Chapter 3

Of unforseen circumstances

“Omma! Did you see my white t-shirt?” Song Ji yelled as she flipped through her wardrobe with her hair wet and body wrapped with a towel.

“I think it’s still washing!” Song Ji’s mom yelled back from the kitchen.

“Oh god,” she checked the clock, “I’m running late.”

Song Ji continued to rummage through her wardrobe until she came across the perfect fit.

“Whatever, this should do.”

After blowing her hair dry, Song Ji applied some light makeup and wore her shoes.

“Bye omma! I’m going off!”

“Hold on, take this to your oppa, it’s herbal tea. Make sure he drinks it.” Her mom handed her a thermal flask.

“Alright! Bye!”

 

 

Song Ji took the cab to the MBC and reached just in time to meet her brother.

“Wow, such a big crowd.” she thought. She took her phone out and started texting him when suddenly, someone reached out and tapped her shoulders. She turned around and saw her neighbor, Eun Ji.

“Song Eun-ssi? You are Song Eun right? Omg it’s so nice seeing you here.” The girl smile in glee.

“Oh god. Not her again.” Song Ji thought.

She smile sheepishly and nodded, pretending to be happy to see her too.

“What are you doing here?” Eun Ji asked.

“Oh…uhm…I was just….running an errand nearby and…I happened to pass by here.” Song Ji explained.

“We are queueing to watch Vixx’s performance! Come join us!” Eun Ji grabbed her arms and pulled her into the queue. Just then, her phone rang. Song Ji mentally thank god for the phone call.

INCOMING CALL:

KIM WON SHIK

Song Ji skillfully answer the call without letting Eun Ji see her phone screen.

“Oppa…”

“Song Ji-ah! Where are you?” Ravi yelled on the other line.

“I’m here already but I’m a bit of a trouble…” she whispered on the line.

“Wae? What happened?”

“Our neighbor…she’s asking me to join the queue.” Song Ji mentally cried.

“Just tell her that you have something on! I’ll send manager hyung to the back door to pick you up.” Ravi said and ended the call.

Song Ji turned to Eun Ji and smiled apologetically. She managed to explain her situation to her and Eun Ji was a bit disappointed but nevertheless bided farewell to her. She sneaked to the back of the building and saw Manager Go standing by the door waiting for her. He waved to her asked her to pretend like she was one of the staff there. When they finally got through the security check, Song Ji was fascinated by everything backstage since it was her first time there. She saw many idols standing by the hallway chatting with their fellow groupmates and some even staring at her.

 

“I know this is fascinating but try not to stare at them.” Manager Go whispered to her.

“Ah…okay.” Song Ji followed closely behind the manager when they suddenly came to a stop in front of a closed door. The door wrote:

VIXX

 

 

“Go on, knock on the door.” Manager Go smiled at her.

Song Ji gently knocked on the door when she heard a “YE” from the room. She opened the door and revealed 6 handsome guys with their hair stylist and coordinators. Song Ji was surprised by the gush of hairspray scent running through her nostrils and sneezed the moment she stepped into the room.

“Ahhhh Song Ji-ah!!!! You are finally here!!!” Ken screamed.

She was engulfed by Ken’s overly friendly bear hug and judging by how tight he was embracing her, Song Ji could hardly breathe.

“Yah! Jaehwan-ah! You are suffocating her!” N scolded Ken for being inconsiderate.

“Oops! Sorry!” Ken let go of the hug and scratched his head.

“Annyeong Song Ji-ah~” Leo came and ruffled Song Ji’s hair. She was taken aback by his actions and blushed deeply.

“Aiyeeeeeee Leo hyung! You are making her blush!” Hongbin teased. Leo’s face immediately turned pink even though he was covered in layers of makeup.

“Ravi is changing into his outfit so you can wait for him at the couch. I’m going for my MC duties now. See you later!” N cooed as he walked out of the waiting room. Song Ji nodded and waved him goodbye. A minute later, Ravi came out of the changing room (which btw, is behind the curtains) and saw his baby sister sitting at the couch with a thermal flask.

 

“YO SISTER! You managed to get in!” Ravi said.

“Of course. Who am I?” Song Ji said jokingly.

“Wae? Did anything happen on your way here?” Hyuk asked worriedly.

“Nah, just a neighbor who happened to be a starlight. She saw me on the way here and even dragged me into the queue.” Song Ji explained. Hyuk nodded and sighed.

“By the way BROTHER, omma made you herbal tea and ordered me to watch you drink it up.” She handed him the bottle.

Ravi opened up the cap gagged. “Oh god, the smell.”

“Yah! Make sure you drink it if not I’m reporting this to omma.” Song Ji threatened.

“That threat doesn’t work on me sister. Leo hyung! Help me finish half of it PWEASSSSEEEE~” Ravi begged and did a failed aegyo on him.

“Just finish it Ravi, I bet your mum spent a lot of time on this." Leo advised.

“Fine…” Ravi sulked. The members laughed at him for acting like the younger one between the siblings.

“That sulking habit of yours.” Song Ji sighed.