Chapter One.

Bodyguard

He was like any other celebrity. He was good looking, talented. Everyone either wanted him or wanted to be him. But of course, with so many blinding lights, he'd been side-tracked from what he wanted in the first place.

"Goodmorning Jeonghan. Today you have a photoshoot at 10am, lunch with the director of your new drama at 12:30pm. After that you have dance practice, followed by vocal practice. Finally, you will get ready for a meeting with the CEO at 7pm. Chori specifically said not to be late for this meeting as she has something important to discuss and someone important is coming over." Joshua read from his list to the half awake male in his king-sized bed.

"Alright, i'll be out in 30 minutes. Let me freshen up." Came a reply from the bundle of blankets on the bed. 

Joshua nodded before exiting the room and busy-ing himself with whatever he had planned. He heard a thump a few moments later and knew it was time to prepare breakfast.

-

"Who is Chori bringing for me to meet today?" Jeonghan asked during breakfast.

"She told me not to tell you." Joshua replied while skimming down the news articles.

"Is this person a female?"

"Why are you so curious?"

"Because there's a special meeting arranged just to meet this person and i don't get to know who i'm meeting."

Joshua looked up from his news paper and threw a glare at the younger male before sighing.

"You will know when you get there."

Jeonghan simply puffed his cheeks and continued eating his breakfast. No point arguing with his manager. Not only was he 5 years older than him, but he was also the nicest guy he knew. It took a lot to upset him, but Joshua Hong didn't mix with anger very well and it usually ended up in a giant mess. Messes that Chori had to clean up.

After breakfast, the two men rushed over to the photoshoot where they met with the young model, Julli, who no doubt had her eyes set on Jeonghan. Joshua had to split them up a few times due to the closeness and how many scandals it would create.

Once done with the photoshoot, they met up with Jaehyuk, the drama PD for lunch at a fancy restaurant. Not exactly where Jeonghan wanted to meet. He prefered smaller, cosier places. But he was trying to impress someone, he couldn't complain.

While there, they discussed the plot, the publicity of the drama and all the fan meetings he would have to do during the show. Fan meetings were very fun to Jeonghan. He loved meeting fans, but sometimes they got out of hand. They went insane rip his hair out or steal his clothes for keep-sakes. Sometimes it got out of hand.

When the lunch was over and goodbye's were exchanged, they headed to the practice building where his dance and vocal coaches were waiting.

"Alright, since you plan on doing a more cutesy type of song this time, i brough in Kayla to help me, because frankly speaking, i'm terrible at cutesy." Kwangjoon said as a woman, slightly shorter than Jeonghan, walked into the room. A smile was plastered on her face and she was wearing the regular shirt and sweatpants combo, except she made it look better than when other people wore it.

"I'm Kayla! I flew down from busan to help out with your choreography, so i hope we get along well, alright Jeonghan?" She greeted, and her energy just made Joshua want to join in too.

Jeonghan returned her greeting with a bow and a lady killing smile, which somehow didn't affect her at all.

"I'll be leaving you to it then as i have things to attend to back at the office. I'll be picking Jeonghan up at 6pm, hopefully you'll be done by then. Byebye" Joshua said as he left the practice room. He heard a few goodbyes as he shut the door and started walking to the car.

He had to pick the mystery guest from the airport today and now that he was alone, he could do it. As he was about to drive off, his phone started ringing.

Chori is calling...

"Jisoo-ah? Are you on your way to pick my daughter up yet? Her flight landed an hour ago and she just called to check in." He heard a worried voice from the other side of the line. 

He couldn't help but soften up at her voice. Chori was such a hard worker and had to single handed-ly raise her daughter but she still manages to stay in order after all of that. It was the reason why Joshua never wanted to disappoint her. Her drive was there, and she wouldn't let anybody hold her back from what she wanted.

"Yea, i just dropped Jeonghan off for practice and i was about to leave when i got your call."

"Ah alright. Just drop her off at my apartment and i'll bring her to the office later on. Thank you Jisoo." 

"Anything for you" He replied and ended the call then proceeded to driving off the airport. 

If he calculated right, it should take him around 3 hours to get back to the practice room, by then it would be close to 6pm, so he would be on time.

-

For the first 5 minutes, Joshua was lost. He had a photo of the girl but he couldn't find her anywhere. He tried calling Chori, but her line was always busy. 

After franticly searching every inch of the terminal, a short girl finally approached him.

"Uh excuse me sir." She tapped his shoulder as he was looking around the waiting area.

"Ah. Can i help you miss? Are you lost?" He said before he could get a good look at her.

"No, actually i think you're supposed to bring me back home."

That was when he finally took a good look at her.

"Soji? You're Nam Soji?" He blinked before breaking into a smile. "You're so pretty, i bet your client's gonna fall inlove with you on sight."

This made the girl giggle, bringing one of her hands up in front of in attempt to hide her smile.

"Shall we go then? We're already a bit behind schedule and i need to pick someone up from practice."

The girl nodded and motioned him to lead the way to the car, where they rode back in silence due to Soji's fatigue. The car pulled up in front of a expensive looking apartment building where Joshua unloaded the car and woke the sleeping girl up before sending her off to the lift with instructions on where her mother lived. They parted with a small hug from the girl and Joshua drove back to the practice building to pick Jeonghan up.

-

"You smell bad." Were his first words to the boy when he met him at the reception desk.

Jeonghan just laughed and made his way to the car with his manager in tow. They drove off to their apartment and Jisoo decided to stay in the lobby to wait for Jeonghan instead of going up with him. The older boy only needed to wait 15 minutes before Jeonghan emerged from the elevator. They made their way to the car before finally driving off to the Tozai Ent. building.

-

"Hi Jeonghan, Chori-ssi is in the conference room already so i suggest you hurry on up. And Jisoo-ssi, after the meeting Chori needs your help with something." Said the receptionist. 

The men both nodded and headed to the conference room.

"Welcome, please come in." Chori stood up to greet them, the girl beside her following suit.

"Jeonghan, due to recent incidents with your crazy fangirls and paparazzi, i have called in a professional Bodyguard to protect you."

Said boy nodded slowly and started looking around.

"And who exactly is my bodyguard going to be?"

"My daughter here, Soji. She will also be moving in your apartment building, just across your own home." 

Jeonghan just stared at his boss in disbelief. This little girl was going to protect him from the harm of the world? She looked as if she couldn't hurt a fly. As if her fingers would break if she picked up a book. How could she protect him?

"Jeonghan, i know this might sound funny to you, but i can assure you, she's the right person for the job. She's been in training since she was 7 years old. Don't judge a book by it's cover. I'll let you two talk, i have something to do and i need Jisoo's help."

Chori stood up, walking out of the room with Joshua in tow, leaving the two staring at each other. Jeonghan still had disbelief written on his features, while Soji stared at him with a hint of amusment.

"How old are you?" He finally started.

"21. You?"

"20." 

Silence.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Pink. You?"

"I don't know... White? Pink is kind of girly, don't you think?"

Soji chuckled and shook her head.

"Colours don't define genders. I like pink because it's very bright and happy. Most people think i'm insane when i say i like happy colours because of my occupation. Like my mom said, don't judge a book by it's cover." She smiled at him, making the boy blush slightly. 

"Anyway, i'll have fun working with you."

 

First impressions count way too much.