste of the food. It was really well prepared, maybe even better than his own cooking–. Impossible.

"I have an idea for today, how about we all go watch a movie?" Jeonghan finally inquired.

"You and Soji can go, i need to be at the office for meetings." He replied, a slight pout appearing before he turned to Soji. "Chori did ask for you to send and pick me up tho." 

Soji just nodded at both questions and continued eating. If Jeonghan wasn't an idol, Soji would have definately hired him to be her chef, maybe even consider him a house-husband. Wait what. Screw the last bit. She must have been going crazy today. She felt Jeonghan's weight on her arm when he leaned over to wrap his arms around hers. 

"A movie date it is then!"


Many thanks to UaenaExoticInspirit for upvoting!