library

Love Thy Neighbor

Lee Jihoon hated Choi Seungcheol. Hate is not even the right word to express how he felt towards the guy. He loathed his existence. Choi Seungcheol's existence, to be exact.

He hated how clingy the other acted whenever they're together. He also hated how Seungcheol kept saying the same thing again and again.

"Oh, Jihoon! I love you so much. You are the love of my life." was exactly what he always said. 

The sentences alone disgusted Jihoon to the core, don't even get him started on Seungcheol's clingy behavior. The older would not-so-casually (at least not Jihoon), sling his arm over Jihoon's shoulders when they walked. 

He also would, again, not-so-casually to Jihoon, put his stupid arms around the smaller's waist when they sat next to each other during lunch and sometimes just literally pulled the pink haired boy over laps, saying the chair at the cafeteria was too hard for Jihoon's cute (and of course, Jihoon would always make sure to remind him it's not by grabbing whatever was near and throwing it at him then proceeded to get off his laps). 

Jihoon was pretty sure he made it clear that he very much disliked Seungcheol, but somehow their friends didn't seem to get the message.

They literally took whatever chance they could get to set him up with older male, saying they should spend some ''quality time'' together to get to know each other more. This would be one of those times they decided to carry out their so-called plan.
 
"Don't bull me, Soonyoung. You promised to accompany me to get some books at the library!" Jihoon tightened his grip on his phone and gritted his teeth in exasperation at the person on the other line, otherwise known as Kwon Soonyoung.

"I'm sorry, Jihoon. Seokmin just happened to ask me out on a date today and you know the guy; he would sulk all day long if he doesn't get what he wants. Believe it or not, I really am sorry, Jihoonie." Soonyoung, Jihoon's self-proclaimed best friend said and purposely used the pet name to get on Jihoon's good side. 

Jihoon opened his mouth to continue ranting but quickly got cut off as Soonyoung exclaimed loudly (and a little bit too excitedly) into the phone.

"Hey, I've got an idea! I'll tell Seungcheol hyung to keep you company, so you won't have to go there alone. Hyung is also good at finding stuff tho he hasn't been able to find a way into your heart. Remember when he found Wonwoo's lost beanie? Maybe he might be able to help you find what you need!"

Jihoon froze at his friend's words. No, not Seungcheol. He didn't want to be with Seungcheol. Anyone but Seungcheol. Coming back to his sense, Jihoon hurriedly protested into the phone.

"No! Not him! You can't just ditch me and leave me with him! Anyone but-''

"No buts, Jihoonie. The homework is due tomorrow, isn't it? I'm sure Seungcheol hyung will be more than happy to help! I'll give him a call and tell him to meet you at the library. Don't run away, okay? I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye, Jihoonie!"

Without giving him the chance to respond, Soonyoung hung up, leaving Jihoon to stand there with his mouth wide opened. Shaking his head, Jihoon contemplated whether or not he should go to the library like Soonyoung said or just go straight home. 

The second option did sound very tempting except that; 1). Soonyoung would probably tattle-tale about him ditching Seungcheol to Jeonghan, and Jihoon would have to endure his hyung's nagging for the whole day. 

Or 2). He'd probably feel just a little bit bad for leaving Seungcheol there to wait at the library for him. Yup, definitely the first one. Ruffling his orange hair in frustration, Jihoon decided to head to the library. 

Too occupied with his own thoughts, Jihoon failed to notice the footsteps behind him until he felt a pair of hands covering his eyes, blocking his view that he's snapped out of his own little world. 

"Guess whoooooooooo?" The owner of the hands said in a singsong voice and Jihoon would have rolled his at the other person if it wasn't for the hands on his eyes.

''Let me go this instant before I break your arms with my bare ing hands.'' He hissed. 

The threatened person, however, did not seem fazed as he let out a low chuckle but removed his his hands anyways.

"Thank you, Jihoonie. I really really feel your overflowing love for me. Soonyoung said you need some company to the library and since he couldn't come, he asked me to come here with you instead. Ahhhhhh, I'm always glad to be able to be there for you. You know how much I love you, right?"

He smiled cheekily and laughed when Jihoon glared up at him but didn't say a word.

Together, they entered the library and went off to find available seats. The library was quiet, it being occupied by only a few students and the librarian since everyone went home already.

Putting his stuff onto one of the chair, Jihoon set off to find the books he needed for a research that was his homework. 

However, something was wrong. 

Jihoon could literally feel Seungcheol boring hole through his head from where he was standing. He turned around only to catch the guy shamelessly staring at him. Deciding to brush it off, he hissed in annoyance,

"Aren't you supposed to be here to help me find the books I need?" Jihoon questioned with a glare.

''I am supposed to, but I keep getting distracted by your beauty, my love. You really should stop trying to take my breath away all the time."

The questioned male grinned, walked up to where Jihoon was standing and proceeded to look through rows of books on the shelf. 

Jihoon just rolled his eyes at the boy in response. 

"The history of Earth, The history of Earth, The history of Earth- Ah, there it is!" Jihoon heaved a sigh of relief that he finallly found the book only to discover that it's located at of the upper shelf. 

Cursing his lack of height, Jihoon stood on his tiptoe and tried to reach for the book only to fail miserably. 

" being short." He muttered grumpily.

