Why

Breakdown

A/N: I'm sorry if I keep you waiting for so long. I'm also sorry if I'm not able to reach your expectations. As I've said I'm not used to writing this type of stories. Actually I don't really plan on updating right now, but I'll be busier this coming two weeks and I can't let you wait that long. Please don't hate me if you won't like this.

 

Anyways, here you go.


Seungcheol woke up with his phone ringing. Glancing to the wall clock they had in their shared room he found out that it's only 5 in the morning. He groaned while he answered his phone not bothering to look who's calling.

 

Who in their right mind would call in this time of the day?

 

"Hello?"

Seungcheol.

Seungcheol sits right away after recognizing the voice from the other line.

 

"Manager-hyung. What happened?

He knew right away that there's something wrong cause their manager know that every rest they can get is important and he will not interrupt their much needed sleep for nothing.

 

I need you to stay calm. It's Jihoon. We're in the hospital.

 

"H-hospital? What happened to Jihoon? Is he okay?"

 

Seungcheol can't help but to panic after what he heard.

 

Seungcheol, you don't have to worry. It's nothing serious.

"Nothing serious?!! But he's in the hospital it has to be serious!"

Don't raise your voice on me Seungcheol. Now cool down and come here, you wake someone up to look after the other members.

"I'm sorry hyung. Okay. I'll be right there."

 

Seungcheol immediately gets up after he ended the call. He went to Soonyoung's bed and wake him up.

"Soonyoung I don't have time to explain, but it's Jihoon. He's in the hospital. I need you to look after everyone while I and manager-hyung is in the hospital. I'll update you once I get there. Okay? Okay."

Seungcheol did not even wait for Soonoung to reply, he changes clothes as fast as he can and went to the hospital as if his life depended on it.

 

Once he reach the hospital he find their manager outside the emergency room.

"Hyung, what happened to Jihoon?" Seungcheol asked out of breath because of all the running he did.

"I still don't know. Let's just wait for the doctor to come out. I just found him lying near his workplace's door unconscious."

Seungcheol slumped down beside their Manager. He held his face betewen his hands.

Ji, please be safe.

After a while a doctor came out from the emergency room.

"Are you with Jihoon?" the doctor asked.

"Yes I'm his manager and this is his bandmate"their Manager said pointing to Seungcheol's direction.

"I'm his friend." Seungcheol corrected. The doctor nodded at his direction.

"The patient is now fine. He just has a high fever. He must have been in a lot of stress lately that is why he lost consciousness. We will transfer him to another room, you can visit him afterwards. He is still sleeping, but he will wake up anytime soon. I'm leaving for now, if you have any questions just inquire in the nurse section."

"Thank you doc" their Manager and Seungcheol said as they bow to the doctor.

 

"I'm going out. I need to make a call. Is there anything you want?" their manager asked.

"Can you give Soonyoung a call for me too?" Seungcheol answered without taking his eyes off from Jihoon who is lying on the hospital bed.

He looks so pale, so fragile.

Seungcheol held Jihoon's left hand in his.

He really has a high fever. He feels so warm.

After some time Seungcheol feels Jihoon's hand moving in his. He looked up and see Jihoon waking up.

"Ji" he gave Jihoon's hand a light squeeze.

"H-hyung, where am I?" Jihoon asked looking around.

"We are in the hospital Ji"

Jihoon was quiet for a while but eventually he started crying. Seungcheol panicked at the sight of Jihoon crying.

"Ji, what's wrong?" he asked but Jihoon just cry harder.

Seungcheol hugged Jihoon. "Ji, it's okay don't cry" he then let go and look Jihoon in the eyes. "Ji"

Seungcheol panicked even more when he sees Jihoon cluthcing his chest. "H-hyung... H-hyung"

Seungcheol rushed out to get a nurse after he realized that Jihoon is having a panick attack.

 

Jihoon had fallen asleep again after the nurse had calmed him down. Seungcheol just stays by his side holding his hand in his once again.

Their manager asked him to stay with Jihoon as he goes back to their dorm to check on the other members.

When he checked the time on his phoneit was already 11 in the morning. He also sees messages from all of the members, all asking the same question. Is Jihoon okay? He did not bother replying, manager-hyung must have informed them anyways.