"You should've asked me to grab the book for you if you couldn't reach it. You, out of all people, know for sure that I wouldn't mind helping."

A voice, Seungcheol's voice to be exact, dangerously close to his ear spoke up. 

Suddenly, he was conscious of a warm body pressing against his backside and before he knew it, Jihoon could literally feel Seungcheol's hot breath on his neck and the way heat radiated off his body which dedicated that he was indeed very very close. 

He turned aorund and found himself coming face to face with the older boy's sturdy chest. Much to his surprise, Seungcheol decided to tilt his chin up with his finger and stared straight into his eyes, making the younger somehow unable to move away. 

Strangely, Jihoon found himself feeling some sort of butterflies in his stomach, and he wondered why. Silently gulping, Jihoon forced himself to stare back at the boy in front of him. 

He saw how Seungcheol's gaze traveled down from his eyes to his nose, then proceeded to stop at his lips, making Jihoon's heart skip a beat. 

As Seungcheol slowly started leaning in closer, Jihoon was having an internal crisis inside his head. 

What the heck was Seungcheol doing? Was he going to kiss him? Why was he not moving away? Wasn't he supposed to hate Seungcheol? 

Those thoughts ran rapidly through his mind and Jihoon just couldn't think straight. Seungcheol kept moving closer and their noses were touching at this point. Jihoon could literally count every single eyelash on his face. 

Just as Seungcheol was about to close the shortening distance between their lips. Jihoon's phone rang, signalling that there was text. urprised Jihoon jumped in his own shoes and pushed Seungcheol away then fished his phone out of the pocket of his jeans, checking the text message.
 
From: Annoying Soonyoung

Hey, Jihoonie! Seokmin just dropped me off at my house, and we had a really good time! : D
How was the study date? Did you find what you were looking for? 

 
Deciding to reply his best friend later, Jihoon slid his phone back into his pocket and looked up to find Seungcheol intensely staring at him. There was somethign in those dark orbs that made Jihoon confused. 

Seungcheol looked..... disappointed? 

Unsure of what to do, Jihoon awkwardly coughed and quietly said. 

"I-uh- I probably should go." He struggled to get the words out of his mouth and flushed bright red as he remembered what happened earlier. 

Seeing how Seungcheol didn't move from his position, Jihoon grabbed his stuff. However, he stopped on his track when he heard Seungcheol speak up,

"I'll walk you home." That was all that came out and Jihoon spun around to look up at him in confusion. 

Just as he was about to decline the offer, he was cut off when Seungcheol grabbed the book he was holding and proceeded to head out of the library. 

Without any words being exchanged, the two boys exited the library and walked home in silence.

"In case you forgot, our houses are right next to each other." Seungcheol said out of the blue. 

Not knowing how to respond to that, Jihoon muttered and small "oh right"and stayed quiet during their whole walk home. 

Why were things so awkward between them? It's not like they really did kiss, right?

But somehow, the two of them seemed to be too occupied with their rown thoughts to say anyting. Not after what happened earlier. 

"Um- we're here." Jihoon said. In the blink of an eye, they were right in front of his house. He turned to look at Seungcheol, waiting for the other to hand him his books. 

As the taller boy handed Jihoon his books, their hands accidentally managed to brush against each other, and the smaller male felt a rush of electricity causing through his body. 

Recovering from shock, he stuttered out, "T-thank you. You know, for h-helping me find the book."

He looked up at Seungcheol and couldn't help the blush that crept up onto his cheeks.

"Sure, no problem. I'll be off then. Say hello to Mrs. Lee for me. Goodnight." Seungcheol said in one go and turned to leave, waving as he did so. 

Sighing rather loudly after Seungcheol's figure entered his own house, Jihoon went in, greeted his mum and went straight into his bedroom.

Putting his bag and books on the desk, he stripped himself off his uniform and headed into the shower. As he let the water run down his body, his mind wandered off to the scene at the library. 

He thought about how Seungcheol had looked at him and how his eyes focused solely on his lips when he had Jihoon cornered between the bookshelf and his body. He couldn't help but blush under the running water. 

The thought, of course, led to him wondering if Seungcheol would have kissed him if Soonyoung hadn't texted. He wondered if he himself would let the older boy do so. It was all so messy and confusing for Jihoon and he wondered whether he should thank Soonyoung for today or strangle him with his guitar for ditching him. 

Finally deciding that he's had enough of a rough day, Jihoon stepped out of the bathroom. Dressed in his pajamas, he slipped into his covers and settled into a comfortable position before drifting off to dreamland.

 

---

i know i know it took me a year and a half to update and when i finally do update the story is all separated and such i'm sorry i have no excuse

to tell you the truth it was prolly bcs i sort of lost interest in writing for svt (i know i sound very ridiculous and stupid rn trust me i do) since there were already many people writing for them i just kind of thought my stories aren't as good enough hahahahhhh and hence i completely lost the will to continue writing for them

anyway in case you haven't already noticed the ''old'' chapter one (which was called rice cakes) is separated into two parts instead bcs the in me finally found motivation to write for them again and thus decided to come back and edit the story 

all in all i am deeply sorry to everyone who showed support for this story (but if you have left already i wouldn't blame you bcs i would have done so as well if i were you but pt.2 if you're still here thank you for not giving up on this ily) and i will try my best to update as soon as possible 

ily guys thank you