After some time the door to their room opens. Their manager walked in with Soonyoung and Mingyu.

"They insisted on coming, hell everyone wants to come, but I told them they can't come all at once" manager-hyung said while sitting in the couch across Jihoon's bed.

"We played rock-paper-scissors to determine who can come first." Soonyoung said while giving him a paper bag with foods. "You shoul eat hyung"

"He has not woken up yet?" Mingyu asked as he sits beside their manager.

"Not yet" Seungcheol said as he opens the container of food. He almost forgot that he has not eaten anything since he woke up and he suddenly feels hungry.

 

It was already 8 in the evening when Jihoon wakes up again. It was Seungkwan and Hansol who were with Seungcheol when Jihoon woke up.

"Hyung! You're awake! How are you feeling?" Seungkwan enthusiastically said.

Jihoon just smiled at him.

"You must be hungry, hell you should really be hungry by now. You should eat." Hansol said as he walk near Jihoon's bed.

Seungcheol is just sitting quietly in his place beside Jihoon's bed.

Seungkwan and Hansol prepared Jihoon's food for him. Jihoon was not able to eat much, he said that he felt he will throw up if he eats more.

"Jihoon hyung, we are going now." Seungkwan said.

"Get well soon hyung" Hansol added.

"Bye Jihoon hyung , Seungcheol hyung" the two of them waved at them before finally geting out of the room.

"Are you feeling better Ji?" Seungcheol asked.

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry about earlier. I never wanted for you to see me like that" Jihoon said while looking at his hands.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're okay now. The doctor said you can go home tomorrow." Seungcheol said as he reach for Jihoon's hand.

"Can you call manager-hyung for me?"

Seungcheol even cofused called their manager. They were both quiet while waiting for their manager. Seungcheol was still holding Jihoon's hand, he just can't seem to let go.

"Hyung, you should go home and rest too." Jihoon said as he squeeze his hand when their manager came.

"I'll stay here. I'll look after-"

 

"I will be okay hyung. Go home"  he said as he let go of Seungcheol's hand.

Seungcheol was left with no choice. He hesitantly get up and go out of the room.

"What is it Jihoon?" He heard their manager said before he close the door.

 


 

The next day...

They were all gathered in the practice room except Jihoon when Seungcheol received a call. He was expecting it to be their manager or Jihoon but he was shocked when he saw that it was the CEO.

"Good morning Seungcheol. Gather all the members and go to the meeting room now. I'll be waiting" with that the CEO ended the call.

"Guys don't panic but the CEO wants to see us NOW." Seungcheol announced to the rest of the group.

They wasted no time and went to the officeimmediately.

When they reached the meeting room, the CEO is already there, they noticed their manager was also present but Jihoon is not there yet.

"Good morning everyone." the CEO greeted after they settled themselves in.

"Good morning." everybody said.

"First of all I want everyone to listen carefully. No questions and violent reactions until I finish. Okay?"

"Okay sir"

"So as you can see Jihoon is not here, and I called this sudden meeting due to some circumstances involving Jihoon. You all know that Jihoon was hospitalized because of some stress right? This morning after he got out of the hospital he came to talk to me. He requested to leave the group."

"W-what?!" Seungkwan exclaimed. Everyone was shocked. Soonyoung is now standing and Seokmin is pulling him to sit again. Seungcheol just like the others can't really believe what they just heard.

"I know this is really shocking. And as I have said earlier questions and violent reactions will be entertained later. As I was saying Jihoon requested to leave the group. I can't say no. The company can't risk his health. But I gave him another choice. I gave him one month to rest and to think things over. After one month and he still choose to leave the group then we don't have any choice but to let him go." The CEO said.

The room was quiet for a while.

"Is Jihoon hyung really leaving?" Chan asked while crying.

"It is all up to his decision." the CEO said, sympathy evident in his voice.

Why Jihoon? Why? Seungcheol asked himself.

 


A/N: I know I said that it will be just a one shot but this story went longer than I had planned. I will be posting the LAST part later this day, I promise I just have some things I need to do first.

Anyways, give this story some love. ❤

Leave some comments and tell me what you think of this story. (Are there any Filipino readers out there?)

Let's keep on supporting the boys okay? Okay.

만새 🎉